Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

VERY pertinent piece on the depths Everton slumped to Sat'day: 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/evertons-derby-day-****housery-the-blues-broke-the-line-between-courage-and-cowardice-yet-again/

There is simply NO better way to start the working week then going in after you've just wallopped the blues. (AGAIN!)

I do believe this big ass **** eating grin will be on my face around here for quite some time. :D .

This has been an excellent Monday.

And a nice stat to add to the good mood to show why one team is going in one direction and the other, well, the other: 

Goals against the top seven this season:

Sadio Mane: 6 
Manchester United: 5

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

VERY pertinent piece on the depths Everton slumped to Sat'day: 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/evertons-derby-day-****housery-the-blues-broke-the-line-between-courage-and-cowardice-yet-again/

There is simply NO better way to start the working week then going in after you've just wallopped the blues. (AGAIN!)

I do believe this big ass **** eating grin will be on my face around here for quite some time. :D .

This has been an excellent Monday.

And a nice stat to add to the good mood to show why one team is going in one direction and the other, well, the other: 

Goals against the top seven this season:

Sadio Mane: 6 
Manchester United: 5

Hail. 

Well, to be fair, Everton sucks so goals against us shouldnt count.. :|

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Well, to be fair, Everton sucks so goals against us shouldnt count.. :|

If you go win at Utd tomorrow you will hear the laughter from over here, over there! 

Please. Seriously. Make sure you hear the laughter! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Liverpool worried Sadio Mane could be out for the season with knee problem

Next man up! 

Time for big Div to step back up and grab his chance. Hopefully his goal Sat'day and overall FAR better all round performance will of boosted his confidence and restored his belief in himself. 

And personally speaking, I wouldn't mind at all if Woodburn, Wilson or even Trent, pushed higher up the field, got serious minutes between now and the end of the season. They've all (Wilson and no PL outings as yet aside) shown they fit and belong at this level. No worries at all if the youngsters are called upon.

Hail. 

• Like 1

What an absolute ****house Mourino is. 

You don't humiliate International players like that post match. Shaws confidence must be at rock bottom. One would think he'd learned about throwing players under the bus and losing the whole dressing room after his second go-around at Chelsea but seemingly not 

Completely dick move that. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

Tough one tonight against a counter attacking side with pace.

Karius isn't there to spill the three points but neither is Mane there to score goals.  We're going to need a HUGE effort tonight on a short week.  Thankfully it's at home.

Love that big Div stepped up in the press, now do it on the pitch youngin.  Light work load the next couple for me so I should get to watch a few of these, though this one won't kick till after 10pm my time.  Oy.

Come on Redmen!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

21 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

eh, it's a money grab tbh

I'll look into it.  Based on the initials I'm not paying much less than that for juniors current academy club.  Loudoun is a bit of a drive but it's also the family home in VA so we'll see.

Thank you for sharing, Corcaigh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

I'll look into it.  Based on the initials I'm not paying much less than that for juniors current academy club.  Loudoun is a bit of a drive but it's also the family home in VA so we'll see.

Thank you for sharing, Corcaigh.

With Barjuan being there, the tryouts themselves should be a good experience for the kid, if nothing else.

And as for cost, most travel soccer coaching here is run as a for profit business. Some provide value, some doesn't. Of course Evergreen Sportsplex isn't running a charity, but Barcelona is interested in the talent pipeline, while covering costs, of course.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dchogs said:

the reds have shot themselves in the foot when playing a bottom half team?  shocker.

Kloppo got a few things completely wrong tonight. Taking the result and trying to shut up shop was one. COMPLETELY out of character made even more surprising as they'd upped the tempo second half and were all over a ****e Bournemouth outfit. Changing formation and trying to close it down messed all that up and the rhythm completely went out our play. And not making more changes when everyone looked absolutely goosed from the physical and mental exertions of everything the Derby entails was another. Firmino in particular looked well leggy and fatigued. 

All that said, you can't account for the absolutely abysmal defending on the only two real attacks Bournemouth had. WTF Wijnaldum was doing the backpass the first Hell only knows. And then the only time they remotely got near our box second half, you get more self-inflicted F-ups. Getting beat on the second ball from a throw-in is totally unacceptable. ****ers can't defend properly when we play our normal game. ****ers can't defend properly when we try to shut it down. Managers on a no winner. 

Pretty ****e game all around that had the feel of a testimonial until we stepped it up second half. Klaven was especially ****e. For a third choice centre half he's had to play WAY too many games this season. And has gotten steadily worse the longer it's gone on. Thought Orig was boss. Clear MOTM for me. Great touches. Ran his heart out. Held it up well and always looked a threat. Another goal too to continue his growing confidence. (Great feet and ball from Gini to atone.). Phil is back to being good Phil again. But the rest were just not at it. Made even more galling and frustrating as this is a poor Bournemouth side we've dominated the majority of both games this year and only ended up with one frigging point. 

Talking of Bournemouth, Ibe's still utter wank. That lad has completely and utterly fallen off a cliff. And looks to be still falling with no end in sight. Complete waste of natural God given talent in a career just stopped the past few years. 

Oh yeah. Rodgers was right. Lee Mason's still a gob****e bellend. 

Pretty ****e and frustrating night all round. Least Stoke and West Brom the next two are on their holidays already so there is that.

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, Corcaigh said:

With Barjuan being there, the tryouts themselves should be a good experience for the kid, if nothing else.

And as for cost, most travel soccer coaching here is run as a for profit business. Some provide value, some doesn't. Of course Evergreen Sportsplex isn't running a charity, but Barcelona is interested in the talent pipeline, while covering costs, of course.

Yeah, I told the wife to bring him up there for just the try out.  If he makes it and she doesn't have a warm and fuzzy I see look dude dead in the eye and say "If you were Liverpool we'd participate," and then walk off.

He's now the starting U7 and U9 keeper for the academy we have him in now (well, he rotates every other game with the other U9 keeper.  Initially he was only supposed to get one out of three and he has the clean sheet while the other kid let in two in the first game).  He's 6.  I'm sure he would make that.  All the lazy rich Loudoun kids have nothing for the fruit of my loins.

Real talk, ultimately it's going to be up to him if he wants to go and try.  I can say confidently after talking to my wife she isn't for the drive.

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Perspective. 

Hail. 

Absolutely beautiful!

You sat in the Anny road end for Bournemouth?  I thought you never left the Kop?

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Smart Alec. I would of been somewhere under the middle the 9 holding up a yellow.

Hail. 

My stream was 50/50.  It literally buffered for both our goals but I could hear the crowd roar and it was amazing.

Then when Klavan went to hit the header in stoppage it froze.  I was positive that it went in.  Ugh. 

At least City dropped points and the boys ran their asses of last night.  And Kloppo learned a lesson or two, as well.

No sweat.  Big one this weekend.  Not a fun place to play.

• Like 2