Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

16 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Not to be outdone, England are also resting starters and finding a way to lose. Southgate told them to pretend like they are in the Semis. 

Got this : "Gareth Southgate is contemplating as many as six changes for the final World Cup group game against ­Belgium on Thursday but insists that England do not want to lose momentum and that their “mindset” is to go for the win."

6 changes and expecting to win ?! :rolleyes:

I hope they are not going to challenge France and Denmark for most boring performance in this tournament  :ols:

Edited by FrFan

12 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Got this : "Gareth Southgate is contemplating as many as six changes for the final World Cup group game against ­Belgium on Thursday but insists that England do not want to lose momentum and that their “mindset” is to go for the win."

6 changes and expecting to win ?! :rolleyes:

I hope they are not going to challenge France and Denmark for most boring performance in this tournament  :ols:

We make fun, but I think it's also a wise move. I'd swap all 11 if I could, because it's a lot of games in a few days. I don't believe you lose any sharpness by resting your guys in this kind of environment. Main concern is that they haven't really been tested against quality opponents. That would be my argument not to rest: basically have a high-end practice game to really work on your game. 

4 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Im rooting hardcore for Germany and Sweden to win and Germany by 2 goals. I want to see Donovan's twitter feed if that happens. Asshole.

Wouldn't Sweden have to win by 2+ goals v Mexico too?  If they win by 1, both would be on 6pts but Mex would have them on differential. What is the second tie breaker?

6 minutes ago, dchogs said:

Wouldn't Sweden have to win by 2+ goals v Mexico too?  If they win by 1, both would be on 6pts but Mex would have them on differential. What is the second tie breaker?

Not sure, all I know is if Sweden wins they are for sure through, if Germany wins by 2 they are for sure through as well and Mexico is out. There are a bunch of scenarios of scorelines if Germany and Sweden win that kick out Mexico. It may be that Sweden beating Mexico gives them a tiebreaker over them and Germany beating South Korea by 2 gives them a scoreline tie breaker over Mexico.

Basically this:

If Mexico loses to Sweden, and Germany wins by at least two goals, then Germany and Sweden will advance on goal differential and head-to-head, respectively. Mexico will also be eliminated if they lose by multiple goals and Germany beats South Korea. I believe there are 4 or 5 other scenarios based on scoreline that will also knock Mexico out. Key is Sweden of course beating Mexico.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

A week of **** talking Argentina and its Germany that gets bounced out in the 1st round.  Last place in their group too right?  lol

If I was Sweden I would send the Germany coach who was mocking them after their win something. Maybe a card that says enjoy your flight home.