Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports: Give Haynesworth Cash to anyone other than Redskins, Albert

MattFancy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13892200/give-haynesworth-cash-to-anyone-other-than-redskins-or-albert

I have an Albert Haynesworth/Redskins theory, and it isn't the linear "He's a bad guy/They're a bad team" argument that most people hold.

I mean, they're both right, which is why listening to them argue is so tedious. Haynesworth has been a sloth through this whole I-can't-function-as-a-nose-tackle thing, and Mike Shanahan has been a nag through this I'll-show-you-who's-boss response.

Well, since "a pox on both their houses" is kind of a weenie argument (and since nobody really uses "pox" as an insult any more), here's an alternative that we believe everyone will hate.

The NFL takes whatever money Haynesworth has left on his contract and distributes it to the season-ticket holders of the other 31 teams as a kind of rebate for services rendered and shmata bought. It may not be much –- hell, $30, maybe –- but it's the kind of empty gesture that the league would trumpet as proof of its essential moral, ethical and charitable purity.

OR ...

It takes the money and throws it into post-Katrina reconstruction funds.

OR ...

They apply it to Roger Goodell's next vacation trip, to climb K2 with Clark Judge and Sara Rue.

OR ...

They just blow it on liquor and hookers for everyone at the Christmas party, including anyone who lost their jobs when the league decided to downsize the home office.

Doesn't really matter what, really, as long as the money leaves the Redskins and Haynesworth and goes somewhere else. Anywhere else.

The Redskins can't have it because they need to learn a lesson about throwing money away. They agreed to pay the man, and they shouldn't be rewarded because they can't come together with him on a plan that doesn't weaken and embarrass the club.

And Haynesworth can't have it because, well ... Hey, show up for work in shape and then *****, that's why.

This is quite possibly the dumbest Haynesworth article I've read.

what is it with cbs letting people write articles? this is not the first ridiculous article cbs has thrown up there from a first time writer. i think espn did the same thing, posting a pro haynesworth article from some guy who wasn't even part of their writing staff.

it just seems like they're digging for site views on this stuff, it has no real merit.

Archived