Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On 05/02/2017 at 6:23 PM, Morrison J said:

Your PM box is full mate and I don't know if you've been in the stadium the past few days or not but the mock is up and running for another year: 2017 ES GM's Mock Draft- WE GO AGAIN! - The Stadium - Extremeskins

Let me know if you want to participate/ want to stick with the Jets. 

Ta. 

Hail. 

Football is such a cruel game. 

Southampton deserved far more. Terrible officiating and some Swedish fella the ultimate difference.  Gabbiadini should of had a hatty. Lingaard should of walked. Post hit. But Utd dug in and game through it. Pogba absolutely anonymous in a big game again. 

Great final. Very lucky Utd but that's footie. You don't often get what you deserve. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

*Sings 'Every other Saturdays me half day off and it's off to the match I go .....'

Or Monday. As is the case today thanks oh so much to Sky. Could of done without Leicester binning Ranieri (how many times have we suffered from that over the years and a club galvanising?), but this is a shambolic Leicester outfit in a no mans land between managers. And this is a L'pool side fully refreshed and prepared coming off a 16 day mini-winter break. Full of confidence after giving Tottenham their biggest lesson for a good few years last time out. And most pertinently, the bands back together again and firing on all cylinders: 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1105581&stc=

8 PL starts together for that quartet. 26 L'pool goals scored. Boy how we've missed them through injury and the AFCON. #differencemakers

16 days has been too long without these Reds who finally returned win all their glory last time out. Respect Leicester and work as hard, this should be a comfortable trip down the M6 and back upto third by the final whistle. 

Up the Fox Hunting Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well that's a blow the Captain being out for what, the third spell this season? I'll completely hold my hand up on Hendo. Been real critical in the past but he's adapted to his new role brilliantly this term and is integral to the way this team plays. You REALLY notice his absence when he's not out there. Presume Can will come in. He needs to REALLY step it up. Fella' owes us one! 

Brings home again the terrible run of injuries this year. Not just the 4 or 5 key players that have been missing but what would be key depth. Grujic would doubtless of been right in that mix. But he only returned to training Friday so he's a good way away. 

That's been the key difference between Chelsea being where they are and being right back in the pack of the next 4 or 5 teams. A freakishly lucky run of no key injuries compared to the rest. Same as Leicester last year. 

First 20 you'd imagine will be key tonight. They'll surely come out giving everything after they got what they wanted and Ranieri sacked. (Or at least the perception is such hanging over that group.). Nullify that and hit them with a fast start of our own to remind them that they are ****e. Currently raining but not lashing it down.

Mighty Reds. Uo the 'Pool! 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

As poor as Liverpool seems to play against basically anyone outside of the top 6, they could still end up winning this with a flurry of goals.

Fascinating team. Interesting is Bayern has had its troubles against lower teams but beats the top ones. It struggled in its bundesliga game right before Arsenal. Strange indeed.

5 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I question the LC players though. It almost looks like they got him fired the way they played today.

i dont know, I have a hard time professionals would be okay losing, and possibly being relegated, just to get a guy fired. Big loss of prestige and money.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I question the LC players though. It almost looks like they got him fired the way they played today.

Plus, Liverpool just recently lost 2-0 to Hull and 2-1 to Wolves. So its not like its abnormal for teams low on the table to beat them.

Same was said about Chelsea when mourinho was fired.  youve got to do a lot more to convince me the players sabotaged ranieri than just win a game, but if they turn their season around I think there's something to it.  The longer this season goes on the more I believe players played a huge part in mourinho parting ways.  

• Like 1

Interestingly. a good number of Leicester lads we spoke to beforehand last night are behind the change of manager. Ranieri could just no longer get that response we saw from Leicester out of them. They (those fans) love Claudio and he'll always be a Leicester legend in their eyes, but in their words he's (paraphrasing) 'taken his eye off the ball, gone away from everything that worked last year, and had lost a lot of the players. If no change had been made we'd be down the Championship.' 

No particular horse in this race and I still don't like the way Leicester went around it. The timing with Seville still at play was shockingly bad for me. But taking sentimentality out of it, I can see the other side. 

But I want Leicester to drop regardless. Not for their handling of the whole Ranieri situation. But for yet another set of absolutely imbosilic (new word?) 'fans' who rolled out the tawdry Manc Gerrard ****e again last night. (52 minutes in if anyone was in the sweep.). Singing about something that happened 3 seasons back, that has absolutely NO relevance to your club. You would say that's lower league behaviour but it's just pure wool behaviour. Why do lads got the football and make complete frigging knobheads of themselves?

It's bad enough being a group of home fans who need to have the club hand out those frigging ridiculous clacker things to make an atmosphere. But to then follow like sheep of every other small minded set of supporters and hark back to something that has absolutely no relevance to you ..... Embarrassing isn't the word. 

Talking of, the less said on L'pool''s absolutely shambolic, passionless showing, that tops anything under Klopp for absolutely base nothing in every respect, the better. But I'll write something later when I've more time. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But for yet another set of absolutely imbosilic (new word?) 'fans' who rolled out the tawdry Manc Gerrard ****e again last night. (52 minutes in if anyone was in the sweep.). Singing about something that happened 3 seasons back, that has absolutely NO relevance to your club. You would say that's lower league behaviour but it's just pure wool behaviour. Why do lads got the football and make complete frigging knobheads of themselves?

Yeah I really dont get that. I understand doing that if you were the team that it happened against or something, or you were the team that won the league, or perhaps if you were Evertonian. :)

But doesnt really make any sense otherwise. Does Leicester have any sort of negative relationship with Liverpool to make them want to try to find something to rib LFC on?

• Like 1