Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

'Propaganda?' SERIOUSLY? 

Is this an American thing of having no ****ing concept of football rivalry/ banter. ? Or does it only count as that when it comes from one of your own clubs fans?

Hail. 

GHH, this is a general soccer thread on a Redskins message board.  If this was a Liverpool site, you are 100 percent correct.  That you are a huge Liverpool fan is great, for you.  But, as I have pointed out, and clearly you don't care to listen, this is a general soccer thread where I thought people could talk about all the teams.  When I want Redskins propaganda, I go to the Stadium, after a victory on the skins best message board, just like I have done since around 1993 when I started reading on this board.

I'm out... Let's go Jets!

Again...read the post above.

You obviously sweat Liverpool.  I don't sweat Bayern Munich.

Your comment is stimply not true, but you clearly don't read what I post, so it will be what it will be.  Liverpool is one of the teams I usually watch.  I posted today because the propaganda has gotten out of hand post Klopp's arrival.  It was nice around here pre Klopp, besides the whining about Rodgers, which I never ever commented about.

Your comment is stimply not true, but you clearly don't read what I post, so it will be what it will be.  Liverpool is one of the teams I usually watch.  I posted today because the propaganda has gotten out of hand post Klopp's arrival.  It was nice around here pre Klopp, besides the whining about Rodgers, which I never ever commented about.

Again...read the post above.

You obviously sweat Liverpool.  I don't sweat Bayern Munich.

GHH, this is a general soccer thread on a Redskins message board.  If this was a Liverpool site, you are 100 percent correct.  That you are a huge Liverpool fan is great, for you.  But, as I have pointed out, and clearly you don't care to listen, this is a general soccer thread where I thought people could talk about all the teams.  When I want Redskins propaganda, I go to the Stadium, after a victory on the skins best message board, just like I have done since around 1993 when I started reading on this board.

And just when have fans of all teams not been able to talk about their sides again?

You've had some (misguided) angst, presumably down to a fellow Munich fan, and have jumped on every little back and forth like it's some personal mission you take a-front to. Whilst completely ignoring the discourse the other way. Why you've chosen to take it so personally I don't know. But to come out with the complete B/S, to be polite, you've just ranted about isn't doing you any favours. 

You want to talk about Bayern. Or German football in general. Go ahead. Nobody's stopping you. Or anyone else for that matter. But it would do you well to thicken your skin as **** flys back and forth in here between everyone. It's the nature of the game. The nature of football fans. 

You can't handle that then maybe you're best staying away. Although with every passing post it appears you can when it's from selective posters you don't mind dishing it out. 

Been a crazy weekend huh? First City, then United and Chelsea, and now L'pool failing to score and dropping bad points against teams they all never should have. 

Worst performance thus far under him. Just utterly flat and completely out of synch. Even taking into account two shocking misses from Benteke and Sturridge and a wonderful non-goal from Moreno that should of been, 1 shot on target against a bottom three side is a woefully bad day at the office. 

The only saving grace is outside of Arsenal, nobody gained anything of any significance and it's still a two game swing. 

Onto Sion and a much needed (for me personally) 3 and a bit day break around Switzerland.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I think he was talking about me.

I didn't say Barca were lucky, I said that Bayern were mired with lots of injuries and specifically how would Bayern do with a full side vs Barca minus their top 5 players.  So yes, he certainly 'embellishes', as I said Barca fully deserved to be UCL Champions.

This 'selective' memory thing ..... does it afflict you in normal life or just on here?

Hail. 

Never forget... :lol:

I'm not jealous... I just don't care.  I really don't care.

You and btfoom come in here and act like were idiots for not watching Bundesliga.

And then you come in to troll when we **** the bed.

That's about it.

Not jealous, just don't care.  I entertain your talk to try and drive discussion, but what happens in Germany doesn't effect my weekends.

First, that picture that DC9 posted was Hilarious!!  I literally spit out my beer when I read this.

I will offer this to you and any other poster here - I like to come here and have some friendly banter, but mostly be positive about my team.  I will be happy to be positive about my team and not negative about other posters/teams/leagues in any serious manner (of course, funny jabs always welcome).  I will do my best to adhere to this in the future (well, unless United or Chelski crash out of UCL, then all bets are off) :D . 

Or, if some folks here want to have a go at me or my team, that's fine as well, just know I'll come back at you 100%, so no crying or MSU.

Lastly, I really like Pool and think that Klopp is good for that team, at least for the near future.  If you watch Dortmund, you will see that his style eventually wore the players down.  I think that Pool has/can have a much deeper side and also see that Klopp has pulled back a bit, so don't see the same problem with them.  Sure there will be set-backs, heck, Bayern lost AND gave up 3 second half goals (the first conceded in the second half all season in the league), but all is not lost.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

RT @hopesolo We are the World Champions. We deserve better. Our team statement  https://t.co/0WFLXJxKWF#equality https://t.co/FUltEMWL6Q

That's on US Soccer. I get the feeling they hashed this "Victory tour" together and didn't check out locations ahead of time or send an advance team/individual to scope things out. I can imagine—a work trip to Hawaii must be a hard sell. 

It's been kind of a silly "Victory Tour" anyway—playing a bunch of cupcakes and running up scores. 

• Like 1

Ok, I get it Liverpool fans.  No issues, I see Klopp failed today against a team that had up to this point demonstrated that regulation was coming.

Just be thankful City is going through a bad stretch, United can't score and Arsenal is up and down.  And, some team out of no where sits atop the table.

But, apparently, Klopp will fix everything. 

Ok, I get it Liverpool fans. No issues, I see Klopp failed today against a team that had up to this point demonstrated that regulation was coming.

Just be thankful City is going through a bad stretch, United can't score and Arsenal is up and down. And, some team out of no where sits atop the table.

But, apparently, Klopp will fix everything.

[sarcasm]thanks for that analysis. i've learned a lot from your being here in this thread. please come back often and continue to spread your special brand of enlightenment. [/sarcasm] (you had problems picking up sarcasm the last time we interacted... hope this helps)

who here is saying "no issues?" who here is saying that klopp will fix everything (right away)? all i'm seeing here are fans calling this (correctly) as the worst performance of klopp's brief tenure. the reds were flat and terribly out of synch; they provided one of the worst teams in the league very little to worry about over the course of 90 minutes. hell, no one is really whining about a truly terrible offsides call that stole a point from liverpool because, really, they didn't deserve a point after that performance.

but all you can do is tilt at windmills as a bayern sancho to btf's quixote (who's been relatively well behaved in this loss) and decry bad behavior (should it be behaviour in this thread???) by those with red leanings. all i've seen you do is clumsily antagonize and act surprised when you get poked back. if you want to talk BL or bayern, please do so, but cut the bull****.

• Like 2

LIVERPOOL: DON'T STOP DREAMING BECAUSE OF NEWCASTLE NIGHTMARE - The Anfield WrapThe Anfield Wrap

Excellently written article that encapsulates a lot of what we've forgotten about what being a football fan should be all about.

We're right in the mix and we've as good a chance as anyone else. Where this ultimately winds up time will tell. But one ****e performance doesn't stop the belief.

Need another reaction ala after Palace. Doubt he ever again plays Allen, Lucas and Milner in the same midfield like.  :lol:.

Hail. 

Fred Jones is more black and white than a chess board.

Bro....

Read.

I don't know where you're getting all of this stuff from.

Doubt he ever again plays Allen, Lucas and Milner in the same midfield like.  :lol:.

Really got into it with someone about Allen after the Southampton match.  It's rumored that Klopp wants to bring in one of the Russian midfielders from Rubin Kazan in January.  And this guy, fresh of the only two good passes Allen has ever made with Liverpool, was out in FULL throat to dispute anything I was saying.  He was all "Joe Allen has finally figured it out under Klopp" yada yada yada.

I re-engaged him yesterday after the match and he was nice enough to concede. 

Hopefully Rodgers gets the QPR appointment before then.  That'll be a smooth 10 mil.

• Like 1

First, that picture that DC9 posted was Hilarious!!  I literally spit out my beer when I read this.

I will offer this to you and any other poster here - I like to come here and have some friendly banter, but mostly be positive about my team.  I will be happy to be positive about my team and not negative about other posters/teams/leagues in any serious manner (of course, funny jabs always welcome).  I will do my best to adhere to this in the future (well, unless United or Chelski crash out of UCL, then all bets are off) :D . 

Or, if some folks here want to have a go at me or my team, that's fine as well, just know I'll come back at you 100%, so no crying or MSU.

Lastly, I really like Pool and think that Klopp is good for that team, at least for the near future.  If you watch Dortmund, you will see that his style eventually wore the players down.  I think that Pool has/can have a much deeper side and also see that Klopp has pulled back a bit, so don't see the same problem with them.  Sure there will be set-backs, heck, Bayern lost AND gave up 3 second half goals (the first conceded in the second half all season in the league), but all is not lost.

I haven't had any bad interactions with you... even though I still have my own theories from what I understand about the "fan ownership" bit over in German football... but I digress and I am passed that.

I love the sport.  I'll watch two second tier French teams play each other.  I don't care.  Still some of the most fun I've had in my life was watching Iraq win the Asia Cup in 2006/07 while I was deployed over there.  And the quality was not great :lol: .

Liverpool fans and Arsenal fans in this thread are probably the biggest critics of their own teams. 

I don't think any Liverpool fans are "crying" right now over losing to Newcastle in December.  This one may smart in April/May, but it's not the end of the world right now.

And I definitely agree we need some depth.  The one GOOD thing Rodgers/Aiyre did this past window is re-stock the academy with a lot of young talent that I think has a legit shot to make it.  We didn't have a ton of that going before this year.  We'll see if FSG want to spend in January, hopefully they didn't just break the bank on David Price.

If the Bayern Munich fans want to see what it looks like when we cry, go check out this thread during the "Gerrard Slip" Chelsea match.

I was pretty upset.

• Like 1

Hopefully Rodgers gets the QPR appointment before then.  That'll be a smooth 10 mil.

QPR feels like a place where managers go to die right now.  They need to rebuild from that mercenary culture that's been going on the last few years, so maybe Rodgers could change that.  But Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank is now in charge and I would be surprised if they didn't give him a shot.

• Like 1

QPR feels like a place where managers go to die right now.  They need to rebuild from that mercenary culture that's been going on the last few years, so maybe Rodgers could change that.  But Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank is now in charge and I would be surprised if they didn't give him a shot.

Are they still owned by that middle eastern group from the Documentary that Brave put us all on last summer?

Hasselbank left Burton for QPR last week. 

Keep up boys haha. 

Rodgers is rumoured to be on the shortlist of three to replace Monk at Swansea. Which is a joke in itself that he's even under pressure. 

Reminds me ..... 

Approaching half way through the season. What was your forfeit again for not listening and putting it all on number 9?  :D.

Hail. 

Reminds me ..... 

Approaching half way through the season. What was your forfeit again for not listening and putting it all on number 9?  :D.

Hail. 

We didn't wager anything.  And you also called off the bet after he came off the bench for one in Russia! :lol:

It was just - "I think he scores 15" and you said "I don't think he does".

Even earlier than that you felt the need to modify the bet by saying "It has to be that many in the Premiership, not all comps". 

We didn't wager anything.  And you also called off the bet after he came off the bench for one in Russia! :lol:

It was just - "I think he scores 15" and you said "I don't think he does".

Even earlier than that you felt the need to modify the bet by saying "It has to be that many in the Premiership, not all comps". 

'Lil backtracking ****ER! He's ALWAYS been the same when he faced defeat. 

Why we could never have any board games as kids. Narky arse just can't bare to be beat!

Hail. 

Hasselbank left Burton for QPR last week. 

Keep up boys haha. 

Rodgers is rumoured to be on the shortlist of three to replace Monk at Swansea. Which is a joke in itself that he's even under pressure. 

Hey, I knew he was at QPR.  But that doesn't change the fact that QPR could can him at any minute, lol.

Silly that Monk is being thought to lose his job.  You're still Swansea, Swansea.

Hey, I knew he was at QPR.  But that doesn't change the fact that QPR could can him at any minute, lol.

Silly that Monk is being thought to lose his job.  You're still Swansea, Swansea.

Exactly. This is what, their 5th ever season in the top flight? WTF do they seriously expect?

And yeah, my bad. By 'boys', I meant to say the nitwit in the DC9 jersey. 

Hail. 

Exactly. This is what, their 5th ever season in the top flight? WTF do they seriously expect?

I can only assume that their owner plays FIFA (or Football Manager for the more cultured of us out there), where it's reasonably expected in your 5th year to be winning the Champions League.

• Like 1

'Lil backtracking ****ER! He's ALWAYS been the same when he faced defeat. 

Why we could never have any board games as kids. Narky arse just can't bare to be beat!

Hail. 

It was one very poor performance.  I think Ben could easily turn it around.  He missed a couple of runs, but Ibe did him no favors with that final ball.

The sitter can happen to anyone.  Messi missed a couple that were easier than that one against Valencia this past weekend.

And yeah, my bad. By 'boys', I meant to say the nitwit in the DC9 jersey. 

Hail. 

It's hard to keep track of the Championship when Old Bay and Martin don't show up for a while :P

Other than who is coming up, my only current interest in them is where Rodgers goes.  We need to sell of Joe Allen while he's still only two games removed from two world class assists.

Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive 2m2 minutes ago

Bayern boss Pep Guardiola could be prepared to take a 12-month break from football to make sure he lands the Man United job.

It's hard to keep track of the Championship when Old Bay and Martin don't show up for a while :P

Martin is weighted down with the responsibility in keeping us all in line now. So my bad in slacking. :P

I'm, so far, pleased with Lambert.  Team is undefeated in 3 (2 wins, 1 draw).  Been a pretty easy schedule so far and looks to continue throughout this month.  Looking better organized and a bit better work rate.  Lots of positivity around the team; not like I've seen since Mark Hughes was in charge.

Brighton Hove and Albion are undefeated so far in the league and look like they'll make the top two.  

Bolton look like they're the new Portsmouth.

Preston North End's promotion has renewed a lot of old local rivalries in the Lancashire area.

Reading sacked Steve Clarke, Gary Bowyer on the shortlist.  Good luck if you get it, Gary.