Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain to me how we beat the Pukes???

qcraftsman

The Skins need to exploit the Cowboys secondary in order to get the W. I think the playaction passing game will serve us well against the Cowboys below average secondary. On defense the Skins just need to play with intensity like they have been doing all preseason... the turnovers will come if they do. We WILL convert with a short field.

38-17 Skins win

Loving the optimism in this thread. Of course, I'm encouraged by the fact that last season, the Cowboys squeaked a 7-6 victory in the first game (cheers, Suisham!) and despite a dominating defensive performance, only put up 17 in the second. This team has done much to improve this offseason and the fire and passion in the players is there. This game is there for the taking, just got to go and take it. C'mon Skins!

If you want to beat us...

1. stop our running game early. (if you do this, RHG will abandon the run).

2. crowd noise. be loud and proud.

3. once the first two are complete, unleash the 3-4 beasts.

I hate the fact that you guys went up against multiple 3-4 defenses during the preseason. I think the extra work against non-Skins opponents will only help you.

I'm hopeful that we can put some early points up against you guys. This game reminds me of the 1993 opening day. I sure hope we get a different result.

Their O Line is really beat up...pressure on Romo sits to pee will be critical. Over pursuit will get us killed as he is dangerous when on the run. Their secondary is suspect and can be exploited with medium range accurate passes. Run D for us will be important and we must shut them down on the ground.

All of this can and will be done.

I like the way you think. No matter how vanilla, :pooh: is :pooh:

Exactly. The issue is that with stopping the run (which they've had an issue with in the preseason) it's a scheme thing, not just one on one battles. Pass defense is completely different. There are only so many coverages you're using and if they can't win the one on one battles there, even in the preseason, it doesn't look good for you in the regular season.

I'd say the same thing for the running game vs passing in the preseason vs regular season.

Here are my reasons:

1. I think this is Hasletts game to win. Everyone knows that Tony the Phony can't handle the pressure. To that end, we've gotta load up on Free at left tackle who is far from a, say, Trent Williams and rack Tony's blind side. A few of those shots and he's a gonner.

2. Home field advantage. The crowd will go apesh*t.

3. I think it's a huge advantage that McNabb has played the Cowgirls countless times. He knows that team, he knows their personnel, he knows how they roll. That's huge, IMO.

4. I think the offense needs to physically punish their defense. Cooley and Davis steamrolling DBs like they were made of balsa wood. OL putting their DL on their heels. Just physically dominate them, not the other way around.

HAIL!

protect our qb and bring some heavy blitzes so that our pass rushers can expose the cowboys o line, which was inconsistent at best in the preseason. i can see Romo sits to pee throwing a couple of picks if we can get some pressure on him and force him to make some bad decisions.

Well, quite simply put this is the same team we held to 7 points IN DALLAS, last season. We should have won 9-7, but Suisham missed a chip shot.

For some reason we always seem to matchup well against Dallas. Dallas on paper last season was superior, but somehow we hung with them and did everything but beat them.

With the exception of a game or two, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley always seem to light up the Cowboys, getting open with ease.

I think at home we can pull off the upset.

I think the pukes will come out throwing the ball, hoping to get up on us early. They want to take the crowd out of the game, and then pound the ball late. They aren't going to run the ball much early, so we have to be ready to confuse Romo sits to pee.

We need Landry and Doughty to be in position to shut the passing attack down early. They will try to get the ball to Dez Bryant, and hopefully Rogers is the Nickel DB, because I think that will be our best match up there.

I don't think they will believe that we have the secondary to stop their passing game, but if we do, we have a great shot to win this one.

We have got to stay balanced, and Portis needs to hit the holes the way he has so far in Preseason. McNabb isn't afraid to take shots down-field, something our offense has been starved for, and that will keep their safeties from loading up in the box.

We just need to be more balanced on offense than they are, because I think we have the defense to stop their running game. We can get hits and pressure on Romo sits to pee when they are in 3rd and long and we know they're going to throw the ball.

We can play with these guys as long as we limit stupid mistakes and turnovers. I believe that's where the Shanahan advantage over Phillips will come into play.

It's really very simple the cowboys have no one fast enough to catch Santana. Yes you have to pressure Romo sits to pee all night long he throws up his fair share of bad passes.The keys are stuff the run and put the game in Romo sits to pee's hands. The defense has to try to contain Witten and stuff the run and BLITZ,BLITZ and BLITZ again.

As a team we need to rush the ball and rush the ball a lot which will open up play action pass. Red zone efficiency is a must we can't go to red zone with out posting 7 points this game will be won in the trenches and some good running the ball and Donovan will have to be aggressive and take shots down the field. Final score 24-17 Skins.The Defense will hold us up.

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

stick 'em in the dream seats!!

Jess is in my dream seat if my seat is a face but if she puts on any more weight i'll be drinking out of a straw for 3 months. :)

Honestly, I don't expect win this early in the season but anything is possible and we've proven in the preseason vs starters and scrubs that we are going to improve our turnover ratio tremendously and that can change a game even with mediocre playing elites.

Archived