Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hate to burst your bubble DC man, but there's nothing locally on the Armenian shy of rumours the Carroll money (that deal went through today) will be used on him.

Carroll and the fixtures for next year is all todays news. Oh, and we're supposedly close to signing the Sunderland 'keeper Mingolet. Which in turn would see the end of Pepe. 

Hail. 

I am dissapointed in some of my LFC bretheren out there...

I'm late in posting that we got Mkhitaryan!  Once he takes his physical we will be good to hook.  Beat out Chelsea, juventus and PSG to get him.

This year may be fantastic for both the Reds and the Redskins.

I have heard/read rumors about him and some others. I do not get excited until they are in Melwood getting a physical and signing a contract. 

Neymar vs. Chicharito in just a couple of hours.... I'm stoked for Mexico and Brazil, should be a good match!

It'll be interesting to see if Mexico can punish Brazil for playing Alves with Marcelo. There were huge spaces for Japan to exploit when both were pushing up in the last match.

Why is England so bad at football? 

You'd think a team as talented with players such as Rooney and Joe Cole would do better 

Really boggles the mind

In the same token, why does Spain have so many really good players.

You got the A-team, and their B-team is still pretty awesome:

GK: Valdes, Reina

Def: Azpilicueta, Nacho 

Mid: Javi Martinez, Mata, Cazorla, Silva, Navas

Att: I don't know who the "A" is to name the "B" but they have Villa, Torres, Pedro, and Soldado but Cesc plays the striker as well. 

Then they have riduculous U21:

De Gea (MUFC), Thiago, Tello, Isco—these are just the stars. There are others that are pretty good too

and really good players that are off the national team radar like: Arteta and Michu (Swansea)

Germany is the same way:

B-team:

GK: Adler, ter Stegen

DEF: Mertesacker, Badstuber

MID: Reinartz, Schurrle, Podolski, the Benders, GroBkreutz, Gundogan, Gotze, Holtby

Yeah, my brother is saying it's done in principle.  He said it was in the mirror, the guardian and in some article from Armenia.  I'm optimistic fwiw.

I hope it's true, but there is so much speculation and posturing in the papers. It's hard to know what is true. Here's a story from today saying the exact opposite.

http://www.news-liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-transfer-speculations/item/1496-henrikh-mkhitaryan-speculation-cooled-by-donetsk

You never know until it happens...

Yeah, my brother is saying it's done in principle.  He said it was in the mirror, the guardian and in some article from Armenia.  I'm optimistic fwiw.

I hope it's true, but there is so much speculation and posturing in the papers. It's hard to know what is true. Here's a story from today saying the exact opposite.

http://www.news-liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-transfer-speculations/item/1496-henrikh-mkhitaryan-speculation-cooled-by-donetsk

You never know until it happens...

Well that poo butt mother ****er... I just called him and told him not to text me at work anymore.

Thanks for post jobaga, my apologies everyone.

Mexic-0! They of the most fearsome offense in CONCACAF can't score a G to save their lives! 3 home games in WC qualifying, 0 G scored. If Honduras can steal a WCQ at home vs Mexico, Mexico could seriously be looking at playing in the play-in game to get to Brazil.

Neymar was spectacular as expected and the final dribble and pass against two men in the box was phenomenal.... Go Brazil!!!!!

It was a bit of brilliance - but the defending was comedy gold. First 21 allowing himself to be megged, then the 2 not being in any position to cover finally 15 not getting tight on Neymar after he made the break into the box and allowing the cross far too easily. 

The standard of defending worldwide is just getting worse and worse - part of it is the way they are making it virtually impossible to tackle without giving away free kicks or penalties but part of it is rank bad coaching and lack of basic organisation. 

Any tournament with the Italians still in it is a worse tournament. It's effective, but such soul-less soccer. 

FORZA AZZURRI!

Hail. 

*Edit* Total aside but a MAJOR modern day bugbear of mine ..... when you win something, it's CAMPione, not figging CHAMPione. We brought it back from trips to Italy and Spain in the '70's and '80's when Europe was almost exclusively our playground. But since the formation of the 'greed is good' league and the Sky generation of football fans, this 'champione' ***** started. To hear Martinez, a Spaniard who should know FAR better, leading the Wigan chants at the Cup final celebration with 'CHAMPione', and not 'CAMPione', was beyond the pale. Talk about being woolyified. (Nods to MartinC.  :lol: .).

*Get's off soapbox and walks out singing a (sadly) long forgotten 'Campiooone, Campioooone, Campione Liv-er-pool .....'

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I will hold what I've got on the possible new mid-fielder.

Do you think we can get anything from la liga for Pepe?  I heard that Real may be interested.

Yeah, £ 22 million on an Armenian ..... After the disaster of Nuri Sahin (Turkish/ German but similar type of player), who was that much out of his depth in this league we ended up cutting his loan short; colour me VERY skeptical that this will be another HIGHLY costly, fruitless exercise. FWIW, I caught pics of him signing L'pool shirts on the BBC website the start of the week so make of that what you will. 

And I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get £8-10 million for Reina. Even given the fall off over the last few years when his head clearly hasn't been at Anfield, he's still in his prime as a 'keeper. Still in a regular in the Spanish National squad. And he's improved and played a major part in winning silverware since the initial £ 6 million we paid for him. 

If the Mingolet rumors are true, that seem's a sound move to replace him with a sound, improving 'keeper who's only 24. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Do you think we can get anything from la liga for Pepe?  I heard that Real may be interested.

If the Mingolet rumors are true, that seem's a sound move to replace him with a sound, improving 'keeper who's only 24. 

Hail. 

Mingolet would be a very good signing. You should have gone for Butland though last year when Birmingham were shopping him - it was clear then that Reina was on his way back to Spain.

Yeah, £ 22 million on an Armenian ..... After the disaster of Nuri Sahin (Turkish/ German but similar type of player), who was that much out of his depth in this league we ended up cutting his loan short; colour me VERY skeptical that this will be another HIGHLY costly, fruitless exercise. FWIW, I caught pics of him signing L'pool shirts on the BBC website the start of the week so make of that what you will. 

And I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get £8-10 million for Reina. Even given the fall off over the last few years when his head clearly hasn't been at Anfield, he's still in his prime as a 'keeper. Still in a regular in the Spanish National squad. And he's improved and played a major part in winning silverware since the initial £ 6 million we paid for him. 

Hail. 

Both his head and his heart have been in Espana.  8-10 mil would be fair for both sides. 

In terms of the Armenian, I just like what Rodgers is doing with the midfield.  The more options the merrier.  Youth, creativity, and infusion of speed.  For the first time in a while it appears we are trying to be on the front end of a trend which is exciting.

Hail. 

Mingolet would be a very good signing. You should have gone for Butland though last year when Birmingham were shopping him - it was clear then that Reina was on his way back to Spain.

Don't get me started. He'll turn out to be a better 'keeper than Hart IMHO. He has it all. 

Butland and Gary Cahill, who was begging ourselves or Utd to sign him as he wanted to stay in the North West, will haunt our recent past for a long time forward. All for the sake of L'pool dragging there feet over a million for a player that went for a paltry £ 7 million. NEVER understand Kenny's thinking on that one. Or why BR let Butland slip by this past January. 

Hail.