Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Might be sacriledge but like this Mexican play by play guy. He's actually passionate for both sides even though he clearly favors Mexico.

Don't slide with your arms up you moron.

So who is the Eagles/Capitals of the World Cup? Mexico might be a good bet. Never won before, passionate fans, always good but never quite good enough...

Holland but they didn't qualify. 

A non-called foul should have been called, but then the North Korean defender slid right passed in his shot block attempt. Smart play by the Mexican to delay his shot, just beat the keeper through his arm/leg gap.

Ochoa, seems to be showing up again.

Listening to these two Mexican announcers is hilarious, the one (older?) is an absolute homer for Mexico (Dick Vitale) the other is at least trying to be objective.

——

Ugh, come on S.Korea, that’s three yellows in the last 10 min, stop it. You were playing well, don’t do this.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Wow, a big mistake by Mexico, barely survived. That was almost Kurios/Argentina bad, S.Korea is pressing hard can’t drop it that soft in front of your own goal. (Obviously the mistake was not Ochoa’s but his center-mid’s.

Bad by S.Korea to go into Ochoa there.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Mexico doesn't actually clinch advancement with a win though right? If Germany beats Sweden, and then Sweden beats Mexico in the 3rd game(and Germany beats Korea), there would be a three way tie for 1st at 6 points and it'd come down to goal differential.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

What makes you say that. The yellows should have started a lot earlier.

I don’t disagree, I just think the fouls aren’t necessary.

-

Did the announcer just say, “No homophobic chant”?

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I don’t disagree, I just think the fouls aren’t necessary.

Did the announcer just say, “No homophobic chant”?

Mexico fans have a tradition of chanting PUTO when the opposing goalie does a goal kick.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Mexico doesn't actually clinch advancement with a win though right? If Germany beats Sweden, and then Sweden beats Mexico in the 3rd game(and Germany beats Korea), there would be a three way tie for 1st at 6 points and it'd come down to goal differential.

Mexico 6 points after this

Sweden 3

Germany 0

South Korea 0

Germany/Sweden

Germany/Korea

Sweden/Mexico

Yeah, looks right.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Mexico fans have a tradition of chanting PUTO when the opposing goalie does a goal kick.

42969393891_291ee73963_b.jpg

15 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Come on S.Korea...please, you’re better than this.

Huh?

Too bad South Korea wasted the free goal Mexico tried to give them on the botched touch by Marquez.

Not sure if it's selective memory but I don't ever recall seeing this many short corner kicks throughout all the games so far. I thought the point was to do it quickly to catch a team off guard and not paying attention. The way teams are using it mostly in this WC is to just basically have a defender challenging them to get the service off rather than just taking the damn corner and getting an uncontested ball into the box. So many wasted corners. The only real good short corner I've seen is (can't remember which team) played it on the line to a guy who ran onto it and one touched it back to another guy who cracked one but had it blocked.

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Holland but they didn't qualify. 

Had to twist that knife, didn’t ya?

Typical Manc?

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Mexico close to picking up a handball in the box, ball was against the chest. Even the announcers who are Pro-Mexico agreed.

Arm/hand against your body, never a pen.

• Like 1