Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I think Roy would prefer Portugal's...special defense.

They need to score early or things will get VERY nervy.

I really dislike Ronaldo because of his temperment but man that was a pretty sweet finish. That's actually pretty damn hard to get the deflection he did and he got it perfectly.

This is a fantastic half.

Just seen it. Outstanding flick. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Bit apprehensive about this game tbh. Happy to see us put out an attack minded team though. At least looks like we're gonna have a go.

You be fine with the side Italy has put out. They have imobile (SO aptly named) up from for Pete's sake. 

No surprise, but I saw lot's of green shirts on my way home through town earlier. L'pool's behind you. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Bit apprehensive about this game tbh. Happy to see us put out an attack minded team though. At least looks like we're gonna have a go.

He must've watched the USA last night.  3 defensive mids... well, two defensive mids and a Michael Bradley and we wondered why we couldn't keep the ball (aside from Argentina's class).

Gonna miss the kick, but really hoping to get home on this one soon.

You be fine with the side Italy has put out. They have imobile (SO aptly named) up from for Pete's sake. 

No surprise, but I saw lot's of green shirts on my way home through town earlier. L'pool's behind you. 

Hail. 

Isn't that the best name for an attacking player going? :lol:

COYBIG

• Like 1

Cheering for a ROI win tonight.

As for England, I did say some time ago finishing second wouldn't be the end of the world. Now if the Swiss had been given that stone wall pen against the French in stoppage time that would have been perfect.

Iceland won't be easy for the underwhelming English, but my prediction is we win 3-2. That's what my money will be going on.

Oh those lucky English. 

Iceland with a 93rd minute winner. They play England instead of Portugal. 

Hail.

Roy fears nobody remember.

• Like 2

Cheering for a ROI win tonight.

As for England, I did say some time ago finishing second wouldn't be the end of the world. Now if the Swiss had been given that stone wall pen against the French in stoppage time that would have been perfect.

Iceland won't be easy for the underwhelming English, but my prediction is we win 3-2. That's what my money will be going on.

Roy fears nobody remember.

The first goal will be crucial. You score early, i'd take them to coast through. Don't, and the longer it goes on, the longer panic sets in. 

You could just imagine the meltdown if England failed to beat the Icelandic minnows. The press would absolutely crucify them. 

Need to match them for effort as the Icelandic work rate and organisation has been outstanding every game I've seen. Real togetherness that squad and they're just enjoying every moment of this once in a lifetime experience for them. Three of them charging up the other end on the breakaway the 93rd minute today for the winner.

England SHOULD win at a canter. But this is England so it'll probably be wholly different next Monday. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

HOW was that NOT a peno for Ireland? Absolutely stonewall. Scandalous decision. 

Italians getting away with loads as usual. 

Hail. 

DEFO.  Not even close.

Oh, btw... Jurgen's flying in from holiday and then this.  Looks about done and dusted.

Callum Wright @Mr_CallumWright 4h4 hours ago

Suggestions that Zeilinksi to #LFC is now finally agreed for €14m.

Thinking Mane will follow shortly after.  Left back after that and then we'll see CB and maybe a forward a little later in the window. 

I'll hold my breath with you on Gotze... for some reason, I guess...

• Like 1

I'll hold my breath with you on Gotze... for some reason, I guess...

I have it covered with another cunning plan!

Gotze will presently be in receipt of a video showing Skrtel at his most violent, mad best which could teach Bruce Lee a thing or two. With a message to sign or he'll be next the knockout's against Slovakia. And this time Martin's playing for keeps!

#anythingforkloppo

Hail. 

• Like 1

Rep of Ireland is not part of GB. And neither is Northern Ireland.

And I think Scotland is a long shot to make it.

But you're all WELL connected to the best City on Earth and we wholeheartedly congratulate yers!

GET IN YOU BIG!

Now go dump out the hosts. (Sorry FF.). Give you a real fighting chance as they are average. 

Hail. 

And I think Scotland is a long shot to make it.

Indeed, and it's great to know the Scots get to watch us all in the next round.

Now go dump out the hosts. (Sorry FF.). Give you a real fighting chance as they are average.

I hope so too.

Wow, the whole of GB going through...a quarter of the knockouts.

And, Benteke misses a sitter...go figure.

Who?

And let me just say... I thought the Irish spoiled their chance when Hoolahan got the 3 on 1 with the keeper wrong.  Best attacking mid Ireland's had in some time and he got that one wrong.

Moments later he follows it up with an absolutely brilliant cross, though.

What a finish to that game.

• Like 2

Indeed, and it's great to know the Scots get to watch us all in the next round.

The joke from a World Cup many many years ago still applies.

What do you call a Scotsman in the knockout stages of the tournament?

Referee.

• Like 2

Looks like Burnley have been compliant in agreeing to flipping the second game of the season to Turf Moor. Thank you to them. Greatly appreciated with the ongoing building work. 

So a start of three straight aways at Arsenal, Burnley and Tottenham, followed by Leicester at home and Chelsea away. With Utd home three games later. 

This season will be determined the first 8 games. We either hit the ground running, or we go the other way and lose 2 or 3 to all but end any challenge before it's begun. 

Makes this pre-season's preparations all the more vital. 

#roadto19

Hail. 

• Like 1