Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

37 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

them to come to r's in a couple of weeks.

Wonder if we'll be hearing about the spine anytime soon

How awesome would it have been if the Irish kid put in that sitter?  Oh I was gutted for him.

• Haha 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Sniffing around Ronaldo instead is my wild guess.

That would be an earth shaker if there ever was one but he could score goals for fun for them if he's deployed as a striker. I think he'll bugger off to L.A eventually as supposedly he's quite fond of that awful place for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Wonder if we'll be hearing about the spine anytime soon

How awesome would it have been if the Irish kid put in that sitter?  Oh I was gutted for him.

Didn't think they'd struggle so much without Eriksen. Dele Zidane didn't have the best of games. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

That would be an earth shaker if there ever was one but he could score goals for fun for them if he's deployed as a striker. I think he'll bugger off to L.A eventually as supposedly he's quite fond of that awful place for some reason.

One of the Castillian papers did a piece that said 70% of the Real supporters want him out.  Not sure how puff that was or not.  He'll have plenty of time to go to LA. 

Would not surprise me at all to see him head to City.

9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Didn't think they'd struggle so much without Eriksen. Dele Zidane didn't have the best of games. 

Yeah and Dele had another game where he should've been booked but wasn't.

That's why I laugh at @Morrison J and his "their spine is incredible" nonsense.  As right as he is that it's important, they don't have any balls.  When the going gets tough they thug it up.  Didn't get too out of hand today but they're as mentally weak as they are talented.  Kind of how Arsenal was a couple of years ago when they should've won the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My view on the impending Sanchez swap FWIW: 

On the face of it, good deal for the club's maybe?

But I don't feel it is for either player down to the respective coaches. 

There's very few if any, Sanchez included, players that haven't regressed under Wenger the last decade and his stifling, systematic scheme/ coaching as he himself has regressed from the top class, 
innovative coach he was a decade and more back now. Why anyone would want to go to the absolute ____show that is Arsenal from a football perspective is beyond me? I can only see Mkhitaryan continuing to look a shadow of the player who was at Dortmund under Wenger and probably dropping off even more. 

From Sanchez' POV, and I agree, my own personal views on his attitude that we don't need to get into again aside, a potential WC player (he's regressed a bit from when he was in that bracket under Wenger the last 12/18 months), to go play under a coach who's system/ style of play severely restricts creative, attacking players when he had the option to go to play under a coach over the other side of the City who is the complete polar opposite of that tells you a lot of what motivates the player to me.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

That would be an earth shaker if there ever was one but he could score goals for fun for them if he's deployed as a striker.

City know both Liverpool and Utd are shelling out big time now to close the gap for next season. Pep will sanction a move to plough right back over the top of them in the summer. Sure he will.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

One of the Castillian papers did a piece that said 70% of the Real supporters want him out.  Not sure how puff that was or not.  He'll have plenty of time to go to LA. 

Would not surprise me at all to see him head to City.

Yeah and Dele had another game where he should've been booked but wasn't.

That's why I laugh at @Morrison J and his "their spine is incredible" nonsense.  As right as he is that it's important, they don't have any balls.  When the going gets tough they thug it up.  Didn't get too out of hand today but they're as mentally weak as they are talented.  Kind of how Arsenal was a couple of years ago when they should've won the league.

Wasn't here for that but their Belgian center backs work very well together in the unlikely event that they're both healthy. Wanyama is also very underrated so I'd say they're solid if unspectacular. Looked lost without their playmaker though. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

My view on the impending Sanchez swap FWIW: 

On the face of it, good deal for the club's maybe?

But I don't feel it is for either player down to the respective coaches. 

There's very few if any, Sanchez included, players that haven't regressed under Wenger the last decade and his stifling, systematic scheme/ coaching as he himself has regressed from the top class, 
innovative coach he was a decade and more back now. Why anyone would want to go to the absolute ____show that is Arsenal from a football perspective is beyond me? I can only see Mkhitaryan continuing to look a shadow of the player who was at Dortmund under Wenger and probably dropping off even more. 

From Sanchez' POV, and I agree, my own personal views on his attitude that we don't need to get into again aside, a potential WC player (he's regressed a bit from when he was in that bracket under Wenger the last 12/18 months), to go play under a coach who's system/ style of play severely restricts creative, attacking players when he had the option to go to play under a coach over the other side of the City who is the complete polar opposite of that tells you a lot of what motivates the player to me.

Hail. 

He can be miserable to play for as an attacking player but the ones that adapt (Off the top of my head Ozil and Diego Milito) end up doing very well. Sanchez was never a lazy player but it did look like he felt he was doing them a favor by being there, so who's to say that won't come back after a couple of bad results. If he's doing a van Persie he'll be motivated if the team contends for the league and probably sulk if they drop out contention early. If you read between the lines this may Mourinho going all in for next season and not caring what happens past that. It'll be interesting to see who the next club willing to gamble on getting pre-Madrid Mourinho is going to be. 

10 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

.... If you read between the lines this may Mourinho going all in for next season and not caring what happens past that. .....

Oh, I read it more he's going all in the CL this season to one-up Pep. I don't see why he makes this move now for any other reason than that. 

Hail. 

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Oh, I read it more he's going all in the CL this season to one-up Pep. I don't see why he makes this move any other reason than that. 

Hail. 

He's pouting in the direction of the owners (again) and he doesn't stick around when things don't go his way. I can see him giving it one more year to try to win the league and leaving either way. If he wins he can say look how wonderful I am but I'm out, and if he doesn't he can say he was being held back. 

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

It isn't nonsense that they have a good spine though to be fair. That's all I've ever said. Maybe you're making more of that than I am...

Maybe they are a bit mentally weak I dunno. They definitely have some pretty inconsistent players. Ali has taken a pretty big step back this year and Son goes from a world beater to being completely ineffective on a weekly basis. Alderweireld obviously a massive loss the past month or so too as was Eriksen today. Unreal how little creativity they had without him. Lack of strength in depth has been a problem with them for years. They have some very tough fixtures coming up and could well fall off the pace with the way they are going. Need everyone to get fit and quick.

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Not exactly sure what this is based on. The way they played yesterday isn't something new this year. Some games they attack very well and some games they look completely disjointed. It's usually an unknown how a Jan transfer will fit in but what is it exactly that you see?

Players are upset about the salary Sánchez is getting. Some are already voicing displeasure.

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Wasn't here for that but their Belgian center backs work very well together in the unlikely event that they're both healthy. Wanyama is also very underrated so I'd say they're solid if unspectacular. Looked lost without their playmaker though. 

That may have been the last couple of years.  Sanchez is their best center half and it's not close. 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Players are upset about the salary Sánchez is getting. Some are already voicing displeasure.

I knew you were keeping up with the Mancs you old **** wagoneer.

I think you're referring to the rumor that Pogba will ask for a raise.  Which will be incredible if true, but no reason to no if it is because Jamie from Hull said so.

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

It isn't nonsense that they have a good spine though to be fair. That's all I've ever said. Maybe you're making more of that than I am...

Maybe they are a bit mentally weak I dunno. They definitely have some pretty inconsistent players. Ali has taken a pretty big step back this year and Son goes from a world beater to being completely ineffective on a weekly basis. Alderweireld obviously a massive loss the past month or so too as was Eriksen today. Unreal how little creativity they had without him. Lack of strength in depth has been a problem with them for years. They have some very tough fixtures coming up and could well fall off the pace with the way they are going. Need everyone to get fit and quick.

Thank you for that.  That's as fair as you've been on the subject and I appreciate it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Brendan Rodgers is a God. He'll take over for Jose when he bolts, cause...why not?

Did you see his breakdown with TAW the other week about Arsenal 5-1 at Anfield?  It was adorable.  I almost missed him.  Towards the end I couldn't stand him but I do appreciate that he was willing to sit down and talk about tactics with a fan rag.  That's class (or character :ols: if you want).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Did you see his breakdown with TAW the other week about Arsenal 5-1 at Anfield?  It was adorable.  I almost missed him.  Towards the end I couldn't stand him but I do appreciate that he was willing to sit down and talk about tactics with a fan rag.  That's class (or character :ols: if you want).

He's gifted for sure I just think cohesiveness and continuity play a big part at that position. Speaking of Spurs they may just be making the signing of the window and it's flying under the radar. Harry Kane has never really played with a wide player of Malcolm's quality it's just a question of if he can adjust to the league. 

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Brendan Rodgers is a God. He'll take over for Jose when he bolts, cause...why not?

Better than two thirds of the appointments made post Fergie. Not that it would ever happen but I'd love to see what Diego Simeoni can do in the PL. 

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

That may have been the last couple of years.  Sanchez is their best center half and it's not close. 

I knew you were keeping up with the Mancs you old **** wagoneer.

I think you're referring to the rumor that Pogba will ask for a raise.  Which will be incredible if true, but no reason to no if it is because Jamie from Hull said so.

Thank you for that.  That's as fair as you've been on the subject and I appreciate it.

I only keep track of Sánchez because we were interested him at one point plus the the whole situation is more dramatic than Days of Our Lives. Thank goodness we didn’t get him. The guy sounds like a money grabber who creates a toxic locker room.

He will definitely upset the salary set up at Utd.  Though winning Europa really shouldn't be a reason to demand high wages. Then again Sánchez does and he plays at a Europa club. 

31 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I only keep track of Sánchez because we were interested him at one point plus the the whole situation is more dramatic than Days of Our Lives. Thank goodness we didn’t get him. The guy sounds like a money grabber who creates a toxic locker room.

He will definitely upset the salary set up at Utd.  Though winning Europa really shouldn't be a reason to demand high wages. Then again Sánchez does and he plays at a Europa club. 

Flipped through the thread a bit while waiting for someone at the airport. "Us" used to be United at one point apparently and now him needs on the ignore list before me gets in trouble. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Better than two thirds of the appointments made post Fergie. Not that it would ever happen but I'd love to see what Diego Simeoni can do in the PL. 

He's the betting favorite to get the Arsenal gig.

Or was about two weeks ago.  I've been on vacation the last two weeks and haven't kept up with much in the way of rumors.

8 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Flipped through the thread a bit while waiting for someone at the airport. "Us" used to be United at one point apparently and now him needs on the ignore list before me gets in trouble. 

Richmond is the local genetically engineered football fan.  His family hails from Manchester, Madrid, Munich, Istanbul (both sides), and Glasgow (both sides - but mostly Green).

I'm only upset for him that he was born in the commonwealth and is forced to endure this loyalty test with Washington, DC sports.  He deserves better.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, DC9 said:

He's the betting favorite to get the Arsenal gig.

Or was about two weeks ago.  I've been on vacation the last two weeks and haven't kept up with much in the way of rumors.

Richmond is the local genetically engineered football fan.  His family hails from Manchester, Madrid, Munich, Istanbul (both sides), and Glasgow (both sides - but mostly Green).

I'm only upset for him that he was born in the commonwealth and is forced to endure this loyalty test with Washington, DC sports.  He deserves better.

My family does hail from Ireland/Scotland (Celtic was formed to help the poor Irish Catholics thus why I do root for them). And also yes my family does hail from Bavaria. No Madrid or Instanbul though. I did find out recently that we have Greek though. Not sure where there though. 

Lets not talk about DC sports. I’m still getting g through the idea of Philly winning a SB potentially while the damn Caps and Nats bomb out first round..... Being born in 88 Into a diehard Dc sport family so barely remember any of 1991. Bayern atleast brings joy though the UCL exits recently were crushing. Hard to say whether the blown second leg against A Madrid when dominating the whole match where we switched off one second or the screw job in the second leg against Real sucked more.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Oh good God I hope and pray you encounter r bezzie mate Fred. It'll be absolute carnage! :rofl89::rofl89:...... Uhhhhmmmmm, don't. I meant I hope you 'don't' encounter him. Yeah. that's the one I meant. :ph34r: .

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

I just choked howling laughing on Scotch egg reading that. ****ER! :rofl89::rofl89:

Hail. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

My family does hail from Ireland/Scotland (Celtic was formed to help the poor Irish Catholics thus why I do root for them).. ....

*Sings 'Richmond is a gypo, Richmond is a gypo, Nah Nah Nah Nah ..... ' 

Go home yer Fenian btard yer! The famines over! 

*Settles. What?  It never leaves yer. Shrugs. :kickcan:

Hail. 

Frigging Swansea on a Monday night. Figging Sky. WTF wants to watch that as a neutral? It's invariably a ****e game yet they invariably put it Monday F night!!!!! Arsenal- Palace? Short tube ride across the Capital? Burnley- Utd just down the road? Nahhh. Let's send lads to another ****ing Country to South Wales to start the week. 

I appreciate you take the money you dance to the TV pay-lords tune but it's still a complete disgrace. As per, absolutely ZERO consideration to the paying, travelling supporter. Without whom there is NO TV 'spectacle.' I aren't down ironically but mates who are are having 2 x 4 and a half hour train journeys and the extra expense of an overnight stay, as you can't get back shy of driving and being like an extra the Walking Dead tomorrow; and a day and 
half/ 2 days holiday nobody needs gone bang after Chrimbo.

And this is almost palatable to the even bigger disgrace of the BBC banging Utd on Friday night. Down at f-ing Yeovil. My heart goes out to those poor ****s making that trek to the back of beyond on a Friday. 

Something SERIOUSLY needs sorting 
with this ****e. Proper sorting and not just talks between fan groups and the TV companies that are going nowhere.

Hail.