Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Absolutely buzzing sat here counting down the hours to tomorrows League Cup Final.

It's funny. I hate Wembley. Not only is it stuck out the way in North London, the new version is soulless. As dilapidated as the 'old' Wembley was, it was a football stadium yer know? From the big terraces either end, the lack of facilities, the players getting grabbed by fans and bedecked in colours the way up the steps to collect the trophy; it was a great, unique experience. Now, it's so corporate and all about as much as they can make it's not even funny. And the new version isn't a patch on the Millennium experience in Cardiff those boss 6 years when you literally rolled out the bars into the ground being as you're right in the centre. This will be the 20th time I've seen my team play there from when I was first allowed to go/ taken to the first all Merseyside final in '84. The 5th Wembley League Cup final for us in that time. 

With all the above you'd think I'd be bored and 'meh' of travelling to 'Anfield South.' (So coined as we went to the 'old' Wembley more times than any other club and I believe have still been more times than anyone else in total.). But I can't WAIT for tomorrow's final. In part because it's been just shy of four long years since we last played a final there. In another this is against City and with no disrespect intended to our last League Cup final victims, Cardiff; playing City feels like a REAL big game the like of which finals should be all about between two of the genuine heavyweights. And this has always been my favourite competition from my first ever game back in the second round against 4th division Bradford in 1980. The best present a young kid could EVER have. But more so because of one unassuming, funny as all Hell, 'normal' German fella' who just fits this City and this fanbase like nobody else could and who has restored genuine belief that we are finally back on the road to where we all so crave to be again. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be a MAJOR first step on that path with League Cup #9. Here's to a cracking spectacle fitting of this great competition.  

One more sleep. (Maybe, lol.). 

We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Nice to see Bayen get a professional win vs Wolf.  Expect that type of match (and scoreline) when Juve comes to town.

Stlll  on course  to set record 4th straight BL title, DFB Pokal, and UCL.  Nice.

On the EPL  front, Leicester won again to go 5 points clear at the top.

Looking at their run in, they only have 2 'difficult' matches, away vs ManU (winnable) and the last day away vs Chelski (may not even matter at that time).  They could very easily win the whole thing. 

All the other 8 League Cup final goals to wet the appetite: 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/capital-one-cup-final#25357

Whelan's curler past Bailey to beat United in '83 is my favourite. Ironic as he's still a massive Utd fan. 

More of the same tomorrow please redmen. 

Hail. 

Martin AND Asbury wouldn't forgive us if we left out Jerzy's performance in goal in '03. 

• Like 1

Have no fear man.

Bayern lose the second leg on the Wednesday, you can just switch seemingly back to being a United fan the day after the Europa League for the biggest tie ANYWHERE in Europe this year bar none. 

Hail. 

Pool lose the "Nobodycaresaboutthistinycompetitiontrofie" on Sunday and you can keep jeering City for going through the motions to beat a mid-table side and still root for United.  

As the United supporters (not me) said:  "We did well to avoid a top club" in the Europa draw.

Guess folks in England really don't like Pool, eh, GHH?

Munich fan sides with United fans. 

Reiterating the Augsburg fans points that he took some umbridge at. (Truth obviously hurts.). 

You really don;t have to post anything. He screws up all by his lonesome. 

Hail. 

The only bavarian I want to hear about today is the cream filling in the breakfast eclairs I just bought for my kids!

It's Cup Final day!  Everything else can wait 'til later!

COME ON YOU REDS

PROP140322-010-Cardiff_Liverpool-600x271

• Like 1

Whelp, Everton was just bought up by a rich dude. 49.9 percent currently which is majority, I imagine he will get the last .2 at some point. Only time will tell if this will be someone who will spend money on the club and bring in players or it will be the same old thing. He DID previously own part of Arsenal, hopefully he was frustrated by Wenger's lack of buying anyone.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Whelp, Everton was just bought up by a rich dude. 49.9 percent currently which is majority, I imagine he will get the last .2 at some point. Only time will tell if this will be someone who will spend money on the club and bring in players or it will be the same old thing. He DID previously own part of Arsenal, hopefully he was frustrated by Wenger's lack of buying anyone.

Was just seeing that he owns parts of 3 clubs now and used to be a United season ticket holder.

might get 4 today the way Arsenal is going

Think Arsenal will get back on terms.  De Gea is a tough nut to crack, though.

Liverpool FC @LFC 21s21 seconds ago

Today’s confirmed #LFC starting line-up and subs for the Capital One Cup final v @MCFC

CcT5irmWEAABPN7.png

I still think Firmino becomes a channel running striker.  I just do.  Especially if Sturridge is healthy.

Kop-Ice @kopice86 18s18 seconds ago

Comon you LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!

CcUHh1AWwAI7Wk1.jpg

Didn't think Marcus Rashford would be the guy to bury Arsenal's season.

Somewhere, Eden Hazard is mouthing the words "4 goals and 1 assist already".

Real talk, should've been a red at the death of the first half.  Clear hand ball to keep the goal out.

United looked like THEM today. 

On to the final, though.

Good win by United - a few more of these and it will save their coach

Arsenal - same old second half failure

Tot and LC - just making things happen and so far deserve to be at the top of the league

Bayern will win the league, but their lone weak spot was central defense, and with injuries, it is even more worrisome entering the stretch run of the Champions league.  Just don't think they can survive against Barca. and will have a hard time defending the rest of the way whoever they play.  Maybe they get lucky.

Looks like this Rashford kid rejected LP to play for United - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marcus-rashford-rejected-liverpool-join-10954380

I wanted to watch the LP vs MC match today, but not on TV locally. 

1.  Can Klopp be the savior.

2.  Will GHH explode

3.  What will DC9 say to my post

Stay tuned, and back to the LP propaganda