Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He definitely went down easy...If I were a Stoke fan I would definitely be angry. It absolutely wasn't a dive, he just went down very easily. On the other hand, Wilson has no one to blame but himself.

You'd be UBER pissed as a Stoke fan at that and the non-calls on Skrtel. 

That said, Butland completely missed the ball and punched Suarez so it swings both ways. 

Cardiff and Swansea?

RIGHT! So by the power of deduction, being as we've yet to play at Cardiff, one Premier League ground we've never won at is .......

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I thought he had a very good game today. The third(?) goal looked soft, but he didn't see it until it was too late. Toure has to do better with that one. He had some fantastic save today...I will agree he doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Toure bailed him out twice today, imo.  But he just reacts too slowly.  I knew there'd be growing pains with him but he looks like brilliant one minute and stinks the next. lol

I still think his ceiling is very high though.

We have to do better than Cissokho though.  Lukaku will eat him alive.

Fantastic game. Brilliant finishing. Utter ***** defending. Dubious officiating both ways. Relentless, 90 minute pace. That's why the rest of the World loves the EPL so much. By no means the best league in the World. But defo the most exciting. Oh yeah, Skrtel is getting to be a SERIOUS liability He's giving away two or three CLEAR penalty's a game. There gona' get called sooner or later. 

Especially on the corner when he gave Shawcross a judo hip throw and then jumped on top of him....

RIGHT! So by the power of deduction, being as we've yet to play at Cardiff, one Premier League ground we've never won at is .......

Hail. 

lol, okay I was thinking of all of the leagues when you said "non-English".  Now I feel like an idiot. haha

Two huge games coming up against Villa and Everton.  Both at home.  We have to get six points there.

Especially on the corner when he gave Shawcross a judo hip throw and then jumped on top of him....

LOL. Yeah, just WTF was going on there? I didn't so much mind as Shawcross is nothing more than a thug and he deserves to get his, but how that wasn't a penalty heck only knows. 

lol, okay I was thinking of all of the leagues when you said "non-English".  Now I feel like an idiot. haha

Two huge games coming up against Villa and Everton.  Both at home.  We have to get six points there.

WOOT! You got a quarter of the question. You ROCK! I always had faith in you lil' bro'. Regardless of what others were saying.  :ph34r:  :lol:

Yeah, biggest derby in YEARS. Midweek. Can't wait!

Hail. 

• Like 1

extreme sadness........Finding out my german family history from the Munich bavaria area.  (I'm also Irish, English, and native america)  I guess I have to take back everything I said about a certain club.  Tis be a dark day.

To paraphrase Ricardo Montablan (so many years ago):  Welcome To Great Soccer Island.  Welcome, indeed.  Still room on the bus for more passengers.  It is great to root for a side that drives the English pundits mad.

Borussia Monchengladbach.

We have quite a strong connection with them fan wise going back to the UEFA and European Cup finals against them. Often a contingent of Gladbach fans make it over to Anfield at least once a season and vice versa in recent years.

And I like to see Hamburg do well through their Rangers connection. Plus it's a boss party town which is always a plus ha ha.

Thought I'd add on the Bundesliga topic.

Hail.

*Edit*

This was part of a thing in town a few years back when the Gladbach lads came over:

img_4420.jpg

And this is some reds on the field in Gladbach from a game they went over to: 

clip_image002.jpg

And one of the best flags of all time from the '77 European Cup Final in Rome against Borussia. 

Scouse inventive wit at it's finest telling Joey Jones heroics through that run: 

JoeyAteTheFrogsLegs.jpg

Hail. 

http://www.torontofc.ca/bloodybigdeal

MLS just landed Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley to Toronto FC.

Great for MLS.  Probably bad news for the USMNT.

One of the problems that will arise as MLS continues to grow and make money like they are now, is that American players will have a legit reason to stay in the US rather than play on a non champions league side in a top Euro league.

As a fan of the Natl team first, I'd rather see them play in the Premiership for less money on weaker sides, then in the US against MLS talent.  Though it is getting better every year.

Looks like ESPN will have a bunch of 30 for 30s on soccer leading up to the World Cup. ESPN does a lot of things wrong, but they usually do a great job with these documentaries. There will be one on Hillsborough...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2014/01/13/espn-announces-30-30-soccer-stories-film-series-air-during-buildup-2014-worl?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Terrible move for both 'Spurs and Defoe. 

Tottenham off load their best forward. Defoe has just kissed his World Cup place goodbye. 

Hope the moneys worth it. 

Hail.

Defoe never had a world cup place. This "he gave up on the world cup" stuff is completely overblown and tabloid driven. He barely played.

And im sure the money is worth it. Living in Toronto, chilling with Drake, playing with Michael Bradley, and making 6 million+ a year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing with Hull and earning 1/4 of that, which was his destiny.

Looks like ESPN will have a bunch of 30 for 30s on soccer leading up to the World Cup. ESPN does a lot of things wrong, but they usually do a great job with these documentaries. There will be one on Hillsborough...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2014/01/13/espn-announces-30-30-soccer-stories-film-series-air-during-buildup-2014-worl?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Not sure I'll get to see that now BT Vision, who replaced ESPN on the Saturday games, has taken over some of the ESPN channels on Sky here.

Hope it's not as emotional watch for you as they always are for me.

JFT96.

Hail.

Defoe never had a world cup place. This "he gave up on the world cup" stuff is completely overblown and tabloid driven. He barely played. ......

Neither here nor there to me as I couldn't care less what happens to England this summer (save for hoping Suarez destroys them for his retribution); but Hodgson would of/ will be brain dead to not include him. Welbeck and Lambert making the plane over Defoe tells you ALL you need to know about their chances.

Hail.

Not sure I'll get to see that now BT Vision, who replaced ESPN on the Saturday games, has taken over some of the ESPN channels on Sky here.

Hope it's not as emotional watch for you as they always are for me.

JFT96.

Hail.

I don't see how it could possibly be as emotional for me as it would be for you. You experienced this tragedy up close and personally while I read about it many years after the fact. I didn't go throw the years of fighting the injustice and fight to clear the names of the dead. No, I don't think I could be as emotional about the tragic events at Hillsborough. I do think that it is great that an unbiased  examination of the incident will be presented to Americans and that will probably be the first time many of us will be exposed to this information. 

Defoe never had a world cup place. This "he gave up on the world cup" stuff is completely overblown and tabloid driven. He barely played.

And im sure the money is worth it. Living in Toronto, chilling with Drake, playing with Michael Bradley, and making 6 million+ a year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing with Hull and earning 1/4 of that, which was his destiny.

I'm not sure how this move will effect his World Cup status, but I do think the Walcot injury does open the door for him.

First win in the BPL at Stoke is sweet.

What a game.

YNWA!

Sorry Mr. P...  Hope that stay in the top 4 was fun. :)

You mad?

You ain't getting a point at Fortress Anfield.

No worries DC, we will be top 4 no later then the 28th. :-P

Though I would prefer to have Barkley back for that game it looks unlikely. Got to still be able to get results even with our injuries if we want to be in the top 4 at the end of the season.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Absolutely jobaga man. Those doco's that ESPN do are fantastically good pieces of work. Really hope I get to catch them.

The inference on Defoe's move is the insular arrogance of the English. Forget they've very little better, he's now gone to a joke league against joke competition so how can he even be considered? Sadly, this attitude runs through those that make the decisions. Forget how far the standard if the MLS has come, it's the MLS so must be garbage.

It's how they roll over here.

No worries DC, we will be top 4 no later than 2 more EPL games. :-P

Does 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' translate into the 'Delusions of the Blues?'

Hail.