Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I can't cheer against an English team whoever it is - apart from Man Utd, you have to draw a line somewhere!

I expect Real Madrid to go through which would make things interesting .....

I think Bayern has a shot to win....the first 30 minutes are going to be great. I think Bayern tries to get a goal early, then go into a defensive shell.

I can't cheer against an English team whoever it is - apart from Man Utd, you have to draw a line somewhere!

I expect Real Madrid to go through which would make things interesting .....

Go ay Marty lid, has yer girl not taught yers ANYTHING?

<<< Scouse, NOT English!

And besides, any club is in Europe for themselves, not the Country/ League. And with the amount of money at stake in the Champions League now, the further each progress', the more to the detriment of every other club it is.

Not least to say retards from Woking, Watford and the like now get a weekend in Bavaria after a night on the tiles in Barcelona; which will be TOTALLY lost on them.

For the remainder of this Champions League season, GHH will strongly be rooting for Munich. (Or Madrid if they win later tonight.).

Hail.

Lost in all the Champions League excitement is the steady play of West Ham in the "Championship" in their attempts to get promoted back to the Premier League. West Ham had an unbeaten run of 11 matches in February-March; unfortunately only four of those matches were wins, the other seven were ties. This allowed them to be jumped by Reading, who has gone on to secure automatic promotion, and allowed Southampton to distance themselves. With one match to go, West Ham is two points behind Southampton needing a win against Hull City to leap into second and take the second automatic promotion. Unfortunately, Southampton also has one match left, and it's against Coventry, who is being relegated. The expectation is that West Ham will have to win their promotion via the playoff, where they should be favored, but still...

Go ay Marty lid, has yer girl not taught yers ANYTHING?

She gave up trying years ago :-)

<<< Scouse, NOT English!

And besides, any club is in Europe for themselves, not the Country/ League. And with the amount of money at stake in the Champions League now, the further each progress', the more to the detriment of every other club it is.

Not least to say retards from Woking, Watford and the like now get a weekend in Bavaria after a night on the tiles in Barcelona; which will be TOTALLY lost on them.

For the remainder of this Champions League season, GHH will strongly be rooting for Munich. (Or Madrid if they win later tonight.).

Hail.

I'm a Leeds United supporter but I root for any English team in Europe with the exception of Man Utd - mind you there are so many foreign players in the teams these days that's it's getting harder to identify with them as English teams. Given the current state of Leeds United other English clubs will be the only interest I have in European football for quite a while yet ......

My buddy from Germany is all fired up today for the Bayern Munich match. I'm glad his team made it through even if mine got knocked out months ago. I consider Munich like my German team anyway.

One of my best ever pre-game 'tailgates' i(n your parlance) was in Monaco back in 2001 before the Super Cup against Munich.

Every, and I mean EVERY coach that had traveled from Bavaria were all lined up with their luggage doors all open. And those spaces under every coach weren't filled with luggage. Oh no, the Bayern lads where doing this in style. Every space was rammed full with crate upon crate of ale. And as it would of been totally impolite to turn down the finest German beer, one HELL of an afternoon party was had with our new found German friends. :D

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

what time is the game today?

All CL games, save for the odd game in Russia with the time difference, are a standardized 7:45PM GMT KO. So 2:45 PM EST.

---------- Post added April-25th-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

ouch:yikes::movefast::thud:

Aren't you just glad I was dignified and polite on him? :cool:

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I'd like to give that horrible Judas lil' rat a 'dagger' somewhere if that helps .....

Hail.

The worst part of all, he left Liverpool to win trophies and Liverpool was not a big enough team (paraphrasing his words). Now he is in the Champion's League final after scoring the decisive goal. I hate this on so many levels. If Chelsea wins and Manchester United win the EPL, I don't think I can cope with it.

Edited by jobaga

The worst part of all, he left Liverpool to win trophies and Liverpool was not a big enough team (paraphrasing his words). Now he is in the Champion's League final after scoring the decisive goal. I hate this on so many levels. If Chelsea wins and Manchester United win the EPL, I don't think I can cope with it.

I'm not bothered about Chelsea but I'm with you on United. I'm pulling for City to beat them next week .......

Somehow in the Champions League final whilst he's playing a bit part on the bench. with his team as close to challenging for the league as the one he left that apparently 'isn't as big a club' as his present employers.

Hate's a horrible word. But I don't think I've EVER detested a player as much as him. The absolute B/S he came out with after leaving, and continues to do so, has just made his complete lack of form even more hilarious.

He could of been an all time legend at one of the biggest clubs in World football.

Instead, he's a reserve at a club with little more history than a Huddersfield Town that thinks upon itself as big thanks to Russian rubles.

Hail.

I'm not bothered about Chelsea but I'm with you on United. I'm pulling for City to beat them next week .......

I get that an Englishman would want an EPL team to win (GHH is clearly not English), but I'm American. I support the EPL (Liverpool specifically) but I don't like the way Chelsea built their team and I don't want Torres to be rewarded for his betrayal...

Somehow in the Champions League final whilst he's playing a bit part on the bench. with his team as close to challenging for the league as the one he left that apparently 'isn't as big a club' as his present employers.

Hate's a horrible word. But I don't think I've EVER detested a player as much as him. The absolute B/S he came out with after leaving, and continues to do so, has just made his complete lack of form even more hilarious.

He could of been an all time legend at one of the biggest clubs in World football.

Instead, he's a reserve at a club with little more history than a Huddersfield Town that thinks upon itself as big thanks to Russian rubles.

Hail.

GHH, tell em how you really feel :ols:

But don't worry, the winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern will toss Chelsea out. By the way, I have the DVR set for this match.

---------- Post added April-25th-2012 at 01:23 PM ----------

5pm according to direcTV but online I saw 2:45pm. Weird.

It says 2 p.m. on the Fox Soccer site.

Hail.

One of my life goals is to go to Anfield and watch a game (or the new stadium). From my TV, I would watch the KOP support him during his struggles. I saw a team bring in a playmaker to be slotted behind him to free him up. I saw how much all the team's loyalty and the fan's support meant to him as he handed in his transfer request on the last day of the window. That move essentially forced the team that gave him the opportunity to be a household name to scramble for a replacement (Big Andy). I have not given up on Andy, but if they had time Liverpool would have found a better replacement.

One of my life goals is to go to Anfield and watch a game (or the new stadium). From my TV, I would watch the KOP support him during his struggles. I saw a team bring in a playmaker to be slotted behind him to free him up. I saw how much all the team's loyalty and the fan's support meant to him as he handed in his transfer request on the last day of the window. That move essentially forced the team that gave him the opportunity to be a household name to scramble for a replacement (Big Andy). I have not given up on Andy, but if they had time Liverpool would have found a better replacement.

Yup. And what fantastic repayment we had in return.

The last year and a half, firstly under the man who showed the ultimate faith in him, Benitez, and then under Hodgson, was an absolute disgrace in itself from Torres. He was coasting through games, totally disinterested. Almost trying to engineer himself a move away. The crap he's spouted since has been beyond nausiating. (Sp?).

I shall leave it before I really go off on one on 'him' and get a ban.

Hail.