Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Would have much rather win out to at least secure Europa next year. All on Wed now with the same flat squad that disappointed today at the last home game of the season.

Cautiously hopeful.

I can't blame them.  I mean, it's football and it's Chelsea, but I felt a draw this morning.  After literally walking through red smoke to get to the ground last week, it's difficult to get up for a game like this that didn't really mean much, and I get Europa, I really do. 

No one wanted to get injured.  Milner at a 8 rotating with Coutinho is going to work or it's not.  It works vs Villareal, but Chelsea are better than them. 

Just didn't have it today and that's fine.  But never let it be said that fans don't have an effect on the game.

One more game of utter tedium and then the biggie. 

Hail. 

Got a peep at the new kits today.  I love it when the secondary color is gold.  As it should be.  :)

Sturridge needs to be fitted for the long sleeves better, he looked like he had shoulder puffs out there.

Well wasn't following premier league back then.  I am decently young though, began really following chelsea/premier league in 2002 or so, right before HS.  Honestly just did not realize. 

Just remember... they played football before 1992.  If you don't count that for Liverpool, you can't count that for the Redskins.

• Like 2

I can't blame them. I mean, it's football and it's Chelsea, but I felt a draw this morning. After literally walking through red smoke to get to the ground last week, it's difficult to get up for a game like this that didn't really mean much, and I get Europa, I really do.

No one wanted to get injured. Milner at a 8 rotating with Coutinho is going to work or it's not. It works vs Villareal, but Chelsea are better than them.

Just didn't have it today and that's fine. But never let it be said that fans don't have an effect on the game..... .

Pretty much covers it lil' bro'.

The whole game was ****e. Slow paced. Tepid. Passionless. Neither side was arsed. Flat crowd. Loads of emptys all over the place. I literally had 2 empty seats to my left and three to right. Monged out first half. And still could sprawl second even with the lad behinds mates coming down and doing the same. Want to say Hazard scored a good goal but struggling to even do that as there wasn't one challenge on him as we parted like the preverbal Red Sea. Chelsea on their holidays. L'pool looking to next week not wanting to risk injury. Just a wank game of football.

File that one under the typical end of season stroll.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Thinking about our player of the year being as they'll be a wank side out Sunday at West Brom and then just the final to go. 

Has to be the oft criticised James Milner for me. 

The two Brazilians have contributed with important goals and assists but have had up and down consistency. Lovren's been just about the most improved player under Klopp and he'd be in the mix. But for a season long level of solid 7 out or 10 or above Milner's been that. He's like this team's Ronnie Whelan. You don't fully appreciate just how vital he is to the side until he's not there. Stupendous work rate. Fills in most anywhere he's asked and does a solid, professional job doing it with minimum fuss. And hard to argue with 7 goals and 14 assists I believe it is now. 

If we're at the stage next year where the likes of Milner and Lallana are squad players, we'll be building a pretty darn good squad indeed. 

Hail. 

If we're at the stage next year where the likes of Milner and Lallana are squad players, we'll be building a pretty darn good squad indeed. 

Hail. 

Milner's been as advertised (though inconsistent), but it's far and away Nathaniel Clyne, for me.

Played his 51st game in Red yesterday?  In his first season.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who we bring in as the next manager. If they can get Pellegrini I would not be upset by that move. I feel like to have any chance to keep Lukaku we need to bring in someone like that, combined with our now much larger budget, to convince him to give it another year before moving on.

We shall see. Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to get Martinez out and have an interim manager for the last game, otherwise he is probably going to take a lot of abuse.

GHH, whats the feeling there about Martinez from Evertonians? Do most feel like he has to go? What about feelings on a new manager?

They hated him. Turned REAL sour REAL fast. Wasn't just the **** football. But the utter bollocks he came out with week after week. One set of people you CAN'T blag it's Scousers. We tell it like it is and if it's utter ****e, don't try paint it something it isn't! Making a complete mug of Baines was the last straw. 

Rumours here are Pellegrini or more so Rafa. Which personally I'd pay GOOD money to see. The meltdown from Blues would be beyond epic if that happened! LOL. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

They hated him. Turned REAL sour REAL fast. Wasn't just the **** football. But the utter bollocks he came out with week after week. One set of people you CAN'T blag it's Scousers. We tell it like it is and if it's utter ****e, don't try paint it something it isn't! Making a complete mug of Baines was the last straw. 

Rumours here are Pellegrini or more so Rafa. Which personally I'd pay GOOD money to see. The meltdown from Blues would be beyond epic if that happened! LOL. 

Hail.

For sure, his constant excuses were wearing thin. Pretty stupid to call out Baines, let alone any player after this season. Its gotten to the point I was hoping we would get rocked by Sunderland just to make sure. And then we did.

Haha, Im sure, bringing in Rafa would be crazy, I hope they arent that disconnected. Again, I would be happy with Pellegrini. Rumor is he would be interested as he wants to stay in England, but soccer rumors are easily the most unreliable of any sport, its hilarious. We now have the transfer budget to bring in some players to help entice.

Thanks for the info, its handy having someone who lives in Liverpool. :D

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Barrett saying Gotze is top priority still. 

Hail. 

I think you get he and Horne and then a couple of youngins to push the current starters and we'll be fine.  You'll almost have to grab an 8 somewhere, but I think eventually Coutinho would be able to fill in there nicely with Can.  So maybe I'm a little bit more fond of the Ben Afra on a free rumors... someone to bridge the gap.

We get back a lot of help with the returning players (Ings, Markovic, Gomez).

• Like 1

Yeah but you're an Evertonian. You need someone in Wales for that!  :P.

Frank De Boer being heavily linked now. He quit Ajax yesterday.

Hail. 

:D 

I saw that. Honestly dont know enough about him to know how he might do. Though coming from that league to the PL worries me. The defense is a wee bit better in the PL.

• Like 1

Smart move, he'll get plenty of matches at Dortmund.

For a few years and then Bayern will steam in and plunder him like they do everyone else when Dortmund puts up a challenge. 

Oh hi there bt .....  :D.

:D

I saw that. Honestly dont know enough about him to know how he might do. Though coming from that league to the PL worries me. The defense is a wee bit better in the PL.

I personally think, like most at Ajax, he's a product of the system at that club and would struggle, at least initially, elsewhere. He's completely versed in the special way Ajax do things and had full control in Amsterdam. 

Any club would need to give him a lot of time to get the structure right to replicate anything like that. 

I've just been reliably informed by an Evertonian that Mourinho should now be in play now you've got money. And he was dead serious as well bless his poor delusional soul! 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just remember... they played football before 1992.  If you don't count that for Liverpool, you can't count that for the Redskins.

Blackburn was beastly pre WWI so do please count before '92.

And this is yet another reason to swerve the Daily Third Reich. West Ham fans take 'souvenirs' from the last game at Upton Park. But L'pool fans 'steal' their ol' main stand seats.

Double standard Southern Press ****bags! 

Difference in you staying at Anfield while West Ham not?  Though I have heard of the north/south divide and bias.

And Big Sam does it again.  Say what you want about the guy and his tactics, but he just keeps teams up.

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 2

Deschamps came up with his stupid list for the Euro. Guess what ? The "magnificent seven" of the reserve list are actually much better than the starters ! Giroud instead of Ben Arfa is just beyond ludacris and a mockery of the game.

For a few years and then Bayern will steam in and plunder him like they do everyone else when Dortmund puts up a challenge. 

Oh hi there bt .....  :D.

I've been meaning to ask, now that your previous EPL farm side appears to be finishing ahead of you, which lower-level table side will you now use to vastly over-pay for medi-ocre talent?  Stoke?  Palace?  Maybe even Swansea? :P

I've been meaning to ask, now that your previous EPL farm side appears to be finishing ahead of you, which lower-level table side will you now use to vastly over-pay for medi-ocre talent?  Stoke?  Palace?  Maybe even Swansea? :P

giphy.gif

• Like 1