Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At this point, Moss & Cooley remain only receiving threats......

NoCalMike

Jason Campbell throws the pick that puts that game out of reach last night.

If you couldn't at least tell the difference in pocket presence and command in the huddle, then I don't know what we can do for you.

I co-sign to that.

It was like night and day out there. JC would have been sacked at least 3 to 4 times. McNabbs pocket presence is something JC will never have.

I was thinking the Skins might be a little sharper, but considering its Dallas, even as over-rated as they are, it is still a crazy game when they meet; I'm just glad the good guys won!

Buy the 100 mil man, AH, looked like he was just going through the motions out there; it didn't seem like he had any enthusiasm to turn it up a notch, and I was surprised by that, thinking he would show up, and shut everyone up, but that didn't happen...

STILL, SKINS WIN

i still want to know what possessed K.Shanahan to run back to back fades for Armstrong

I was thinking the exact same thing. When has Armstrong proven that he's a good option for jump balls?

It reminds me of the game against the Giants three years ago when we decided to run Betts Sweep Left on the goalline until we ran out of bounds.

Also, Mike Sellers sucks. Why is he even in games anymore? All he does is drop passes, fumble and miss blocks.

This is the absolute truth. The guy does more bad then good. How in the hell have we not replaced him yet? Morris must have been atrocious if he couldn't beat out Sellers for the FB spot.

Revisit this at the bye week. If no one has stepped up as a legit 3d receiving option, then we have probs. A LOT of new faces out there in their first game, against a good D, and our only two receivers in this game just happen to be our best. Coincidence?

I'm just happy McNabb hit them both for 6 catches. That's 96 receptions for both at the end of the year. Nobody should complain about that...

First of all - They're our best receivers, so sure they're gonna look the best.

Second of all - Anthony armstrong and Brandon Banks are rookies and will improve.

Devin Thomas will hopefully get his act together.

And Joey Galloway had one bad game.

I feel like time to mesh and grow as a team is all we need, but I may be being optimistic.

Did anyone notice last night that Cooley had yet another fumble go out of bounds? I swear he does this at least once per game and I wish I could research if in fact he's on some kind of multi-game streak where he gets a ball popped out of his grasp that flies or rolls toward the bench.

Talk about feeling like we are trapped in Football Groundhog's day. I think McNabb even stopped looking for anyone else.

Was Galloway even in the game more than a few games?

This team isn't going to win every game that comes down to the end like this.

If Shanahan truly believe the Redskins overall can compete with the best, I think the WR core needs an upgrade.

Anthony Armstrong had such a good effort to make the team, and then can't come down with the TD catch on two consecutive plays.

Fred Davis? Where? Is this the same Fred Davis people were ready to count on, while trading away Cooley?

so by that rational, at this point, we will never score a TD, only FG's and our D will only give up 14 pts a game for the entire year. Our running game will be uneffective and trent williams will give up a sack every game.

its to early to even sweat this ... come game 7-8, we will have a better idea and really no one will be able to say anthing definitively until the end.

i still want to know what possessed K.Shanahan to run back to back fades for Armstrong

He should've run them to someone else (although, the options are limited). But I don't really have a problem with the back to back plays in general, from the standpoint of the first fade was there to be had, Armstrong just didn't make the catch. The play calls were sound, the execution was poor. I think they score on one of those two plays with a bigger, better receiver. I think with the bright lights on, Armstrong showed why he's a 27 year old rookie.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess this should be merged with the eating crow thread. Wow, so many conclusions based on one week :ols:

Lol...well it's the nature of this forum...all kinds of over reactions. I mean even with the defense...on 'Playbook'(NFL Network) the analysts were astounded by the beating that Schaub took...our defense may need improvement too but Schaub and Andre Johnson deserve their credit

Anthony Armstrong was well defended on both of those throws in the endzone. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't come up with the receptions. Cooley is still Cooley. Fortunately, he and McNabb have some chemistry going. Moss, despite his 10 receptions, still only averaged 8.9 yards per grab. Fred Davis and Joey Galloway each caught 62 yard passes from McNabb. I'm waiting for Devin Thomas to emerge like everyone else. I like Thomas. I think he can be really productive in this offense if given the opportunity.

Anthony Armstrong was well defended on both of those throws in the endzone. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't come up with the receptions. Cooley is still Cooley. Fortunately, he and McNabb have some chemistry going. Moss, despite his 10 receptions, still only averaged 8.9 yards per grab. Fred Davis and Joey Galloway each caught 62 yard passes from McNabb. I'm waiting for Devin Thomas to emerge like everyone else. I like Thomas. I think he can be really productive in this offense if given the opportunity.

Speaking of Galloway, why wasn't he able to get under the ball when he was wide upen for the TD? I personally think Moss would have been better in that route. Much younger and quicker. The ball would have been caught and the game would have been over.

I guess this should be merged with the eating crow thread. Wow, so many conclusions based on one week :ols:

I don't see why this should be merged with the crow eating thread. I doubt many people who were concerned with our receiving crew feels a lot better after week 2. Yes, Galloway had a hell of a nice reception on a deep ball, but he also couldn't get to a deep ball late in the game that would have sealed the game.

Take away Galloway's long completion (just to make me look better) and he had 2 catches for 26 yards - Armstrong had 2 catches for 36 yards

Roydell Williams did get a nice completion.

I will say the wide receivers looked a little better, but I'm not ready to say I feel confident in anyone outside of Moss/Cooley/Davis

I would have preferred to see Devin Thomas on the deep throw that Galloway couldn't catch up to, and I would have liked to have seen Galloway lay out for that deep throw, but then on impact with the ground he may have turned to dust, so I can understand his concern.

Archived