Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that you had your hopes up for...and were disappointed.

Spaceman Spiff

I don't understand how Shyamalan still gets movies made.

I think it probably has something to do with The Sixth Sense. I thought that movie was awesome. It had one of the best twists I've seen in a movie. I think people keep going to his new movies hoping for that mystique he captured with The Sixth Sense to return and it never does.

I think it probably has something to do with The Sixth Sense. I thought that movie was awesome. It had one of the best twists I've seen in a movie. I think people keep going to his new movies hoping for that mystique he captured with The Sixth Sense to return and it never does.

They're going to do the exact same thing for Devil.

Explain to me what I'm supposed to get about Tarintino when it comes to Inglourious Basterds? Boring is boring. I don't care if it's Coppola, Scorcese, Tarintino or whoever.

Tarantino has a certain style of filming a movie, and telling a story. He focuses alot on the dialouge of the film and the little things about a film (jestures, close ups, etc.) Plus he likes to pay homage to alot of moves from the past, and if people havent seen them they wont get the reference.....like Death Proof the license plate of the first car was the same as in Vanishing Point, and there were alot of Dirty Mary Crazy Larry references. he makes films for fans of film makers and classic film lovers, and people used to the Michael Bay no plot, no thinking all action films of today sometimes dont dig it.

I can honestly say I have seen every Tarantino film and I have loved them all!.

1. Coming in first waaaay ahead of the pack is The Phantom Menace. I waited 15 years for that letdown. Fortunately the two prequels that followed weren't so bad because I knew what crap to expect.

2. The Chronicles of Riddick. I can only put my dissapointment in this sequel this way. There are two types of heroes in sci-fi. "Forced into situations" Han Solos, and "the chosen ones" Luke Skywalkers. In Pitch Black he was definitely a Han Solo, in the sequel they felt compelled to force him into being a Luke Skywalker. It was pathetic.

3. Wedding Crashers. Of all comedies, I had more friends rave and rave about how gut wrenchingly funny this movie was. I was bored the whole movie.

1. Coming in first waaaay ahead of the pack is The Phantom Menace. I waited 15 years for that letdown. Fortunately the two prequels that followed weren't so bad because I knew what crap to expect.

2. The Chronicles of Riddick. I can only put my dissapointment in this sequel this way. There are two types of heroes in sci-fi. "Forced into situations" Han Solos, and "the chosen ones" Luke Skywalkers. In Pitch Black he was definitely a Han Solo, in the sequel they felt compelled to force him into being a Luke Skywalker. It was pathetic.

3. Wedding Crashers. Of all comedies, I had more friends rave and rave about how gut wrenchingly funny this movie was. I was bored the whole movie.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If any of the prequel Star Wars Movies were bad (which in my opinion they were not) it would have to be Attack of the Clones.........a whole movie with Anikan whining was saved by that EPIC battle at the end between all of the Jedis, and then the Dooku vs Obi wan Anikan and then Yoda.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If any of the prequel Star Wars Movies were bad (which in my opinion they were not) it would have to be Attack of the Clones.........a whole movie with Anikan whining was saved by that EPIC battle at the end between all of the Jedis, and then the Dooku vs Obi wan Anikan and then Yoda.

WARNING to all reading this! About to reveal my inner Star Wars geekdom.

Let me start by saying all three movies were epically bad. The only thing that made any of them remotely interesting was the lightsaber battles. But of all three, Clones was the best. It had a decent plot even though it left you hanging. The beginning chase scene and Jango vs Obi was interesting to watch. And the stadium battle on the whole was very good. What made Clones bad was Lucas was trying hard to make a Titanic like love story out of the movie for the second act. But because Lucas is no Cameron, it was worse than bad.

Phantom Menace on the other hand had no real plot to speak of when you break it down. Lucas tried to say it was a movie for 12 year olds. More like 6 year olds, from Jar Jar Binks to the Pod Race scene (the announcer specifically) to the droid vs Gungan "war". I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon. And of all the lightsaber battles in all 6 movies, the way the one ended in Menace was also ridiculously cartoonish and dissapointing.

WARNING to all reading this! About to reveal my inner Star Wars geekdom.

Let me start by saying all three movies were epically bad. The only thing that made any of them remotely interesting was the lightsaber battles. But of all three, Clones was the best. It had a decent plot even though it left you hanging. The beginning chase scene and Jango vs Obi was interesting to watch. And the stadium battle on the whole was very good. What made Clones bad was Lucas was trying hard to make a Titanic like love story out of the movie for the second act. But because Lucas is no Cameron, it was worse than bad.

Phantom Menace on the other hand had no real plot to speak of when you break it down. Lucas tried to say it was a movie for 12 year olds. More like 6 year olds, from Jar Jar Binks to the Pod Race scene (the announcer specifically) to the droid vs Gungan "war". I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon. And of all the lightsaber battles in all 6 movies, the way the one ended in Menace was also ridiculously cartoonish and dissapointing.

For me it was too much use of CGI that killed the movies. Back in the days everything was done by real puppets and stop motion of miniature robots. I have watched episode of IV, V, and VI over and over and never get tired of watching it. I have only seen I, II, III one time.

Moreover, I tried to watch the Hulk and the CGI Hulk just wasn't the same so I didn't watch that one either. Even for some of the old school IT guys like me the real is more important then computer made.

Yeah I gotta agree with you on that one. I was expecting big things after Pitch Black, and Riddick was a complete letdown. Terrible acting all the way through.

Wow, I really like a lot of the movies listed here.

The first disappointed movie I can think of is The Expendables because it's the last movie I saw. Outside of a high body count it was pretty bad. I also thought Public Enemies sucked and I was really looking forward to that one. Toy Story 3D was saved only by Spanish Buzz. I never even finished watching Superman Returns I was so pissed with it. But the biggest one for me....and I was young....was most definitely Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Avatar, thought it was goin to be epic not EPIC FAIL

The problem with Avatar was that it was pushed sooo hard by the media and hyped so much, that everyone was expecting the Holy Grail. I can't remember a movie being hyped so much. But seriously, once you look past that, and the fact that pretty much the entire movie was done in CGI, it was really good, just not the end all/be all that most people unrealistically expected it to be.

Tarantino has a certain style of filming a movie, and telling a story. He focuses alot on the dialouge of the film and the little things about a film (jestures, close ups, etc.) Plus he likes to pay homage to alot of moves from the past, and if people havent seen them they wont get the reference.....like Death Proof the license plate of the first car was the same as in Vanishing Point, and there were alot of Dirty Mary Crazy Larry references. he makes films for fans of film makers and classic film lovers, and people used to the Michael Bay no plot, no thinking all action films of today sometimes dont dig it.

I can honestly say I have seen every Tarantino film and I have loved them all!.

Just so you know I'm hardly a retarded Transformers WHOOOOO! guy. I'm a pretty big movie nerd/buff. I'll watch anything. I've liked Tarintino's past stuff. But Inglourious Basterds just sucked. Period.

Here's my impression of Inglourious Basterds...

*french*

*french translated into german*

*german*

*german translated into french*

*french*

*french translated into german*

So on and so forth. For 30 minutes while Goebbels ****es about something.

And it's not a language/subtitle thing. Das Boot and City of God are top 15 movies for me.

I watched the movie the other night. Perhaps I was tired or in a bad mood or whatever. I really don't see me ever liking it because again, it's boring and it drags (for three hours), but I'll give it another shot.

I would say the Star Wars Prequels, but I saw them years after they were first released, so I knew what I was getting into.

Way to friggin' go, George Lucas.

I'm going to go ahead and say this even though it'll probably put my life at risk. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (the last one) is the best Star Wars movie out of the six. Better than any of the originals. People sleep on that movie hard.

Archived