Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Anyway, EVERYTHING today is secondary to the celebration of the little Welsh 'genius'. Lest we forget what today is ALL about ......

https://twitter.com/hashtag/JoeAllenAppreciationDay?src=hash

Hail. 

Milner really is bland isn't he?

Liverpool FCVerified account @LFC 1h1 hour ago

1f4ac.png Continuing the celebration of #JoeAllenAppreciationDay, here's what James Milner revealed about his nicknames! pic.twitter.com/VP8ExTzwM9

ClempnBXIAAeiFS.png

What the **** kid?  Hot cross?  Does he play his recorder every night or something?  :lol:

THE ANFIELD WRAPVerified account @TheAnfieldWrap 3h3 hours ago

CleWJLEUkAAhX6i.jpg

What the **** kid?  Hot cross?  Does he play his recorder every night or something?  :lol:

Those weird Brits and their weird things. 

These would be 'Hot Cross Buns':

Hot-Cross-Buns%20Hero-02d32166-4f37-43b8

Traditionally an Easter thing, although they now seem to be an all year round thing as anything that sells tends to be. A simple spiced, sweet bun filled with raisins that signifies different parts of the holiday. The cross on top the crucifixion etc. 

Don't ask. 

YES! Zielinski FINALLY starts for Poland. Sorry N. Ireland, but you're being sacked off to take a look at our new Pole!

Hail. 

*Edit* The brat and the hot cross buns beat me darn it! NOT a good thing to have happen! 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Traditionally an Easter thing, although they now seem to be an all year round thing as anything that sells tends to be. A simple spiced, sweet bun filled with raisins that signifies different parts of the holiday. The cross on top the crucifixion etc. 

Don't ask. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxm4bD8ulo

Edited by DC9

Something else from those weird and (not so) wonderful Brits. 

An English nursery rhyme:

Hot cross buns!

Hot cross buns!

One a penny, two a penny,

Hot cross buns!

If you have no daughters,

Give them to your sons.

One a penny two a penny,

Hot cross buns!

Again, don't ask. 

Hail. 

Don't ask. 

Those look DELISH.

• Like 1

Those look DELISH.

They actually are. Particularly the ones the Asda (which is in effect Walmart being as Walmart owns Asda) have started doing. 

Toffee, apple or cinnamon flavoured ones. The toffee ones ...... OMG! BIG ASS Homer J DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Tidy on the ball, but hard to see what his vision is all about with Ukraine sitting back and playing for the counter.

Poland have been terrible. I actually thought he was a CM from what I'd read/ watched. Didn't know he'd played wide. 

Yeah, a consistently tidy playmaker who keeps things ticking over is what he seem's to be. Not flash. Which would be a great compliment to Can given his work rate too I keep reading about. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Poland have been terrible. I actually thought he was a CM from what I'd read/ watched. Didn't know he'd played wide. 

Yeah, a consistently tidy playmaker who keeps things ticking over is what he seem's to be. Not flash. Which would be a great compliment to Can given his work rate too I keep reading about. 

Hail. 

He is more of a CM, but he's getting up today.

Probably playing him wide because he has pace.  National teams seem to do that, it's lazy but they don't have a ton of time together so I get it.

He settled more back toward the middle the last 15 or so.

He is more of a CM, but he's getting up today.

Probably playing him wide because he has pace.  National teams seem to do that, it's lazy but they don't have a ton of time together so I get it.

He settled more back toward the middle the last 15 or so.

Underwhelming is about the best I can say. Looked tidy in patches. But little of anything much. And his free kicks have been terrible. 

But then this is just one half of football so reading nottin' into it. Hopefully there's better the second half. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Or not as he's off. So switching over to the 'other' BIG. And more so Hector. Just because.  :P.

Tidy on the ball, but hard to see what his vision is all about with Ukraine sitting back and playing for the counter.

From a Polish friend (there's quite a few over here. Go figure? Lol) .....

Our entire right side was terrible since they all had to cover for the makeshift right back. Two people with zero pace against Konoplyanka who runs like a horse, ugh. At least we fixed that at half time by bringing Blaszczykowski who's more competent defensively.

God. Now Gotze is off for Germany. 

Not a good day to be looking at targets. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I mean, I want him for his defense... but has Hector taken a touch in the final third that hasn't ended up behind the goal and in the stands?

Put a brilliant ball across the face the goal that Gomez failed to connect with second half. He's solid going forward. I saw enough of that for Cologne. Trust in the better sounding one. 

Hail. 

Wow Morata.... The dud got treated like crap but goes back to Real.

Very much doubt he's at Madrid next season. 

They'll probably bring him back then flip him to the highest bidder for a decent profit. Chelsea seem the frontrunners. Which would suit me fine. Don't rate him much of anything at all. 

So Northern Ireland's loss guarantees Slovakia's progress. 

Another display like the one against England and someone might just offer even more for Skrtel with a bit of luck. 

Hail. 

Do you rate anyone not linked with Liverpool?

You're funnier when you're not trying to be flip. 

Exactly what is there in Morata to match the ridiculous hype? Nowhere near clinical. Has he even reached double figures in a league season? Not slow. But by no means difference making speed. Doesn't use his size well. Technically 'meh.'

Just don't see anything to go along with the hype and fees being talked about. 

I'd personally love it if Arsenal, Chelsea or City splashed silly money on him. 

For £50-60 million, you want a difference making goalscorer. He's FAR from that. 

Hail. 

You're funnier when you're not trying to be flip. 

I'd personally love it if Arsenal, Chelsea or City splashed silly money on him. 

Hail. 

I mentioned that to a friend earlier this week. I wasn't sure what people saw in Morata. 

Then he scored a goal. And I wanted Wenger to throw £100M on the table right then. 

There's a new term making it's way around the internets. I don't know if it's a thing. "I'd personally love it if Arsenal, Chelsea or City splashed silly money on him. " 

S.E.M.= Stupid English Money

347 beers on one tab in Lille !

He missed the Carlsberg down below and Grim Rouge is a girly "beer". 349?