Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

There's only 4 tournaments  people care about, the 4 that make up the Grand Slam.  Can Tiger compete in those again? Can he win those again? Can he break the record?

Competing and winning those, is what will add to his legend. If he can't do that, he will eventually be an afterthought again.

**** Tiger. I don't wish him on a continued downward sprial but I knew that guy was a major phony at age 8.

My friend bought a Tiger book from the library book sale and I chided him about getting a lame Tiger book. My teacher overheard me and scolded me, tellig me how great of a man Tiger Woods is and how we should all have his character AHAHAHAHA.

That same teacher also hated Seinfeld so . . . yeah..

Watching tiger warm up on the range on day 3 for an afternoon tee time is fun :)

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There's only 4 tournaments  people care about, the 4 that make up the Grand Slam.  Can Tiger compete in those again? Can he win those again? Can he break the record?

Competing and winning those, is what will add to his legend. If he can't do that, he will eventually be an afterthought again.

Yeah but tiger's gone that route before and it's ended in embarassment.

This isn't about him adding to his legend.

It's a question of whether competitive golf will ever be a part of his future.

He needs to complete a few tournaments before anything is considered in regards to majors. Anything else is foolish.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't see him catching Jack, but if he wins four more PGA Tour events, he'll surpass Sam Snead for most wins in that category.....that would be a significant achievement, even though he's always wanted to pass Nicklaus with the majors.  He won eight PGA tournaments between 2012-13. 

7 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

**** Tiger. I don't wish him on a continued downward sprial but I knew that guy was a major phony at age 8.

My friend bought a Tiger book from the library book sale and I chided him about getting a lame Tiger book. My teacher overheard me and scolded me, tellig me how great of a man Tiger Woods is and how we should all have his character AHAHAHAHA.

That same teacher also hated Seinfeld so . . . yeah..

Now that's some filthy hating.  Tip of the cap, sir.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yet I am considered to be a jerk. 

Pfft. 

Truth is... sweat him or not...he is still one of the biggest reasons for golf to even be televised. 

I don't sweat him, I do know his value to the game though. 

Golf has been on TV for a long time. So he doesn’t get that credit, but he made it more popular to casual fans or people that never paid attention to golf before. 

19 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Anyway...back to actual human adults talking about golf...looks like wind/dry greens/fatigue got the best of Tiger today.  Not terribly surprising.

Nope.

His ability to play competitive golf is the question... 

He didn't withdrawal with an injury. So, trending the right direction...

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Nope.

His ability to play competitive golf is the question... 

He didn't withdrawal with an injury. So, trending the right direction...

I'd say a 4 under Sunday and a top 10 finish is about as good as could've been hoped for.

How bout that little Rickie Fowler tho?!?

On 12/2/2017 at 3:54 PM, pjfootballer said:

Golf has been on TV for a long time. So he doesn’t get that credit, but he made it more popular to casual fans or people that never paid attention to golf before. 

I remember  when they had two cameras...one for Arnie, and one for Jack...and they had to make the walk, every cameraman.  times are different now...it's hole to hole. 

Be glad you're younger.  :ols:

15 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Yes but I doubt it'll happen and I'm a huge fan 

He's old and his body is breaking down

I hate seeing this written down.

One of the things that's always been cool to me about tiger woods is that we're the exact same age. 

Archived