Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

16 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

.....  As for the darlings of the media and the FA somehow being targeted by those very same entities?  Literally hilarious. I can't even really address it because it's so absurd. .....

I can't decide whether he's a comedy genius or really is that paranoid and delusional?

Hail. 

• Like 1

:rofl89::rofl89:

YhLo-DY5_bigger.jpgJamie CarragherVerified account @Carra23 2h2 hours agoMore

Jamie Carragher Retweeted paul joyce
I knew putting the Everton training kit on & going to the training ground to have a word with him would be worth it!

Jamie Carragher added,
paul joyce @_pauljoyce
Romelu Lukaku has told Everton he will not sign a new contract.

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hopefully we end up keeping him as he has shown his worth over the years and keeps getting better, I would prefer to keep him. However if he does move we are going to get stupid ****ing money for him.

And Pulisic scores another goal today for Dortmund. If he and Dembele are on the same page they will be super dangerous for years to come.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

And Pulisic scores another goal today for Dortmund. If he and Dembele are on the same page they will be super dangerous for years to come.

If they both keep progressing like this they won't be in Dortmund much longer than next season at most. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If they both keep progressing like this they won't be in Dortmund much longer than next season at most. 

Hail. 

Sure, I hope they stick around though. If Dortmund hangs onto them they will be a very dangerous duo and it will be good for Pulisic to keep developing.

Apparently, LFC are 125 years old today. Special crest on the shirt next year and all kinds to celebrate. 

Happy Birthday Us! If the next 125 years are even half as successful it'll be quite the fun ride. 

Unconfirmed reports they'll be another celebration tomorrow to mark the first bitterness appearing across the park. :P.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Liverpool teen Ben Woodburn is in Wales squad - BBC Sport

If he plays, massive loss for England. 

Another Giggs scenario between them and Wales. Completely different type of player as he doesn't have the same speed and I'm not sure what Ben's best position is being he's excelled in so many. But at this current age we're talking in the same bracket as the Giggs, McManaman's and Owens coming through. Special talents that you just know are natural born footballers destined for the very top as soon as you see them play. 

In young Ben and his compadre Harry Wilson, who is an out and out winger, Wales (and more pertinently L'pool from a personal POV) have two terrific young talents on their hands.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

So, egg on my face a bit.  Coming here to eat my words.  I predicted Man city would advance...and someone (can't remember who) correctly had monaco. So, whoever you are, you were right and I was wrong!  

Was a good, exciting game.  This first round has produced some really good games, hoping for much of the same in the quarters.  Watching all this European footie and chelsea not participating really doesn't feel good.  Hate the opportunity on missing out testing skills against the other best teams around Europe.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

So, egg on my face a bit.  Coming here to eat my words.  I predicted Man city would advance...and someone (can't remember who) correctly had monaco. So, whoever you are, you were right and I was wrong! 

Monaco loves premier league clubs: ManU (97/98), Chelsea (2003-04), Arsenal (2014-15), this year Tottenham and ManC. Jardim is amazing because year in year out his boss is selling the best players, nevertheless Monaco doesn't lose any steam !

They lost Berbatov (retired), Ferreira-Carrasco (Atletico Madrid), Kondogbia (Inter), Kurzawa (evil empire), Falcao (Chelsea), Martial (ManU), Abdenour (Valencia)

Next year they will probably sell Silva to ManU (€80 mil), Mbappé, and Falcao again !

• Like 3

Just know, FrFan, that until we differ on opinion again and I come out victorious, I will hold a grudge against you. :chair:

At least I think that's how this message board stuff is supposed to go.  

You're right though, Monaco has an absolute wealth of talent every year.  Jardim has done a wonderful job with that side.  Just look at the french table (I don't watch french football so my analysis may be off)...but they are top of the table and have scored 84 (!) goals.  The next closest side has 59.  I know it's hard to compare leagues, but Liverpool leads PL with 60 GF, Bayern Munich leads with 60 in the bundesliga, Barcelona with 77 in la liga, and Napoli with 65 in italy.  Pretty crazy stuff

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 2:50 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Brewster is becoming less of a well-kept secret the more he tears it up for the 23's. Has he even turned 17 yet?

The talent at every level coming through is frightening. All testament to the major changes we've made at the academy level the last couple of years since Klopps arrived. Not least the cutbacks to a 'quality over quantity' approach. 

If the ultimate goal is first team footballers, then L'pool's academy is well arguably the best in the Country right now given the amount to of appeared at that level the past few years. And the improved facility can only enhance that. 

Hail. 

No I think he's still 16.  The academy has some nice talent in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Just know, FrFan, that until we differ on opinion again and I come out victorious, I will hold a grudge against you. :chair:

If Chelsea beat Monaco next time they meet, I'll claim Monaco is a principality and has nothing to do with France :silly:

According to Corriere dello Sport Barcelona is targeting Jardim

• Like 2

The absolute bollocks Mourinho came out with yet again post match last night is why he's so disliked and in turn the same for whatever club he manages at the time. Chelsea fans who adored him now seeing what an absolute gnarly prick he is now he's not at their club tells it all. 

All Uniteds enemies indeed. You just won the tie and progressed. Talk about that instead of all the other garbage. 

Hail.

• Like 1

Kloppo knows

“There was not a second team in Germany. We (Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund) tried to be it as hard as possible but for different reasons it was not possible.

It is a big difference coming here, the most difficult league in the world.

A lot of teams have a lot of money and a lot of teams have a lot of good players and that is the one thing which makes it really difficult to become champions in England."

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/jurgen-klopp-guardiola-man-city-difficult-team-play/

Hail.