Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

41 minutes ago, techboy said:

No need to spare my feelings... If the banned group is the Boixos Nois, remember I warned you about them. 

And, truth be told, the one sour note in an otherwise amazing (if short) trip to Barcelona and Madrid was helping a Liverpool fan find his way back on the Metro. Apparently he got separated from the other Liverpool supporters and jumped by three "Barca fans", knocked down, and they took an expensive watch he's had for twenty years.

I told him that I don't get being that violent over a game, but I think for most the game is just an excuse to act like that. A good example is the Boixos Nois... fascists "supporting" the team that was a cultural touchpoint to Catalans oppressed by Franco.

It was the very same. 

I'll preface this by saying I'm usually extremely savvy and not this stupid, but anyway .....

Day of the game, and we're getting the metro up to the ground mid-afternoon. They put up signs saying L'pool fans go to a metro stop that escapes me. But our little group of 8 (1 girl) chose to get off at Les Corts, just down from the Nou Camp, as we've always previously done and had a few round there before going the ground. Baring in mind it's been 11 years since we were last in Barcelona. Which, like Munich earlier in the competition, had previously been one of those places you knew you were going to get no trouble and just a real friendly reception from everyone. 

Anyway, we stop literally just further down the road from the ground for a few drinks. The locals are great. Bar we've been in before. And then some of our lads decide to hang up a few flags. Which is like a red rag to a bull on the Continent and something we normally would be much more savvy about when we're in such a small number. Which went great for a time with the locals on their way home from work taking photies and loving it. Then out of the estate opposite, 10/15 lads appeared to have a look. All decked out in black. Then disappeared before 50 or 60 came steaming across. To which we naturally swiftly moved inside the bar, who's owner was great in standing his ground outside. Thankfully, what could have turned into a really serious incident (I was convinced the windows were going in and we're rounding things up inside to launch the other way), didn't end up as such as they only wanted the flags. Cutting them down, and taking a few jackets left on the chairs outside, and leaving us and the locals inside alone. An unusually naive move from ourselves that could have turned WAY nastier with a not very pleasant outcome for us. The locals in the bar were very apologetic saying they were known scum, banned, and no reflection of the genuine people of Barcelona.  (The flags turned up on their Instagram, upside down as is the foreign want, claiming a small victory, not long after. Along with a video that shows just how seriously outnumbered and organised they were.). 

Which then leads to leaving said bar, and Jamie Carragher stood on the corner in disgust telling us we should have 'slotted a few' and defended the flags ...... Seriously?! Aside from the fact I'm not risking serious injury outnumbered 5/6- 1 over a few flags (quickly cut down with knives lets not forget), you've just stood and witnessed all this and have the F nerve to lay into us whilst you stood there doing F all! All this comeing from someone in his position advocating football violence. To say we were fuming with the gob****e was an understatement. 

A something and nothing incident thankfully as I read that back that could have been way more serious. Particularly when you then research the Boixis Nois and just how seriously violent they are. We massively dodged one. But to have that ****house be disgusted with us ...... That P me off WAY more than the potential stupidity we'd put ourselves in. Carragher can now go F himself as far as I'm concerned. 

That and Messi aside it was a great trip. Highly recommend Reus for future reference just down the coast which we spent much of Thursday in before the flight home. A real quaint, real nice little town. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

10 hours ago, techboy said:

Are you a cardiologist looking to move to Barcelona and wanting to drum up some clients? Because if that happens after last year's Roma debacle...

Some 30 years ago lowly unknown french club Metz lost 2-4 at home vs Barca and managed to win 4-1 in Barcelona. Who knows ? :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

Some 30 years ago lowly unknown french club Metz lost 2-4 at home vs Barca and managed to win 4-1 in Barcelona. Who knows ? :)

WOW!

Was that the Cup Winners?

That must go down as one of the best ever turnarounds in UEFA competition history.

Hail.

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just seen that and again, it has to be said, your trolling game is terrible lid. 

Forget running with an Evertonians tweet. Using an isolated incident of one bellend roundly condemned by most everyone, not least the football club and it's supporters itself, is bad enough. Doing it the night after Tottenham and Ajax fans were battling all over London the previous evening ...... Not too clever

D5gubgHX4AAhkVK.jpg

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

WOW!

Was that the Cup Winners?

That must go down as one of the best ever turnarounds in UEFA competition history.

Hail.

Yes, it was Cup winners

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yanno, L'pool had never been beat the Nou Camp before Wednesday? 2 wins and a draw. 

Another day and that unbeaten record could well have extended to 4 as that was nottin like a 3-0 game. But that's football. Fair play to Barcelona. 

We'll try again Tuesday. If you think the Nou Camp's special in Europe .....

Hail. 

I’m saying in recent time Barca rarely loses at home.  They play with extreme pride there and find ways to win.  If the tie had stayed 1-0 I think Liverpool ore through. Even 2-0.  I just don’t see 3 goals without conceding 1.  With Salah out I really just don’t see it.  Reminds me of where Lewy got his arm jacked and missed the first leg against Real. They bossed both legs and with Lewy in the first leg the Bayern wins 3 or 4 to nil easily after a early goal. Instead they had to rally in Spain where the infamous red card against Vidal screwed Bayern in extra time. 

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Was in Baltimore getting drunk and saw the Kloppites win 3-2 against Newcastle

Would rather see them win title than Citeh plus you know I love Klopp from his Dortmund days

All in for KLOPP

As a neutral, any league title of theirs this season will be tainted. Lots of phantom calls keeping them in the race. It's to be expected of all major sports now. In a desire to prolong fan interest there more and more **** calls to keep a title race going, extend the series another game, extend the interest in the game (Saints and Rams PI no call). 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

As a neutral, any league title of theirs this season will be tainted. Lots of phantom calls keeping them in the race. It's to be expected of all major sports now. In a desire to prolong fan interest there more and more **** calls to keep a title race going, extend the series another game, extend the interest in the game (Saints and Rams PI no call). 

as long as it's not city winning another title who cares

8 hours ago, FrFan said:

Not saying it's not possible. Barca itself crashed out by losing 3-0 in Roma just last year, and of course gave up an away goal against PSG and STILL won 6-1 very recently as well.

I'm just pointing out that if it were to happen, especially given the aforementioned Roma result, there would be a lot of work for cardiologists in Barcelona, especially if Liverpool is missing Firmino and Salah, as reports seem to be indicating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

The accusation or I guess claim by that former EPL ref years ago that said they intentionally influence games for the wealthy clubs in England will always hover for me. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The accusation or I guess claim by that former EPL ref years ago that said they intentionally influence games for the wealthy clubs in England will always hover for me. 

Every fanbase of every team in every sport feels things are rigged against them. It's simple confirmation bias, where the missed calls etc. that go for one's team don't sink in, and the ones that go against stand out. It's how Barcelona fans are so furious at EUFA they whistle the Champions League anthem, and everyone else calls them "VAR"celona.

The only thing that makes me not blow this off completely is that there is so much money in world football, and there are so many actual documented examples of corruption in FIFA etc, that it wouldn't surprise me at all if a refereeing scandal actually broke.

Still, is there any actual evidence that refs are intentionally modifying the outcomes of games? Human error combined with confirmation bias is a powerful explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Which then leads to leaving said bar, and Jamie Carragher stood on the corner in disgust telling us we should have 'slotted a few' and defended the flags ...... Seriously?! Aside from the fact I'm not risking serious injury outnumbered 5/6- 1 over a few flags (quickly cut down with knives lets not forget), you've just stood and witnessed all this and have the F nerve to lay into us whilst you stood there doing F all! All this comeing from someone in his position advocating football violence. To say we were fuming with the gob****e was an understatement. 

Wow... what a story. I was wondering why you would respond so negatively to a club legend like Carragher, but i totally get it now. He needs to be called out for that publicly, somehow, if it's possible. I think it'd be stupid to get into a fight under any odds over a piece of cloth/ a game between millionaires, but in that situation it'd be insane. Glad you came out of it okay.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, techboy said:

Wow... what a story. I was wondering why you would respond so negatively to a club legend like Carragher, but i totally get it now. He needs to be called out for that publicly, somehow, if it's possible. I think it'd be stupid to get into a fight under any odds over a piece of cloth/ a game between millionaires, but in that situation it'd be insane. Glad you came out of it okay.

Thanks man. The ironic thing is if the Boixos Nois had really wanted it and trashed the bar and worse, Carragher would be the first on Sky condemning football violence. 

Utter gob****e. 

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Speaking of the Narrative League.

?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Super effort from Leicester. Just like Rafa Friday, Brendan kept the integrity of the league and played them really hard to the final whistle and made City really earn that. 

Iheanacho man. Fine, fine margins. 

See who holds their nerve Sunday now in this epic battle for the ages. 

Keep on saying it but it's a travesty for whoever finishes runner-up after both clubs ridiculous standards all year long. 

Hail. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Super effort from Leicester. Just like Rafa Friday, Brendan kept the integrity of the league and played them really hard to the final whistle and made City really earn that. 

Iheanacho man. Fine, fine margins. 

See who holds their nerve Sunday now in this epic battle for the ages. 

Keep on saying it but it's a travesty for whoever finishes runner-up after both clubs ridiculous standards all year long. 

Hail. 

The fact that Liverpool could finish the season with 1 loss and not win the league is amazing. It has been quite an impressive season for you all, goes back to why I was very unhappy about Klopp coming over from Dortmund. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, WelshSkinsFan said:

Well that was another wretched performance from United.  Over at the Redcafe they are getting ready to jump off tall buildings but on the bright side we don't have to go into next week at home to Cardiff clinging to some delusion of hope for a top 4 finish.

In reality missing top 4 might be a blessing in the long run.  The big name players linked with the club will not be coming for Europa League and a bunch of the overpaid deadwood will want out too.  The team needs a tear it down to the studs rebuild focused on young, emerging and ambitious players and this result is going to force them to do just that.  Pogba, whether you rate him or not, is of more use as a sellable asset than as part of the squad and DeGea and Lukaku should be moved on too.  If only we had a football man to identify our new signings but sadly final authority will still rest with investment banker, Ed Woodward, who will continue to play Championship Manager as a way of assembling his squad.

Youre flattering Ed Woodward if you think he can play FM. What he’s been instructed to do is sign a handful of big names to maintain the brand’s relevancy. That’s why Ander Herrera is being tossed aside because he doesn’t move the needle so he’s not worth the salary he’s rightfully asking for, and even more tragic is that you could look at him on the pitch and tell he was distraught. I’m with you 100% on the type of signings we need, but I’ll believe rumored signings such as Joao Felix when I see them. The Sancho rumors died with our form, and Bruno Fernandes is going to City.

No coincidence everything collapsed when Ole was made permanent imo. You had Martial signing a new deal and now he seems to be on his way out too. I think the owners saw Ole was moving the needle and took the opportunity to pay a lower manager salary than some of the others on their radar at the time. 

Edited by Berggy9598

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-makes-rhian-brewster-16234168

Can’t begin to know what emotions must be going through that young mans head right now.

19-years-old. Never played so much of a second of senior football. Been working his ____ off the past 14 months to get back after a horrific injury. And he’s now on the verge of making his debut, in some description, on the biggest stage of all.

WOW! Boys own stuff and then some.

If you get on at some point tonight mate, savour it. These nights are super special and chances to get to the biggest game in football don’t come around every year. Go out with the confidence and no fear of youth and show what you’ve shown your rapid progression through the youth ranks. 

Proud of you Rhian. And I have every faith you’ll let nobody down. But most importantly, have fun. Thats what its ALL about.

Hail.

• Like 2

Man, I thought Brendan was going to do it.

Games like yesterday have me convinced that God hates Liverpool.

It's going to feel so good when we win the title, but it's going to be hard as ****.  I'm enjoying this journey and I'm proud of this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1