Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain to me how we beat the Pukes???

qcraftsman

We had them beat last year in Dallas by completely shutting down there offense. That was until our kicker (Suisham) missed two chip shots that cost us the game. If you remember, we were pretty beat up going into that game and most of us thought we'd probably get killed but the Skins really came out hitting.

We had the Saints beat last year too but Suisham blew that too.

Give us a Pro-Bowl QB and a SB head coach along with a new offensive line and we should be better than last year. Also, Dallas should have it's hands full with our defensive pressure we're going to apply.

Oh, one more thing, between the new gold pants and the fans screaming their heads off, I fully expect to win on Sunday night.

I think the strength of our defense will be our pass defense this year. If we can be solid against their run early I think we can handle their offense. As ever the key is getting pressure on the QB and given the issues the Cowboys have had along their line it will be a disspointment if we fail to get to Romo sits to pee although I think the Cowboys will game plan to get the ball out of Romos hands quickly with not many deep drops expect off play action.

The thing I fear most in this game when we are on defense is the screen and underneath passes to running backs versus our outside 'backers as well as Witten working in that area as well.

When we have the ball I think we will be pass first. I expect us to run the ball better than in preseason with Portis getting circa 20 carries but we win based on McNabbs arm ans scoring TDs not FGs when we are in scoring position.

2.No Tape on our Offense

Why do people keep saying this? This isn't like Kyle or Mike's offensive system is new in the league. The system (and plays) have been in the NFL and there is more than enough tape for a defensive coordinator to watch. All they would have to do is pull Houston Texan's game field or some of the Denver Broncos.

Why do people keep saying this? This isn't like Kyle or Mike's offensive system is new in the league. The system (and plays) have been in the NFL and there is more than enough tape for a defensive coordinator to watch. All they would have to do is pull Houston Texan's game field or some of the Denver Broncos.

You don't think the Master knows this as well. Shanny is a smart coach who's skills will be evident in the playcalling. That is the big diff. They are about to get some tape to review on us, when we play them.

If the Skins are going to beat Dallas, it would be this way:

1. Exploit the weakened Cowboys offensive line

2. Try to test the new Dallas safeties by throwing the ball deep downfield.

3. Get big plays on special teams. Dallas has historically often had problems with covering punts or kickoffs.

As a Dallas fan, I think the odds are slightly in favor of the Cowboys, but not by much. It will depend on whether the Dallas offense (which has been weakened some in recent months) can still overcome a stingy Skins defense. Even last year the Skins only allowed a total of 24 points to Dallas in two games.

That begs the question, though, whether the Skins have any offense against Dallas. Last year, the Skins scored an average of 3 points per game against the Boys.

But, last year is last year. This time, new coach, new players, both teams really have undergone a top-to-down change.

Archived