Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, what exactly was up with the refs last night?

tr1

The play clock display and the Qtr Time are displayed BACKWARDS  

36 members have voted

1. 1. The play clock display and the Qtr Time are displayed BACKWARDS

• I agree, they're displayed backwards, they need to reverse it
    • I don't agree, it's fine the way it is
    • No opinion
    • MTH, you need to get a life, dude

Okay, I've had my issues with NFL referees in the past, but when announcers can't ignore the obvious, it's time for someone from the league to take notice.

I say the league be allowed to introduce tear-away jerseys.

Anyone with a handful of material after the play gets called for holding.;)

It'll keep everyone honest.

Oher was getting away with several holds against Orakpo too. No call. After the Saints game last year I just basically assume the refs are against us all the time. Nothing I've seen has made me change my mind.

But the more you complain to a ref, the more he coutinues to dislike you. So what are we ever going to do?

I had hoped that Shanahan would have a different rapport with the referees. But we'll wait and see once the regular season starts.

It is horrible and it's nothing new. Somewhere there is an NFL law making it illegal to call holding against a Redskins' opponent. The bizzarre thing is that there is no advantage to being so obviously biased and one-sided during a pre-season game... though I guess people do bet on those too.

I was also really annoyed at the delay of game penalty, especially after they had reversed one for Baltimore earlier with less cause.

I gotta tell ya, I thought it got better during the Gibbs II era, and I was hoping Shanny's stature would help a bit.

However, if we get a repeat like that during the regular season, we're going to lose a few key games.

i think he backed into it, it wasnt an intentional kick.

but landy SHOULD have been called for delay of game for his "cramp"

Yeah, I was LMAO on that one. I think Landry saw our D wasn't getting set in time and he faked an injury to get the time out. It's hard to believe the refs pentalized Fletcher and let Landry get away with that one. I did think it was funny and quick thinking by Landry.

Did anyone notice that the Head Ref kept sending what appeared to be the yougest ref over to explain the calls or lack thereof to Shanny...To me it looked like a cowardly move by him. And that non-fumble due to forward progress was the worst call of the night they looked like complete fools out there.

Archived