Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At this point, Moss & Cooley remain only receiving threats......

NoCalMike

Talk about feeling like we are trapped in Football Groundhog's day. I think McNabb even stopped looking for anyone else.

Was Galloway even in the game more than a few games?

This team isn't going to win every game that comes down to the end like this.

If Shanahan truly believe the Redskins overall can compete with the best, I think the WR core needs an upgrade.

Anthony Armstrong had such a good effort to make the team, and then can't come down with the TD catch on two consecutive plays.

Fred Davis? Where? Is this the same Fred Davis people were ready to count on, while trading away Cooley?

I agree. Moss and Cooley were the only guys that showed up tonight to catch the ball. WR really needs to be addressed but there's not a lot of options. There's Jackson in SD, but he's holding out like he's a top 3 receiver, I don't like his attitude. Then there's Antonio Bryant who has injury questions. Not sure what to do but we won't be scaring anyone with just Moss and Cooley. We need some other guys to step up.

Also, Mike Sellers sucks. Why is he even in games anymore? All he does is drop passes, fumble and miss blocks.

I was hoping to see Davis being more active, but tonight our pass pro was too inconsistent and the few times Davis got in, he had to block(which he can't do for **** anyway).

It was good to see McNabb target Armstrong but lets be honest, on most NFL clubs Armstrong is probably a 4th-5th WR.

It's just weird to think Devin Thomas is so bad that he can't be put into the game to run a simple go-route, or a double move....just to give the Dallas D something else to look at once in awhile.

He's so far back in the doghouse he can't see daylight. I still have some faith in Armstrong, but no one else was open other than Moss and that is bad, bad news.

I hope Allen has AJ Smith on speed dial.

Fred Davis was the biggest disappointment for me - even moreso than Armstrong. His contribution was supposed to negate our comparatively ineffective secondary receivers, and he did absolutely nothing to suggest that he can play an important role in our offense this year (nor did he do so in the preseason). I hoped he would provide another possession target, as we don't have a consistent "big" receiver - or really, any other consistent target at all.

I expect Armstrong to improve, and the coaches/McNabb clearly have faith in him, which can't really be said about anyone other than Moss + Cooley

It'll be interesting to see if Banks gets playing time in future weeks over a Roydell Williams. Also - it didn't seem like we called even one play for Devin Thomas... Hopefully that'll change in future weeks

I wonder how much Houshmanzadeh would've helped today...

Man, I'm gonna tell you this...If we don't have the Chargers on the phone RIGHT ****IN NOW attempting to work something out to get VJACK we are crazy...This Cooley and Moss as the only receiving threats isn't going to cut it anymore...

...because acquiring another team's malcontent hoping for a huge contract has worked for us with great success, time and time again

We need help, but we've known that for a while. I'm prepared to just roll with what we have. Its going to be Moss and Cooley with an occasional big play from another random receiver every game. We are what we are unfortunately, but we've got a QB who can make average QBs good.

No doubt. We knew this. Extreme fans aren't stupid. It was obvious to see in the pre season what would be the problem. We knew our line was weak and we knew that we have 2 receivers. Apparently, D. McNabb knows that also.

Our line is weak? They gave up one sack against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. Line wasn't weak at all tonight.

I'm not too shocked by this. This whole offense is going to be a work in progress for most of the season, particularly with the time McNabb missed in the preseason. Even in the last preseason game he played in, he looked pretty rough and was struggling with the timing of his receivers. The OL also looks like one where it is going to take time for it to come together. McNabb was seeing rushers for most of the evening. I'm going to give it some time before I start hitting the panic button.

I agree with the "at this point" part. It will only open up from here. Moss will get dbl covered and the other guys will get open. McNabb wasn't throwing his best either. It'll only get better

You my friend are either drunk with elation from the win, or very, very optimistic.

If teams double cover Moss, our offense will slow down dramatically.

Next week we are going to see what a team with real receivers look like.

We only saw a few 2 TE sets and they weren't on passing downs. The WR corps looks as weak as I can ever remember it.

Yes, it does not look good.

Cant help but wonder if we had a healthy Kelly in the game when we were down in the red zone, those fades would have had alot better chance of being successful.

Our line is weak? They gave up one sack against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. Line wasn't weak at all tonight.

Credit McNabb for being able to move and Portis for his ability to block. I saw the Boys teeing off all night against our OL. I'll give Williams his due, stoning Ware for most of the evening, but it seemed like the Boys were getting push all evening long.

Archived