Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@Long n Left

HOLA! Ki-Jana Hoever and his Jong Oranje compadres have a U17 World Cup semi on Thursday. 

I honestly thought they'd gone out after heavily losing the first two group games and never checked again after that. 

Brilliant to find out.  Here's to him following in Brewster's footsteps from 2 years ago and being a U17 World Champion next Sunday. 

Hail. 

Got home in time to watch the semi final, and see young KJ bang in the opener. Dutch completely dominated Paraguay, whistle to whistle. Some real talented youngsters there. 

I too was a bit puzzled at their first two matches, following their Euro win earlier this year. But, when I looked at the stats, it looked like classic Dutch football, dominating possession, and creating chances. Sometimes it just doesn’t go your way. 

The Jong Oranje get the young el Tri in the semis, and if they play as they did yesterday, I would expect them to have a solid chance at an amazing double. 

Watching Brazil hammer Italy now. They will be very tough at home.

Hup Holland!!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hup Holland!!!

Peps narky bollocks is filtering on down- 

Hail. 

Always thought Sterling was a petulant lil Diva at Liverpool. Hasn’t changed.

Proud of the way Southgate handled it quickly and decisively. Don’t seem captain material that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, Long n Left said:

Always thought Sterling was a petulant lil Diva at Liverpool. Hasn’t changed.

Proud of the way Southgate handled it quickly and decisively. Don’t seem captain material that.

Absolutely. 

Massive kudos to JMG for showing FAR more maturity than his older provocateur often hasn't in his controversy-laden career. Outstanding talent but he never has fully grown-up to his detriment.

The only downside was Joe being banded into it like it was a 2-way thing. Which was compounded by the flakey 'apology,' When it was all at the behest of a very sore loser. Something his manager is showing in abundance the more he struggles to cope with the superior competition. And it's seeping down to his players. We really are under their entitled skin.

Proud of you Joe for not reacting and maintaining the utmost dignity.

'Big (ger) Man' indeed. 

Talking Internationals- 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/liverpool-and-scotland-s-andy-robertson-fears-injuries-could-ruin-his-season-1-5044661

Personally, I’d happily rest both Andy and Mo as long as possible right now before it gets nuts in December.

We have some wiggle room after Sunday with a 9 point lead and even if, say, we drew at Palace and City won, we’d still hold a three-game lead over them. After that, there’s a lot of scope to manage his/ their game time well with the run of games there.

Thankfully it reads like he just needs rest and nothing more to right whatever the issue is so hopefully we afford him that now with the bigger picture in mind.

God speed Andy lad. Your long term health comes first.

And all the best to the Dutch in Belfast Saturday. Hope you wrap up qualification a game early mate. And first, Thursday in Brazil and reaching the U17 WC Final!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And all the best to the Dutch in Belfast Saturday. Hope you wrap up qualification a game early mate. And first, Thursday in Brazil and reaching the U17 WC Final!

Hail. 

Thanks mate!

Will be holed up in front of the TV tomorrow at 2:30 (here), as the wife is away on business, and winter has decided to poke his ugly little head in early. 41 high temp and rain is the forecast.

The U-17’s will have a tough go with the Mexican lads, but the Dutch youngsters seem to be growing into it now. Would be fun to see them get a shot at the Euro-WC double.

Senior side hopefully gets at least the needed draw Saturday, to get back where they belong...in the major competitions. Would be nice, so they can rest their first teamers (Gini and Virg especially) against Estonia Tuesday. Both those could use a good weeks rest.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Thanks mate!

Will be holed up in front of the TV tomorrow at 2:30 (here), as the wife is away on business, and winter has decided to poke his ugly little head in early. 41 high temp and rain is the forecast.

The U-17’s will have a tough go with the Mexican lads, but the Dutch youngsters seem to be growing into it now. Would be fun to see them get a shot at the Euro-WC double. .....

Nice! (Bar the weather. Which has been equally as ugly here of late.). 

Pity Hoever's suspended from the semi but I shall be watching and rooting for the Netherlands regardless for whatever that's worth. (7;30 PM in the evening here.). 

Hail. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So City have made a formal complaint about Michael Oliver Sunday. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Christ, could the spoilt, entitled brats get any more petulant when things don't go their own way? Talking of, after his disgraceful antics all game, Pep turning around after and 'claiming' he was genuinely applauding Oliver ..... To then follow up with this. Yer lying so-and-so yer! 

REALLY hope we draw them the CL knockouts. That would tip him over the edge. 😂

Hail. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

GO ORANJE!

Hail. 

Is there a ref on this planet worth a **** not named Michael Oliver? 

Completely controlling the match, missing opportunity after opportunity to finally take the late lead, only to have a horrid decision give Mexico the equalizer. **** me. **** this ref.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Is there a ref on this planet worth a **** not named Michael Oliver? 

Completely controlling the match, missing opportunity after opportunity to finally take the late lead, only to have a horrid decision give Mexico the equalizer. **** me. **** this ref.

Absolutely gutted for you and the Dutch mate. 

Totally dominated. Robbed blind. 

Deserved FAR better. 

Hail. 

So Engalnd fans boo the innocent victim Gomez. 

And people wonder why we say 'Scouse, NOT. English!'

F them! 

Excellent piece below from McNulty, who's a blue of all people, this morning on the BBC website in support of Joe. Even if, like £terlings admission after the game, and Southgate and the rest of the team supporting him after the game, it comes three days too late.

A young England player shouldn't be hung out to dry in front of some of the neanderthals that follow England before he gets the vindication for being the TOTALLY innocent party he should have gotten 3 days ago.  Maybe if you'd not allowed the scandalous narrative of this being a two-way 'confrontation' to foster for three days Gareth, with all the connotations therein, you wouldn't be needing to address this again?

Again, F THEM!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50424033

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Poch sacked, Mourinho getting ready to park his bus in London again.

I've got a couple of mates who are Spurs fans and they're in shock at the moment, lol, they absolutely hate the move. I told them, if (big if) they win a title, they'll love the guy and get his face tattooed on their arm or something.

Their responses were definitely NSFW.

Chuffed the Dutch cruised into Euro 2020 behind a Gini hat trick. Young lads Steng and Boadu acquitted themselves wonderfully on the world stage, Boadu netting in his debut cap for Netherlands. 

Break over for some time now, back to the grind. Hoping for quick recoveries by Mo and Robbo. 

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

I've got a couple of mates who are Spurs fans and they're in shock at the moment, lol, they absolutely hate the move. I told them, if (big if) they win a title, they'll love the guy and get his face tattooed on their arm or something.

Their responses were definitely NSFW.

The Spuds actually is setup to play Mourinho ball. They can park their big def mids behind the ball and punt long balls to Son and Moura.

Roland Duchatelet has finally ****ed off as the owner of Charlton Athletic (my local side in the Championship).

There are some parallels with Snyder and Duchatelet. Both have made bad decisions in regard to player acquisition, the appointment of coaches and staff, and generally running the clubs badly.

A few years ago, the fans at Charlton formed a protest group called the 'Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet' (CARD) and organised many protests in and around the stadium, even travelling to Duchatelet's home town in Belgium to protest outside his home.

It appears as if fan power has prevailed and the slimy piece of **** has finally sold the club. Happy days indeed.

Duchalelet.

Protest7.jpg.185ca425c8fb8e8bfed2306d4d24b9fd.jpg

Some of the organised protests.

Protest.jpg.bf80269ef3f82380a759cd4e7afc5679.jpgProtest2.jpg.ed039222ac12a19e35e909d392a7f276.jpg

Protest4.jpg.d2b5ba2b8353094216536e819557739b.jpg

My favourite, the infamous 'plastic pink pigs' protest.

Protest5.jpg.c8f5cbbeb78434cdac74bdc8c0bc0478.jpg

And the sign-written taxi that was driven to Belgium.

7ec192ca73e4f0c38beb60492f0e63.thumb.jpeg.d33d09c0fd350b8c4d44321641b7dee7.jpeg

Hitting him where it hurts.

Protest6.jpg.9873af969cda11cdccd76d5c747092a3.jpg

Fan power does work, the fans are the club. It can be done if you get organised. #SellTheTeam

Protest3.jpg

• Like 2

Not bad this football lark is it?

Play like dog **** in by far and away your worst performance of the season. Lose your goalie. (No arguments there. Either with the red or the quick free kick. They changed the rules before the season so that you don't even have to ask the ref now to take a quick free kick to maintain the attacking teams advantage. It's just madly not been adhered to.). But still, find a way to do what these historically relentless Reds always do 9 times out of 10. And find a way to win the game and move 4 games clear of City.

How utterly mad is that? We've reached 40 points (Side note- Is that us safe from relegation now already?) before City have reached 30! 11 points clear of them. In November! Still trying to get my head around that. If they're 'the best side the PL has ever seen', just WHAT does that make this gang of ridiculous Reds?

I could go on about the equalling the club record unbeaten run of 31 games. Or the unbeaten home league run now extending to 47 games and counting. Or this being the best start through 14 games of any Liverpool side in the clubs 127 years of existence. Or this being the most times in a PL season we've won by 2-1. And it not even being December. And on. And on.

But I'm still a hodgepodge of emotions on the bigger picture today. Continuing to stand up to the disgrace of the last 3 decades from this Country towards us and remembering those needlessly taken from us. Just like the Arsenal FA Cup game back in 2007, I have honestly NEVER been prouder in that ground than through the first 6 minutes today. And just like that early January Saturday evening, tears were openly shed between grown men singing for those who no longer can.

Jurgen's Liverpool are F mustard. Fast on their way to becoming the best side this Country has ever witnessed.

But Jurgen's Liverpool didn't matter today in the great scheme of things.

JFT96. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1