Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At this point, Moss & Cooley remain only receiving threats......

NoCalMike

Santana Moss led the Redskins wide receivers with six catches for 77 yards in the Week 1 win over Dallas.

Moss had a big drop that could have led to a major gain, but overall he looked pretty good. The Redskins need to put in a call to the Chargers tonight to ask about Vincent Jackson, because Anthony Armstrong was the only other wideout with a catch (and he had just one). Veteran Joey Galloway was targeted just once. Moss is far and away the best member of the receiving corps, which means he should get a ton of targets (he was targeted nine times tonight), but it also means he could face many double teams.

Donovan McNabb completed just 15-of-32 passes for 171 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions in the Week 1 win over Dallas.

The Redskins did drop at least four passes, one of which that should have been a touchdown to Anthony Armstrong. On the bright side, McNabb looked totally healthy, as the ankle wasn't a problem at all. This game is a reminder, though, that he simply doesn't have the playmakers at his disposal that he had in Philly.

Credit McNabb for being able to move and Portis for his ability to block. I saw the Boys teeing off all night against our OL. I'll give Williams his due, stoning Ware for most of the evening, but it seemed like the Boys were getting push all evening long.

This OL will face the Cowboys again, NYG twice, Minny, and GB this year. They don't seem to have the ZBS down and the timing is off. The OL will have a trial by fire this year and if the fire doesn't consume them they will be stronger for it. I still see at least 1 new OL being added next year. This group is definitely a work in progress.

This OL will face the Cowboys again, NYG twice, Minny, and GB this year. They don't seem to have the ZBS down and the timing is off. The OL will have a trial by fire this year and if the fire doesn't consume them they will be stronger for it. I still see at least 1 new OL being added next year. This group is definitely a work in progress.

We really need a C and a G. I'm hoping we go with a WR in the 1st and a C/G in the 2nd. We'd actually have a pretty decent O-Line if we got our C problem fixed.

...because acquiring another team's malcontent hoping for a huge contract has worked for us with great success, time and time again

malcontent? b/c he is holding out? That's all business, he's asking for a contract that he has EARNED and DESERVED...Illustrate for me anything else he has done to make him a malcontent?

Dallas has a good defense, and they were DOMINANT down the stretch of last year. They held Brees and the Saints to 17 points, then they pitched a shutout against us, then they pitched another shutout against Philly's #5 (I think that's what it was, wouldn't swear to it) scoring offense, then shut them down again in the playoffs. It's easy to forget that we're still in the first year of a new offense, and I'd wait until week 6 or so before worrying too much. While there is clearly still work to be done there were also numerous explosive plays and I did see potential in our offense.

Also think back to last year's opener; the only guys who were catching balls with any kind of regularity were ARE & Cooley. Later on we were spreading the ball around a lot more.

Not happy with Sellars and was surprised that he made the team really. The O line needs to open more holes. Rabach was just horrible, they need to coach up Erik Cook quick or else draft a center next year. So the Redskins are a work in progress. I'm pleased as punch that they beat Dallas. It was a real nailbiter right to the end. If Orakpo hadn't been held on the last play, he would have sacked Romo sits to pee as he was headed right for him and even looking at the behind-the-line replay, he would have smashed Romo sits to pee.

Until Carlos hangs onto passes that come his way, he will not get paid in this league. Carlos, it's not enough to just break up the pass, you have to catch it. And he did try to catch it, I believe, but balls and his hands just don't come together well. DeAngelo Hall picks up the ball and runs it in as time expires. I was ecstatic!

Trent Williams had a great day against Ware, made some rookie mistakes, but protected DM5 pretty well. Only 1 sack on DM5. And why did they cut our Red Snapper again?

Overall, needs work, needs another couple drafts to be dominant for years to come.

malcontent? b/c he is holding out? That's all business, he's asking for a contract that he has EARNED and DESERVED...Illustrate for me anything else he has done to make him a malcontent?

He's asking to be paid among the highest and best receivers in the sport. Regardless of whether or not he "deserves" this money, he could quite easily stay where he is, in an ideal offensive system with one of the league's best quarterbacks and one of the NFL's brightest offensive minds, in one of the nicest places to live in America, in arguably the league's worst division, while taking a little bit less money now that what he is demanding (or is "worth"). This would guarantee him all the financial security and then some that he would ever need, and allow him to continue to thrive in this amazing habitat. However - he is holding out to be paid something that is unrealistic in this market, at the expense of playing the game he supposedly loves so much... never mind abandoning his team.

This isn't the type of person Mike Shanahan wants in his lockerroom... this isn't the type of player who puts winning and his passion for football above all else. There are plenty of players in this league who are in their contract year, should have been unrestricted free agents but continued to play without the fuss of holding out, and many have gotten their paydays. Others haven't, but continue to play on otherwise (Logan Mankins immediately comes to mind).

Think about this: Vincent Jackson would prefer to play in a place like Seattle, with a significantly worse quarterback situation, in a rebuilding team, in an entirely new offensive system - all so he can be paid $60 million instead of $54 million (or whatever). We have payed players - time and time and time and time again - to come to Washington for the paycheck rather then come here to work their ass off and help us win a championship. Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuletta, Albert Haynesworth, etc. etc. etc. Players with huge egos that sought us for the only fact that we would pay them more than anyone else. This hasn't worked over the last decade, and was probably the singlemost factor in our unsustainable strategy to "win now."

and to add to all this - this fundamental shift in organizational philosophy that Shanahan is spearheading - when high profile receivers in the NFL switch teams, far more often than not, they never regain that same level of productivity in their new home

oh, and of course, he would undoubtedly cost us a highly valuable second round pick, and it's not like we have a plethora of picks to give away as it is

just say no to vincent jackson

Receiver, Maybe but I think we need a new RB as well. Shanahan's scheme is supposed to be plug and play with any RB and get yards. It did get going at the end but Portis still looks like he just falls down out there sometimes. I would love to just be able to run at will on anyone, then the pass will open up like always.

I think you'll see Fred Davis and Chris Cooley both be more involved once we don't play a 3-4 defense. With so much outside pressure, we couldn't have 2-TE sets and send both out, we needed more protection. I do agree though, that Moss is the only WR with any talent on this squad. We need to find someone else who poses a threat fast!

Wow this is news to those who blamed everything on the former Redskins QB last year and thought we would have packer point scoring potential with mcnugget.

To think we would have scored only six or nine points if not for D Hall

Jason Campbell throws the pick that puts that game out of reach last night.

If you couldn't at least tell the difference in pocket presence and command in the huddle, then I don't know what we can do for you.

I don't think either Shanahan had to be in McNabb's ear last night saying " You tell the guys to get pumped up..that we need to get going!! You're the leader out there, need to show the guys.."

Go pull for Oakland...

Archived