Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On 12/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

First time I've seen the penalty on the TV. (Other end the ground from me.). Sorry to go against the consensus here but to me that's a blatant stonewaller. Don't know how we can legit argue otherwise? Complete, boneheaded decision from Lovren. Lads going nowhere and he pushes him. Yeah, he goes down like a sack of ****e. But any player would with hands in their back. 

No complaints at all personally with Pawson there.

Hail. 

This says it all for me.... total dive.  I know it's Lovren, but what's he supposed to do?

Anyways... Sadio pulls that back before HT and it's a non-issue... the team wasn't the best but we spoiled a lot of chances going forward and they lucked into a pen.

6 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This says it all for me.... total dive.  I know it's Lovren, but what's he supposed to do?

Not push someone the back and make it easy for opponent and referee? 

Shrugs. We see this totally differently. And I would still be totally narked from Sunday. Mainly at the manager treating the biggest game of the year with a complete lack of understanding and respect. Regardless of how we played. 

But then we have a trip to Porto to look forward to February whilst Everton have a relegation battle to look forward to. And even worse than that, fat lad is their manager. 

Everything is good in the World again. :)

Hail. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Even broken clocks right twice a day and all that. 

For as much ****e as you type (presumably for reaction), you had to finally post something of substance at some point. 

Yay you! Have a cookie.

Hail. 

The warmth on this thread really knows no boundaries. Thanks :rofl89:

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

The evil empire has sign another brazilian defensive player (Wendel, 10 mil €) :rolleyes:. They must also generate an extra 80 mil € in revenues by the end of the season to be compliant with the so-called financial fairplay.

I'm sure Qatar furniture outlets will kick in some extra sponsorship money.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

The evil empire has sign another brazilian defensive player (Wendel, 10 mil €) :rolleyes:. They must also generate an extra 80 mil € in revenues by the end of the season to be compliant with the so-called financial fairplay.

What do you think about Blanc being mentioned as a possible USMNT manager?

I think he'd rinse his mouth out with buck shot after just four or five months.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Germany’s improving him then.  

Hail. 

He's recently angled for a permanent in the press over there.

31 minutes ago, DC9 said:

What do you think about Blanc being mentioned as a possible USMNT manager?

I knew he had contacts with LA FC. He's above average as a coach but nothing special. He didn't have many top suitors, Las Palmas, Betis Sevilla, and FC Sevilla, he rejected Dortmund's offer. Allardyce, as more experience but he smells sulfur !

roll out that side on sunday, and it would have been 3-0 or 4-0.  again, though, if sadio had just played a square ball across the 6, it would have been 2-1 (or worse if that broke the blues' backs and spirits).  selfish footy never wins.  suarez and sturridge (and sterling) were at their best when they were passing to tap ins and you couldn't just key in on one.  the fab four are close, but their ego is still showing.

Horrible night to be watching football. Rain and a mad wind that was affecting a lot of the play. And a pretty horrid game to sit through. On and off the park as if hadn't been that cold you could have gone a kip the Kop again. Which is happening far too often. (Hands up guilty as I barely moved a muscle tonight either.). Collective off-day by just about everyone. Didn't help West Brom having 9 back at all times, along with the wind. But that's for us to combat and nobody turned up tonight. (With the exception of Karius who's getting better the more confidence he gains from playing.). 

All that said, and as utterly P off as I and most everyone I know was with Klopp Sunday for the starting XI (oh how we miss that momentum that was there going into the Derby now. Sighs), and as wretchedly poor as L'pool were tonight; the anger this evening is all on the officials. Wasn't sure why the goal had been disallowed the match. Even more so after the ref initially gave it then bizarrely decided to change his mind. Having seen it again, that was atrocious officiating. In no reality can that be classed as intentional handball. And if it's not intentional, it can't be given. Ultimately it's robbed young Dom Solanke of his first goal for the club and L'pool two crucial points. 

Frustrating isn't the word. One of them as regards the players having an off day. That happens and they've been 
due the run they've been on since Tottenham. Frustration at another VERY costly officiating mistake. 

That said, still just 4 points outside of third. Onto Bournemouth.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Curious question for Liverpool fans...

i think i saw coutinho wear the captain band at least once this season, could have been a couple of times I’m not sure. Anyway I’m positive I’ve seen it once. My question is, how do you feel about that?  From what I know this is a player who tried hard to get out of England and even put in a request. Months ago I remember fans hating him. Has it changed?  How must the players feel?  

When we're on it there's no better attacking side in Europe. And with the additions of Keita and van Dijk adding leadership and solidity the middle back, we're fixing to be a real challenger going forward the more this side develops. 

Superb half Reds. 
Magical goal from Phil after he was dead unlucky the free-kick against the post. Same Mo's third who now has equalled Danny's record:

xqta1Qnm_bigger.jpgJames PearceVerified account @JamesPearceEchoFollowFollow
@JamesPearceEcho

More

If Mo Salah scores today he will equal Daniel Sturridge‘s achievement of getting to 20 goals for #LFC in just 26 appearances. Only George Allan (19 matches) in 1895 has reached that milestone quicker.

4:45 am - 17 Dec 2017

de Bruyne has SERIOUS competition for the player the year. Signing the season and then some. 

Could and should be up 5 or 6- 1 the break. Defoe was unlucky hitting the post.

Keep working Reds. Full 90 this year unlike the 75 last!

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Chamberlian was superb off the pitch today as well as on it. Boss leadership. Lads growing and growing by the passing week. 

Hail. 

Ox absolutely bossed the midfield today. Gets better and better each match under Klopp. Unlucky not to score today with two off the posts.

With Lallana coming back, this team is getting deep and dangerous. Add the big Dutchman, and 2018 looks to be a ton of Red fun!

• Thanks 1