Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of De Gea, either. Wait, GHH,  didn't you say Mignolet should have been Beligium's #1?

Nope. I said some (misguided) Belgium friends rate him higher potential wise than Coutois. And these are very savvy, long standing football watchers. I know, I can't explain or defend them either. :lol:

Sorry Mario's first bit of controversy is here. (Or doubtless will be when the Nationals get hold of it.).

After yesterday's game, he tweeted 'Man Utd ..... LOL', (yeah, he's a red alright :lol:); to which he's been inundated with some vile racist abuse from Utd fans. (They've deleted their accounts but will still be prosecuted and could face prison time as per the Police dude on the news just now.).

Seriously, what is wrong with people today?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Don't agree with De Gea. He's no different from Mingolet for me. Good shop stopper but VERY suspect at everything else. He's improved a lot but is still a big liability at the back.

nah, this is all wrong im afraid.

De Gea is the best in the world with the ball at his feet and is really good in the air now. Dude is a top class keeper. Dont compare him to the bum in between the sticks at Anfield.

You're right.

It's unfair to slander Mignolet with De Gea.

Hail.

you genuinely dont believe that.

Mingnolet is a dodgy bum who even Liverpool fan's blind hysterical fanbase, and RAWK nation are calling out. Bad buy. De Gea is about to be Spain's #1 for the next 10 years, and he is also 3 years younger than Mignolet.

I find it interesting how Sczcesny jointly won the PL Golden Glove last season yet no one gives him any credit.

Golden Gloves doesnt mean much

The credit should be to Arsenal's defense. It was actually really good last year even with the thrashings we received against the Top 3.

Ches is okay, but not elite. Never will be due to his terrible kicking.

Also this:

Howard has now conceded more goals (12) than he has made saves (eight) so far this season

The man is washed.

Yeah, such boorish behavior from parents/grand parents need to stop. 

Especially abused directed at refs—at worst, it teaches kids that they're losing because of something outside their control.

No doubt, you could tell that the parents and team all shared the same poor sportsmanship. That crap is contagious. Apparently the woman who was kicked out was screaming at the ref and then told him that "he sucked", after he turned around from kicking her out she apparently flipped him off.

A real charmer that one.

From the start of the game though we could easily see that their team was not afraid to commit fouls, toward the end before the flurry of yellows it was getting too aggressive.

No doubt, you could tell that the parents and team all shared the same poor sportsmanship. That crap is contagious. Apparently the woman who was kicked out was screaming at the ref and then told him that "he sucked", after he turned around from kicking her out she apparently flipped him off.

A real charmer that one.

From the start of the game though we could easily see that their team was not afraid to commit fouls, toward the end before the flurry of yellows it was getting too aggressive.

Ugh. My own manager played it full retard last night. He started arguing with the refs that the goalkeeper was punting it outside of the penalty area. It's such a petty point for a U12 game (that we ended up winning 5-0, so the game wasn't in the balance). He wasn't right anyway because the GK was releasing it before he went over the line. Even if he was, so what? He was even going as far as taking photos of it (of an 11YO GK). 

Now I have to go have a chat with him. The ref told me to go talk to him. After the game parents from the other team were coming up to me complaining about him. Just embarrassing. 

MAJOR step forward on the ground improvement front with the main stand redevelopment all but approved by the Council: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171192-stadium-expansion-takes-step-forward

And a WAY stronger team than I expected for tonight's Lge Cup game. Kudos Brendan in respecting both the competition and paying fans. This makes me happy. MASSIVE night for young Jordan Rossiter who has had the 'next Steven Gerrard' tag for a few years now. Debut at Anfield at 17. Relish it young man. Hopefully the firs of MANY great nights for you in red.

Starting XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Sakho, Enrique; Lucas, Rossiter, Lallana; Sterling, Markovic, Lambert.

Substitutes:  Jones, Skrtel, Moreno, Williams, Suso, Borini, Balotelli

Lambert captain too which is a fantastic man management ploy. What a boost to the local lad and L'pool fanatic finally making his full Anfield debut.

That team just shows the improved strength in depth of the squad that was debated here recently.

Weird having to go to work with a game on but such is life. I'll see the first half but any updates on the second would be greatly appreciated, Have Thursday off though so I get to see the Giants game in full at least.

Up the Pool! Mighty Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

ByPWI_UIIAACa1c.jpg

I know a few lads that regularly watch the kids and reasi's and say the hype is MORE than justified. Brilliant passing range and hard as nails Scouser.

But then it always is with top talent local kids. And he's a mad red too.

Here's hoping he does indeed follow in Stevies footsteps.

Hail.

Yeah, you can tell what it means to him in these pics.  Awesome.  Can't wait to watch it when I get home!

• Like 1