Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Russia? Maybe WE should've been one by a corrupt piece of **** and then WE would've won :rolleyes:

---------- Post added December-2nd-2010 at 11:39 AM ----------

What happened in the press, and who the **** are "Yobs"?

EDIT: That "Post added feature" is cool. Apaprently if you do two posts in a row it merges them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Birmingham-fans-do-their-best-to-keep-World-Cup-?urn=sow-290958

these are the idiots he/her was referrring to...

anyways +1 on loving this new feature that merges the posts.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2010 at 01:24 PM ----------

Hurray!! FIFA saves 99% of the US from being flooded with boring advertisement as well as both fans from being shot by neighbors for blowing the friggin Vuvuzela after a nil nil preliminary game

i believe those Vuvuzela has been banned by most confederations... probably by FIFA as well.. cant make the "hertiage" arguement with those in other countries.

Cant believe England gained ONE vote! (they had two overall but the other vote was themselves!). Someone in the England organisation made some horrible miscalculations and assumptions.

The media coverage in the last 24 hours over here was that Russia was out and whilst the Spanish/Portugese bid would make it close the win was almost in the bag. To get just one vote in the opening round is astounding.

I doubt if the violence at the game in England last night made a difference but Blatter in his speech mentioned his contempt for elements of the media and accusations of corruption - a very obvious indirect dig at the BBC that had run a TV documentary the day before the draw claiming corruption and fixed voting in previous World Cups. That went down well then!

While alcohol is not available in qatar right now, I heard that one of the stipulations for qatar getting the world cup was for them to allow alcohol

*edit* also, from a source on ESPN, apparently it's not that it is "available" in Qatar, but more friwned upon than anything. Apparently they only have oen brewing company in Qatar that distributes to the whole country. The ESPN guy stated that it is basically illegal to be drunk in public and have a drink in public, much like the US anyways.

Regardless though, it should all change for the world cup in 2022.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2010 at 02:17 PM ----------

The 2022 vote had to go into four rounds of voting. Australia (shockinly in my opinion) only gained a single vote. In the end, it came down to a Qatar v. US vote in round four, and Qatar won 14-8. Heres how the complete voting broke down:

2018 WORLD CUP

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes (as no absolute majority was reached, the candidate with least amount of votes, England, was eliminated)

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtained an absolute majority)

2022 WORLD CUP

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, Korea Republic 4 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 3 votes (Australia eliminated)

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Round 3: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Round 4: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

Edited by skinsngibbs4life

What a joke. Have fun FIFA when fans are subject to 110 degree heat and boring soccer games. Sorry, you better hope technology improves dramatically over the next decade because you cannot cool off 110 degree heat with today;s current systems in a massive stadium. That's 40 degrees from comfortable temperatures. Oh well, U.S.A. ain't crying. We'll just have to go for the 2020 Olympics and 2026 World Cup. 1994 USA and 1996 Atlanta killed us realistically.

At least let a real country beat us, not freakin' Qatar. What's there...sand...

No matter how bad Stern is, FIFA is by FAR the most corrupt organization in sports. It's almost laughable how corrupt they are.

Edited by Sticksboi05

but they are probably most hated footballing nation despite them having the great EPL.

well, keep in mind that after 1966 England over the 70's, 80's and ealy 90's was notorious for delivering horrifying levels of gang violence at games both in their normal league fixtures and whenever England played abroad. They were awarded the 1996 European championships which went well overall but made an incompetent bid in 2006 for a future World Cup and failed and seem to have been hugely over confident this time, simply expecting to win in the last days. Russia on the other hand made sure it did win.

Some English commentators are pointing out that FIFA are taking a 'new world' attitude to the tournament at the moment, hence breaking in to the Russian market and the quite unexpected Qatar success. From that point of view, a European bid was 'old world'. Countries like Australia will come back again as will the US and of course who is to say that one of the bigger African nations starts getting ideas, now that S Africa has had a tournament. England could have a very long wait ahead of it.

What a joke. Have fun FIFA when fans are subject to 110 degree heat and boring soccer games. Sorry, you better hope technology improves dramatically over the next decade because you cannot cool off 110 degree heat with today;s current systems in a massive stadium. That's 40 degrees from comfortable temperatures. Oh well, U.S.A. ain't crying. We'll just have to go for the 2020 Olympics and 2026 World Cup. 1994 USA and 1996 Atlanta killed us realistically.

At least let a real country beat us, not freakin' Qatar. What's there...sand...

No matter how bad Stern is, FIFA is by FAR the most corrupt organization in sports. It's almost laughable how corrupt they are.

Well at least in terms of playing conditions.. the extreme heat will be good for the USA. Extreme conditions always help out the underdogs since the "will" of a player will become a bigger factor than the actual talent.

It's going to be "great" when these air conditioned stadiums fail, which is bound to happen.

they supposedly have one or two stadium already built with this technology... they say it works thus its proven...

of course my only source on this information is from the Qatar's presentation.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2010 at 10:26 AM ----------

Someday I'd like to go to a World Cup game that is in reasonable proximity. Russia? Ehhhhhhh. Qatar? **** that ****.

I was really hoping that the US would win it in 2022 because I would have loved to have gone with my dad at least once.

Going to the World Cup at Qatar wouldn't be bad. Being that next 3 World Cups schedule are in Brazil (2014), Russia (2018), and Qatar (2022), I think I would want to go to one in Qatar. you will be in middle the action every single day for the entire tourneyment. I think the World Cups are better when held in smaller countries than larger one due to the atmosphere and the interaction of fans from different countries.

Now If I was still single... I would probably want to go to one in Brazil but thats my reasoning behind that doesn't have anything got to do with soccer.

Someday I'd like to go to a World Cup game that is in reasonable proximity. Russia? Ehhhhhhh. Qatar? **** that ****.

I'm actually thinking of attending the one in Russia. I visited Russia this past year (Moscow and St. Petersburg), and had a great time.