Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

More chance of MisterP persuading Appolo Creed to double up on Everton's fictional fan core than that happening! No interest from L'pool at all. 

Another International one to add to Matip and the African Nations, it's the European Under 19's for two weeks in Germany next month. (M. 11- Su.24.). Both England and Serbia have qualified so I would guess there's fair chance both Grujic and Ojo at least will miss the first four domestic friendlies and will join back up out in America.

We also didn't stand a chance against Spain. 2-0. It's ludicrous to say we have no chance. If you argue that we have 1% chance to win I won't argue. But definitely not 0. We have done it before.

Spain in the Confed. Cup who weren't in the least bit arsed?

*Whispers 'nobody in Europe even gives that a second glance.' Another superfluous waste of time competition to make more money for a host WC Country when players should be on a break. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Spain in the Confed. Cup who weren't in the least bit arsed?

*Whispers 'nobody in Europe even gives that a second glance.' Another superfluous waste of time competition to make more money for a host WC Country when players should be on a break. 

Hail. 

Yeah I am sure they werent the least bit arsed. Im sure they were cool with us ending their 35 game unbeaten streak, with them not winning the only tournament they hadnt won. Im sure they werent trying. :rolleyes:

Yeah I am sure they werent the least bit arsed. Im sure they were cool with us ending their 35 game unbeaten streak, with them not winning the only tournament they hadnt won. Im sure they werent trying. :rolleyes:

Dude, seriously. Take a look at Spain's 'performances' in those as opposed to their WC/ EC performances. 

Sorry to break this to you but NOBODY in Europe gives a rats ass about the Confed. Cup. 

Really ?

BRILLIANT! One more boxer and we get a free Everton season ticket!

You can do it MisterP!

Hail. 

Dude, seriously. Take a look at Spain's 'performances' in those as opposed to their WC/ EC performances. 

Sorry to break this to you but NOBODY in Europe gives a rats ass about the Confed. Cup. 

BRILLIANT! One more boxer and we get a free Everton season ticket!

You can do it MisterP!

Hail. 

Ill start scouring the interwebz for another boxer. Ill report back as soon as I can!

So you are telling me, that Spain didnt care about winning? Didnt care if their 35 game unbeaten streak that stretched for years came to an end? Didnt care to be knocked out of a tournament? Didnt want to win another trophy?

• Like 1

So you are telling me, that Spain didnt care about winning? Didnt care if their 35 game unbeaten streak that stretched for years came to an end? Didnt care to be knocked out of a tournament? Didnt want to win another trophy?

I'm telling you most nobody in Europe cares about the Confederations Cup at all. It's just a mighty inconvenience nobody wants to either play in or watch. South American's treat it as a big deal as they'll take any victory over a European power. But over here it barely gets a second glance. 

Yeah, I'm sure Spain weren't happy at the streak ending. But it wasn't anything like it would of been if they'd of gone out the WC the following year in South Africa. Just like it wasn't that big a deal when they got an arse kicking to Brazil the final of the following confed. cup. But it WAS when they crashed out the WC the year after. 

Even the Copa America get's little to no interest in Europe. The pre-WC competition is just a money making joke that nobody needs given the ridiculously hectic European schedule. The in-between year of a WC and Euro's should be an off year. 

Don't buy the FIFA/ Fox/ ESPN hype. The rest of the World aren't arsed. 

Hail. 

I'm telling you most nobody in Europe cares about the Confederations Cup at all. It's just a mighty inconvenience nobody wants to either play in or watch. South American's treat it as a big deal as they'll take any victory over a European power. But over here it barely gets a second glance. 

Yeah, I'm sure Spain weren't happy at the streak ending. But it wasn't anything like it would of been if they'd of gone out the WC the following year in South Africa. Just like it wasn't that big a deal when they got an arse kicking to Brazil the final of the following confed. cup. But it WAS when they crashed out the WC the year after. 

Even the Copa America get's little to no interest in Europe. The pre-WC competition is just a money making joke that nobody needs given the ridiculously hectic European schedule. The in-between year of a WC and Euro's should be an off year. 

Don't buy the FIFA/ Fox/ ESPN hype. The rest of the World aren't arsed. 

Hail. 

You dont go on a 35 game unbeaten streak, and a 15 game winning streak, without having a deep desire to win every single game. I dont care what ESPN/Fox/FIFA says. I think its ludicrous to say that a group of professional players playing for their country dont care. They showed over the previous 35 games that they cared very much or they wouldnt have gone 35 unbeaten. 

Should Arsenal not care if it doesnt win the league cup? Its a trophy but its not nearly as important as winning the EPL or the Champions league.

So straight up, since they didnt really care according to you, do you think they didnt try? They werent trying to win that game let alone the confederations cup? Did you watch the game? They were definitely trying to score as hard as they could.

Spain doesnt care about a tournament like the Confederations cup but it does care enough to enter and win the Mediterranean Games? There were many years they chose to only send the amateur team, but in 2005 and 2009 they choose to. So it does seem like they did care about lesser tournaments.

I just cant wrap my mind around the thought of a team not caring, not trying to win, as you are saying.

I mean heck, this was the number 1 team in the world. People are acting like the only way we MIGHT have a chance is if all of the Argentina players, who are currently number 1, are smashed and cant play.

And yet we somehow beat Spain, who was trying to score as hard as they could, but they couldnt get through our D or Howard. Did you watch the Spain v US game? Because Im not sure how you could watch that and think Spain didnt care and wasnt trying as hard as they could to win that game. They had all of their starters out there as well.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I just cant wrap my mind around the thought of a team not caring, not trying to win, as you are saying.

Oh my dear boy. We need to sit down and have a talk about modern day footballers. We'll do it in stages and break you out of this idilic World you're in gently .....

In other news, don't say we didn't tell you:

Cld0VGxWQAQ80pR.jpg

Hail. 

More chance of MisterP persuading Appolo Creed to double up on Everton's fictional fan core than that happening! No interest from L'pool at all. 

CREEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!

I just almost peed my pants :lol:

Real talk, that's probably only a rumor for the reason that Fr stated earlier... Phil doesn't have an EU passport, so if PSG were to by Coutinho then they'd have to get rid of Lucas Moura.

Only makes sense he'd come as part of the package.

Clyne played against a team not interested in attacking at all, which freed him to go attack more. That's all. 

Clyne's a better fullback period.  (<-- both said and provided for emphasis).

• Like 1

Clyne's a better fullback PERIOD!  (<-- both said and provided for emphasis).

Bolded for added emphasis. 

SO hoping Poland dispense with this new, two holding midfielder defensive/ hit on the break tactic they've employed this tournament y'd bring back our new Pole later. Really am curious to see him in a live game. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

FourFourTweet @FourFourTweet 3m3 minutes ago

"Talk foolishly, receive comeuppance.” #ENGEngland.pngpic.twitter.com/lkj3tOBvJe

ClegrEdWIAIgVeE.jpg

This is for IX... "the best striker in England"

Bolded for added emphasis. 

SO hoping Poland dispense with this new, two holding midfielder defensive/ hit on the break tactic they've employed this tournament y'd bring back our new Pole later. Really am curious to see him in a live game. 

Hail. 

Yeah if I'm reading the tea leaves we're in on the following:

Mane (not Dahoud)

Zeilinski (not Dahoud)

Chillwell if LCFC act right about the price... if not then Hector

Not sure who after that.  I'd think one more center back.

30 - 40 million pounds is a bit ridiculous for Sadio Mane, but the money has to be spent I guess.

Real talk, that's probably only a rumor for the reason that Fr stated earlier... Phil doesn't have an EU passport, so if PSG were to by Coutinho then they'd have to get rid of Lucas Moura.

I don't think they'll buy Coutinho, Emery is already trying to bring in his cast (Krychowiak, Bacca), Lo Celso just being signed.

Qataris are harrassing Neymar (€190 mil transfer fee) ) to the point that Barca is thinking about filing a complaint to the UEFA for salary cap violation. Kind of funny since they faced a transfer ban for signing under 18 players.

• Like 1

Yeah if I'm reading the tea leaves we're in on the following:

Mane (not Dahoud)

Zeilinski (not Dahoud)

Chillwell if LCFC act right about the price... if not then Hector

Not sure who after that.  I'd think one more center back.

30 - 40 million pounds is a bit ridiculous for Sadio Mane, but the money has to be spent I guess.

Zielinski is done by all accounts. Be boxed off soon as Poland are out the Euro's. 

Dahoud would appear to be the main want but the price is pushing that out and we're prepared to wait a year. Which is risky if he takes another leap forward next season and everyone comes in. 

Still personally convinced Gotze will be in red next year. Might run 'till the end of the window like. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Zielinski is done by all accounts. Be boxed off soon as Poland are out the Euro's. 

Dahoud would appear to be the main want but the price is pushing that out and we're prepared to wait a year. Which is risky if he takes another leap forward next season and everyone comes in. 

Still personally convinced Gotze will be in red next year. Might run 'till the end of the window like. 

Hail. 

I just don't see Dahoud in the cards (one reason is because they already sold Xakha to Arsenal, and that's their entire pivot) but it could happen).

Zeilinski wants to play for Liverpool and wants to play for Klopp.  He's got a lot of raw talent.

You give me those three things and I'll support you.  Love kids like that.

Anything Liverpool @Anything_LFC 57s57 seconds ago

Clen-DlWYAABEkB.jpg

I don't think they'll buy Coutinho, Emery is already trying to bring in his cast (Krychowiak, Bacca), Lo Celso just being signed.

Qataris are harrassing Neymar (€190 mil transfer fee) ) to the point that Barca is thinking about filing a complaint to the UEFA for salary cap violation. Kind of funny since they faced a transfer ban for signing under 18 players.

That makes me happy.  LOVE Phil if it isn't obvious.  Yes he needs to be more consistent, but I think we're just getting our **** together over in Merseyside, so this will be the year that we make that step up (you see that Mr. P... it's our year!!!)

Neymar would be interesting to see play in Ligue 1... I actually think that style and pace suit him.  But I'm hoping PSG take a step down and that league becomes less one-sided in the near future.  I think they do and it does.  The continued failures in the champions league be for a shake-up for them.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Neymar would be interesting to see play in Ligue 1... I actually think that style and pace suit him.  But I'm hoping PSG take a step down and that league becomes less one-sided in the near future.  I think they do and it does.  The continued failures in the champions league be for a shake-up for them.

I wish Rybolovlev would be more interested in winning than making profit. Best rumor today is that a russian godzillionaire is interested in purchasing Marseille from Margarita.

According to Esporte UOL the evil empire is willing to pay the €190 mil transfer fee for Neymar including a €40 mil per season salary. He'll be sure to be the star in Paris and not live in the shadow of Messi and Suarez.

• Like 1

Oh my dear boy. We need to sit down and have a talk about modern day footballers. We'll do it in stages and break you out of this idilic World you're in gently .....

Hail. 

I guess I just feel like for a team to go unbeaten for 35 games, they dont have that mentality. They have the mentality of trying to win every game, especially for a trophy. You dont go 35 unbeaten, or 15 straight wins, if you dont play hard every game.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I wish Rybolovlev would be more interested in winning than making profit. Best rumor today is that a russian godzillionaire is interested in purchasing Marseille from Margarita.

According to Esporte UOL the evil empire is willing to pay the €190 mil transfer fee for Neymar including a €40 mil per season salary. He'll be sure to be the star in Paris and not live in the shadow of Messi and Suarez.

They're desperate to replace Ibra, too.

Not sure Cavani is that guy.  He might be the most overrated forward in the world.