Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Had to check on my friend to make sure he was still alive after the shootout. He's good and beer is flying from what I could hear.lol

Man I hope they knock out Chelsea.

I think so, they play at home, have 3 players suspended while Chelsea has 4 (including 3 on the defense) + 1 injured.

Edited by FrFan

ANYONE that doesn't get soccer needed to watch that. Utterly compelling drama. Top class entertainment. How can you not be enthralled by top class sport like that at it's finest.

And a much better night than last night.

Bob Paisley's record remains intact as the only manager/ coach to win three European cups in the competitions 57 year history.

Bayern Munich get the chance to win a 5th and join Liverpool, Madrid and Milan as the only clubs to own a European Cup outright,

And hopefully Chelsea will lose two finals in three weeks to end the season nicely and make GHH a very happy man,

---------- Post added April-25th-2012 at 04:55 PM ----------

Bayern advance to play at home vs. Chelsea. The first team to have play in a Champions League Final in their home stadium since Inter Milan in '65.

Roma in '84. When Liverpool went into their backyard and spoilt the Roman party. :D

Which lead to some shocking violence with Lazio fans out on the streets of Rome defending us that night. All of which aided in building upto the tragedy in Belgium a year later. But that's another story.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Roma in '84. When Liverpool went into their backyard and spoilt the Roman party. :D

Which lead to some shocking violence with Lazio fans out on the streets of Rome defending us that night. All of which aided in building upto the tragedy in Belgium a year later. But that's another story.

Hail.

Thanks for the knowledge. I could have sworn I heard the announcers say during today's match that if Bayern won that they would be the first team to play in a CL Final since Inter in '65, but obviously they and I were wrong.

Thanks for the knowledge. I could have sworn I heard the announcers say during today's match that if Bayern won that they would be the first team to play in a CL Final since Inter in '65, but obviously they and I were wrong.

Never one to miss a shameless opportunity to plug a famous L'pool victory:

9 year old GHH's first European Cup final of 4 he's attended. Along with everything else over the years, I've been exceptionally lucky to of seen sights live only Utd fans can compare with that football club.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

No problem with the disciplinary scale in soccer.

Everyone knows the rules pre-competition, and the modern game has become more and more a squad game so Chelsea and Munich should be able to compensate. The frustrating thing is when players miss out through B/S officiating like the Bayern player that got carded for the penalty that never should of been at the start of last nights game.

Hail.

Not the best as a fan to be stuck out in the rain, but I used to love it raining when I played.

Aside from the ball zipping around much faster, you could get away with a heck of a lot more when you slid on someone and took them and the ball and the ref would allow for the conditions.

Of course today, I wouldn't be able to get away with those sort of challenges as they continue to try make soccer a non-contact sport.

Hail.

Talking about awesome goals ren, I don't think I've ever seen three better strikes to compose a hat-trick than Luis Suarez's at Norwich on Saturday. I've seen many a variation on a player scoring 3 or more goals in a game, but not better hits than these three. The third to complete the route is arguably the goal of the English season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZ5M8k11C4&feature=related

Hail.

for those that missed the game, please go check out DeRo's epic run in the 2nd half. GOTY candidate if he puts it in the back of the net. It was unreal!

Also, ren & boysetsfire sorry for rolling out so quick last night. My g/f is a wuss when it comes to the cold and rain!!

Rovers didn't even manage a shot! Such a dreadful season.

Keep the faith man. It looks bleak (and no offence but one corner and ZERO shots on or off target is an absolute disgrace in 90 minutes football); but this will go to the last day. And probably goal difference.

I'm hoping Villa drop, but yesterdays point might just save them.

Hail.