Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

THATS what you took from the video?  :)

I see a lot of weird things out of videos.  Just ask Young Chew in the Owned Thread.  It was pretty low quality (though most video presentations from the club are) and the build up was cringe-worthy.  I think the fella is a life long fan, so at least there's that.

This aired on the BBC last Friday night as a tribute to the greatest football pundit of them all who brought the curtain down on his small screen career after 22 memorable years at Sundays World Cup Final. 

And prior to that he was one of the games all time great defenders. An absolute living LEGEND in everything he does. And one of the most humble guys going despite all his success in whatever he touches. I met his wife in the aftermath of Hillsborough when Kenny and Marina, along with most all the players and their wifes/ girlfriends, threw the clubs doors open and became a remarkable 'counselling service' for want of a better expression to a City's grief. The unique bond between my club and my City. And she is just as humble and caring as her husband. 

We've shared the highest of highs and the lowest of lows Jockey and I, and this is a fascinating personal look at the life and career of the very BEST of the BEST.

Seriously, Liverpool fan or just a plain lover of football, if you have a spare hour this is MORE than worth the watch:

"Eyes are blue; Six Foot Two; Alan Hansen's after you; Na Na NaNa Na Na,Na Na .....'

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It's a frigging year long loan. SMH.

I swear that **** Ayre only want to Sevilla on a wine and tapas bender at our expense.

Hail.

Sevilla are broke.  I thought that he would show up and hard ball them.  What right have I to think, though?

Sighh......

• Like 1

Here is how that works:

POLL:

Q -What is your favorite non-US soccer team

A - Oh, Manchester United?  I've heard of them.  (checks box)

But everyone wants a London side. :rolleyes:

DC I resent that jab....LOL

Latest rumor J. Rodriguez to Real for €80 millions + Casimero (don't ask me who is he).

Shall I see a conflict comin' up with CR7 ?

So they can afford Bale, Ronaldo and Rodriguez? I don't think CR7 will welcome Rodriguez right now.

Real will offload Di Maria in order to help fund the James Rodriguez move if, indeed, it does end up happening.

It makes sense considering Real was playing Di Maria in central midfield for most of the second half of the season. Not exactly the best place for him but a necessity because of Ronaldo and Bale. So you move Di Maria out of central midfield and replace him with James, who is the hottest midfielder in the world right now.

So they can afford Bale, Ronaldo and Rodriguez? I don't think CR7 will welcome Rodriguez right now.

It is believed that they're going to sell Di Maria to ManU for €60 millions eventhough he wants to play for PSG. They're also interested in Falcao, who won't be traded under €60 millions.

They've got an abyssmal €500+ millions deficit. That's ok with the assclown Platini's financial fairplay, and on top of that you have the former king of Spain who was always influencing the banks to loan millions to Real. They spent €1 billion on transfer fees over a 10 years span !

If they pull the trigger on Falcao, bye bye KB !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

NYT: A Qatari Soccer Program Looking to Rise Buys a Foothold in Europe

On that day, a group of about 20 men toured the 8,000-seat stadium, examining its sparse amenities and looking out at the drab surrounding areas. They then moved on to K.A.S. Eupen’s small offices, where a candid acquisition meeting between club officials and executives from Qatar’s Aspire Academy, based in Doha some 3,000 miles away, began promptly at 10 a.m.

Even those in the room would later describe this meeting between the officials of a mostly anonymous Belgian soccer team and representatives of a Middle Eastern royal family as surreal. As they negotiated the details of the acquisition, four different languages were spoken — English, French, German and Arabic — and while the club had a multilingual staff member on hand to help translate, there were still moments of inevitable confusion.

One could see why. On the surface, the two groups had nothing in common, but each also possessed something the other needed. For the officials from Eupen (pronounced OY-pen), the lure was obvious: money. Like many small-time soccer clubs in Europe, Eupen was on the verge of financial ruin; the Qatari royal family represented a surprising and unusual jackpot.

Edited by Elessar78

It is believed that they're going to sell Di Maria to ManU for €60 millions eventhough he wants to play for PSG. They're also interested in Falcao, who won't be traded under €60 millions.

They've got an abyssmal €500+ millions deficit. That's ok with the assclown Platini's financial fairplay, and on top of that you have the former king of Spain who was always influencing the banks to loan millions to Real. They spent €1 billion on transfer fees over a 10 years span !

If they pull the trigger on Falcao, bye bye KB !

Financial fair play is a total joke. I share your view of Platini.

Alright Liverpool supporters, I need your help. 

I have a friend with a birthday coming up who follows Liverpool and I was wondering of recommendations of a book about the club's history?

I don't know...

The more I think about it, I don't know any good books about the history of any of the teams I support:

not the Skins

not the Orioles

not the University of Maryland (I am an alumnus)

not the Reds

not the Caps

not the Wizards

I need to read a book or two...

I don't know...

The more I think about it, I don't know any good books about the history of any of the teams I support:

not the Skins

not the Orioles

not the University of Maryland (I am an alumnus)

not the Reds

not the Caps

not the Wizards

I need to read a book or two...

Redskins Encyclopedia by Michael Richman is an awesome history/ reference source. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Is there anyone anywhere that likes that walking pile of garbage? I bet even his family thinks he is awful...

Just by virtue of this, no one should consider him better than Zidane. 

I think he's more inept than corrupt. Blatter is corrupt. 

• Like 1

Just by virtue of this, no one should consider him better than Zidane. 

I think he's more inept than corrupt. Blatter is corrupt. 

He's been elected best player of all times at Juventus. He was a great player, now a UEFA laughing stock. One anecdote: Giovanni Agnelli CEO of Fiat and former owner of Juventus used to have a Van Gogh in his boat cabin, he replaced it by a picture of Platini.

Edited by FrFan

Real will offload Di Maria in order to help fund the James Rodriguez move if, indeed, it does end up happening.

It makes sense considering Real was playing Di Maria in central midfield for most of the second half of the season. Not exactly the best place for him but a necessity because of Ronaldo and Bale. So you move Di Maria out of central midfield and replace him with James, who is the hottest midfielder in the world right now.

no, it was the best place for him. He looked like a world beater in that position. Best he ever looked for Real Madrid.

I wonder how Isco feels tho?

no, it was the best place for him. He looked like a world beater in that position. Best he ever looked for Real Madrid.

I wonder how Isco feels tho?

He may have been listed as a central midfielder on paper, but he was terrorizing the left wing offensively and defensively. Might as well called their formation a 4-2-4 with Di Maria at LW, CR7 and KB at ST, and Bale at RW.

I'm sure Real would like to develop Isco further but it's a true arms race vs Barca right now after the Suarez signing.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

Redskins Encyclopedia by Michael Richman is an awesome history/ reference source. 

Hail. 

He is working on a volume 2.  I'm friends with Mike on facebook.  Always a great dude and loves answering my random questions.  I have volume one... want to be a stats nerd?  Grab a copy.

FYSA, boys... Liverpool vs Brondby LIVE tomorrow at 1100am on CSNWashington.  642 for you DirecTV subscribers.  Looks like an extended lunch for your boy! :D

He is working on a volume 2.  I'm friends with Mike on facebook.  Always a great dude and loves answering my random questions.  I have volume one... want to be a stats nerd?  Grab a copy.

FYSA, boys... Liverpool vs Brondby LIVE tomorrow at 1100am on CSNWashington.  642 for you DirecTV subscribers.  Looks like an extended lunch for your boy! :D

Thanks for the heads up! I will set my DVR