Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

We are more alike than we realise.

1-1. Literally Brazil's first chance of the game. Man, this sport can turn on nothing. Why we love it so much.  

Game on.

Hail.

The US was down to St Vincent and the Grenadines!

I couldn't come within 1000 miles of that on a map with any confidence.  But heck, we put 3 right back on them and then just added a 4th.

Jozy playing a false 9 and Bradley playing deep as an 8 (go ****ing figure...) with Bobby Wood making some runs.

Good to see the other Jurgen making some concessions, albeit against a side my High School team probably beats.

My deepest sympathies for today, brother.  You're in my thoughts.

Also seeing on LFC twitter that Martin Kelly is unaccounted for in Paris.

Thanks a lot my friend. Martin is safe, he was having diner in a restaurant a few blocks away from a site of tha attacks.

Update: Antoine Griezmann's sister was at the Bataclan, she managed to escape.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

Trying to avoid that other thread... but this is one of some of the most moving two minutes of film of all time in my opinion.

Amen brother.

That still remains VERY high in my all time top 10 favourite films of all time. Bogies Bogie, and the chemistry he had with Ingrid Bergman, who had such an understated beauty, was second only to he and Bacall.

Wonderful, timeless flick. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Amen brother.

That still remains VERY high in my all time top 10 favourite films of all time. Bogies Bogie, and the chemistry he had with Ingrid Bergman, who had such an understated beauty, was second only to he and Bacall.

Wonderful, timeless flick. 

Hail. 

Nah, I'll take Ingrid! lol

Never was a blondes-guy

• Like 1

The US was down to St Vincent and the Grenadines!

I couldn't come within 1000 miles of that on a map with any confidence.  But heck, we put 3 right back on them and then just added a 4th.

Jozy playing a false 9 and Bradley playing deep as an 8 (go ****ing figure...) with Bobby Wood making some runs.

Good to see the other Jurgen making some concessions, albeit against a side my High School team probably beats.

St Vincent and the Grenadines has a population of about 100k. It would be like going a goal down against Alexandria FC.

• Like 2

St Vincent and the Grenadines has a population of about 100k. It would be like going a goal down against Alexandria FC.

That's basically what I thought.

Though I did watch Girbraltor go up 1-0 on Portugal earlier this year.  And that was some ****... because the local fire chief was the goalkeeper.

That's basically like Mystery, Alaska if you'd ever seen it.

The important thing is that we came back and shelled them 6-1.  Dangerous precedent to play like poo against smaller teams like that until you concede....

Obviously he wasn't hanging around Birmingham.  Seems like he's been out of work for a while but it really hasn't been that long.  He'll get you guys up if he's given a leash.

Interesting slate of games this weekend.  Could see some movement if it goes well.

And Jurgen has told Sturridge he needs to see 10 days of training from him before he gets back in the 1st team.  So we'll probably need to get his replacement in January.

And Jurgen has told Sturridge he needs to see 10 days of training from him before he gets back in the 1st team.  So we'll probably need to get his replacement in January.

He's completely out of my mind. Honestly. It just is what it is. If he (ever) gets back on the pitch, great. But he's back after Origi in the queue when I'm looking at what options we have. 

And as previously mentioned, loving that Klopp won't be pressured to rush anyone back just because. You aren't match fit, no matter WHO you are, you aren't playing. Simple as. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I'm pleased with the appointment.  He was the number one rumor as soon as Bowyer was gone but I don't really trust anything until it's done.  Can't half understand what he says, though. :D

I like Lambert if for no other reason, being a staunch Rangers man, he's said he'll never manage Celtic. Even though he had the (misfortune) to play for those Irish gypos haha. 

Hail. 

Lassana Diarra lost his cousin Asta at the Bataclan.

"Des Anglais ont chanté pour nous» (Google translated)

1500 french football fans arrived in London and were very impressed by the warm welcome of the English.

I bet our natonal anthem will reach a magnitude never seen before tonite in Wembley stadium.

Get your kleenex ready Frenchies.

Thank you so much for your support, we will never forget it.

God save the Queen

french-english-flag.png

• Like 2

Just heard the Netherlands v Germany friendly has been cancelled.

The friendly encounter between Germany and Netherlands has been cancelled at the 11th hour.

The Niedersachsenstadion in Hannover was set to host the match but police confirmed just a matter of hours before kick-off that the arena had been evacuated.

Reports emerged earlier on Tuesday evening that a suspect package, said to be a suitcase, was found at the ground in the build-up.

And later police confirmed the game had been called off.

Edited by btfoom

Just heard the Netherlands v Germany friendly has been cancelled.

The friendly encounter between Germany and Netherlands has been cancelled at the 11th hour.

The Niedersachsenstadion in Hannover was set to host the match but police confirmed just a matter of hours before kick-off that the arena had been evacuated.

Reports emerged earlier on Tuesday evening that a suspect package, said to be a suitcase, was found at the ground in the build-up.

And later police confirmed the game had been called off.

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/666698740108009472

BREAKING: Reports that German police have discovered a truck bomb disguised as an ambulance near football stadium in Hanover. #GERNED
Edited by UK_HOG
  • Like 1

This was awesome.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10069697/la-marseillaise-sung-at-wembley

La Marseillaise sung by everyone at Wembley

There is one thing that I know for sure, the English will never back down from a fight and will stand with their brothers, allies, friends, etc all the way, 100%.

Sure, it would have been easy to cancel this match (and I give the FFF massive props to stay with it as well), but the FA said this to the terrorists: "Eff Eww, England will not bow down to you, will not give you and inch, will not run and hide.  We dare you to try anything as we will go on as scheduled, period.  More than that, our FA, our team, and our fans will stand right there with the French, arm in arm, and not let you scare us."

Great job by the fans (the twitter FrFan posted of the English fans, wearing shirts that support France, practicing the French Anthem was priceless).  To borrow a line from several British sides - You Will NEVER Walk Alone!!!

Great job to all involved.  And yes, God Save The Queen!!!!

• Like 2