Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Grossman Talks "Sexy Rexy," Greatness

Hubbs

I think we need to get one of our guys to ask Rex if he's heard about the **** It, I'm Going Deep Club. :ols:

Link

"I want to be in that position [to], if needed, step up and play great," he told Fox 5's Dave Ross. "Not just ok and serviceable. I want to play great. I've started a lot of games in this league, I've been to the Super Bowl, I've done a lot of good things, but I can take my game to the next level. And that's what I'm trying to do, worry about myself. And if needed, step up and play great, not just good."

"You know, I don't like talking about it," Grossman said with a bashful grin when asked about his nicknames. "I hear Sexy Rexy. Maybe it's sarcastic."

So Ross asked Grossman if his wife calls him that.

"She does, a little bit," he said. "Yeah, she definitely gives me that nickname. I don't mind it when it comes from her, but some of these guys calling me Sexy Rexy out here, it's a little odd."

You call it odd, I call it awesome. Every team could use one or two players nicknamed Sexy. Now the Redskins have theirs.

Just posted this in another thread, might as well add it here, too:

06138165-1705-4f3b-bcc1-c0fe2f0f7bbe.jpg

I Have become the biggest fan of Rex. IF the bills were any good they could have had 3 or 4 Ints from rex alone but then I thought about it. He made it seem like those passes were lucky and could have been picked off. He knew all along they wouldn't be intercepted. He's a slick son of ....

I have been watching Rex since he started here in Chicago. I really think he is a good guy, but a horrible QB. In this pre-season game he was ok. No big mistakes. I'm not convinced or impressed. It will take more than a couple of quarters of a pre-season game against the Bills to change my thinking.

I hope these coaches can help turn Rex around.

I Have become the biggest fan of Rex. IF the bills were any good they could have had 3 or 4 Ints from rex alone but then I thought about it. He made it seem like those passes were lucky and could have been picked off. He knew all along they wouldn't be intercepted. He's a slick son of ....

Lol, love your sig.

I have been watching Rex since he started here in Chicago. I really think he is a good guy, but a horrible QB. In this pre-season game he was ok. No big mistakes. I'm not convinced or impressed. It will take more than a couple of quarters of a pre-season game against the Bills to change my thinking.

I hope these coaches can help turn Rex around.

I agree. I've seen quite a few of his games as well. He's usually really good or really bad. There is no in between.

I like using this to get a few laughs with my friends. I'm behind Sexy Rexy 100%. When I watch the games with my non-skins-fan friends, I'll drop an "unleash the dragon" and we'll have a chuckle.

I sincerely hope he does well if he gets tossed in there. With his history, McNabb may get banged up for a game or two.... so its a real possibility that we'll have to ""unleash the dragon.

I have ripped on Rex for years, but he looks good. I still worry about the picks, but he does have a cannon. He threw a couple of passes that should have been picked the other night. But for the most part I was very impressed with what I saw. He knows the offense and he's got a great attitude. As much as I want to hate on the guy (UF QB), he's proven me wrong so far. I'm glad we signed him.

WTF does that mean?:silly:

Replace "does" with those. It confused me as first too though :)

I just had a crazy thought.

Rex Grossman MIGHT be the starting QB for your 2011 Washington Redskins. ;)

And I'm not joking either.

I think I might just go ahead and get my Sexy Rexy jersey now.

And I'm not joking either.

I'd rather have the guy with fortune on his side than the guy without. You make your own luck, fellas. Stop acting like being "lucky" is a negative. He must be doing some good sincerely and for the right reason to have things go his way like that. Either that, or he's in for a gigantic wake up call real soon. We'll just have to see.

Meh, I dont know where all these man crushes are coming from. The guy played ok against second teamers and scrubbs, and some of his passes could have been six for the other team. :whoknows: What ever!

In truth, I feel the same way you do. But, hell, we know what rooting for the underdog is like. I'm just having fun with it... and hoping he actually does well when he is subbing for McNabb.

What’s that? I should throw a quick slant? **** that. That’s gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is ****ing football. You can’t just expect wins to come to you. You can’t massage that ****. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving **** out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You’re a *****. This ain’t John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

GEEZ!

After reading some of the posts here, I wonder if the mailman "throws" your mail in the yard and runs!

Sexy Rexy? Unleash the dragon?

Unleash this!

If he ends up coming in for DM, kiss this season goodbye, unless he starts throwing alot better. I'm not sure which game some of you guys watched, or if you watched it through a beer bottle, but I am sure the majority of ES'ers here could have done close to the same job; against the Bills, of all teams!

No, I'm not panicking just yet, but I can certainly feel the shakes and twitches a comin'..lol....

GEEZ!

After reading some of the posts here, I wonder if the mailman "throws" your mail in the yard and runs!

Sexy Rexy? Unleash the dragon?

Unleash this!

If he ends up coming in for DM, kiss this season goodbye, unless he starts throwing alot better. I'm not sure which game some of you guys watched, or if you watched it through a beer bottle, but I am sure the majority of ES'ers here could have done close to the same job; against the Bills, of all teams!

No, I'm not panicking just yet, but I can certainly feel the shakes and twitches a comin'..lol....

You are just afraid of the dragon. Throwing deep gets the cheerleaders all hot and bothered. Rex understands that better than anyone.

Archived