Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official gameday thread - cowboys vs redskins (with chat)

kiingspadee

As much as the defense kept the Skins in the game against a Dallas team with a suspect OL, this team isn't built to run a 3-4 right now. Haynesworth is absolutely worthless at NT, and out ILB aren't big enough to take on OL. Anyone that saw the GB game versus what our defense could produce in the way of pressure should see this as truth.

My friends keep telling me we were lucky. So what if we were? Skins fans deserve some luck with what we've put up with the last few years.

I'm happy, proud, hailing and drinking the last Yuengling in my fridge.

But they got work to do before they face Houston next week.

Who the **** cares about luck? A win is a win is a win! It's either a W or L, and the L don't stand for Luck. Suck it, ****es!

Three plays really bothered me tonight, but otherwise I'm actually very pleased. You can't complain when you win a dogfight in football, I don't care what anyone says.

Those three plays are:

1- Sellers dropping the ball on our last drive after he dropped almost everything thrown his way tonight.

2- Carlos Rogers failing to catch the easiest INT ever... I was so expecting him to get better in this regard and now he's just going to have the worse confidence about it again. Hopefully not.

3- Laron Landry on the next play not paying attention to Romo sits to pee and having the ball hit him right in the stomach.

I feel like we allowed the Cowboys to have a chance with those 3 plays. I'm definitely happy with Laron and Carlos' play overall, but you just have to make those plays to seal the deal if you want to be a big time team. Instead of us finishing it ourselves, we just hoped the Cowboys wouldn't make a play and allowed them to try.

How is that luck? Orakpo would have sacked Romo sits to pee had he not been held. Choice was forced to fumble by a good gang tackle / strip. The D kept it close the whole game.

You can consider Rogers dropping the INT and the blown coverage on the 4th down play for Miles and the bad punt by Bidwell as bad luck that allowed the Cowboys any chance.

3- Laron Landry on the next play not paying attention to Romo sits to pee and having the ball hit him right in the stomach.

Not really his fault. Laron was following the receiver, rightfully so and Romo sits to pee threw it behind the receiver. There was very little time to make a pick.

Archived