Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I am level. Because I'm right. Because the rules say so. 

Kristian Walsh ‏@Kristian_Walsh 6m6 minutes ago

Liverpool can't recall Markovic from Fenerbahce, it seems... on the day the Serbian spoke out on Rodgers http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lazar-markovic-hits-out-brendan-10303682 …

No Arsenal forward would every famously use a hand to score a goal...

Uruguays-Luis-Suarez-Hand-Of-God.gif

First, congrats to Arsenal.  They played a very good match, especially controlling the Bayern wings.  This was, IMHO, the key to the match.  Cut-off the service to the strikers instead of trying to defend them.

I really thought Bayern would win this fairly easily because I've see several Arsenal matches.  The problem with my opinion was that this Arsenal side that won was not the Arsenal side that had played the rest of the season.  This is what Arsenal fans must dream about with this side.

Good luck this weekend and keep it up.

Bayern will be waiting in 2 weeks time.

@GHH - this part of the thread if for the Adults in the UCL (a place you can't remember doing well in since you had hair).

Luis Suarez gif

Pretty sure if Suarez was that close to goal, and trying to score, the ball will go in.

@GHH - this part of the thread if for the Adults in the UCL (a place you can't remember doing well in since you had hair).

Wait a second... you REALLY think you can try and unite the Arsenal fans against us?

You should be chapped from kissing all of the premier league ass in this thread for losing to a side that isn't the equivelant of a Scottish Premier League team.

I really thought Bayern would win this fairly easily because I've see several Arsenal matches.  The problem with my opinion was that this Arsenal side that won was not the Arsenal side that had played the rest of the season.  This is what Arsenal fans must dream about with this side.

Nah, they were playing in England.  Where we play defense and ****...

I'd love for Neuer to dribble the ball out to midfield on the regular against BPL sides :lol:

• Like 1

Pretty sure if Suarez was that close to goal, and trying to score, the ball will go in.

Wait a second... you REALLY think you can try and unite the Arsenal fans against us?

You should be chapped from kissing all of the premier league ass in this thread for losing to a side that isn't the equivelant of a Scottish Premier League team.

I have but one reply:

9  Everton                          13

10 Liverpool                       13

Nah, they were playing in England.  Where we play defense and ****... Regularly park the bus

I'd love for Neuer to dribble the ball out to midfield on the regular against BPL sides  :lol:

...because he'd be the second best dribbler on Pool.

Edited by btfoom

Munich never have beaten us in that competition either. 

Despite their outright arrogance (what, Bayern being arrogant. That'd never happen with their fans. Oh, wait ..... ) in 1981 in printing directions to Paris and putting them on the seats in the Olympic Stadium before the semi. All with young Howard Gaye and Richard Mooney having to play for L'pool too. 

Never mind having hair. One day in your lifetime you might actually manage to do what you still haven't. Beat that 'small team' that's one of of only 5 in the World to actually own a European Cup. 

Hopefully not in next years Super Cup as you're good at loosing those to us to. 

Hail. 

I have but one reply:

9  Everton                          13

10 Liverpool                       13

...because he'd be the second best dribbler on Pool.

This is your reply to the lack of depth in the Bundisliga? :lol:

You do have a 5th ammendment right in America, you know?

• Like 1

Looks like Origi is the only striker option again tomorrow. 

Worrying as we need goals. But far less worrying than it was a couple of weeks back now he's being shown faith and played in his proper position. Thought he looked a lot better Saturday overall without being a big threat. Ran the channels well and knew when to come back and help out. 

Looking forward to seeing another step forward and a little bit more after another 4 days with his new players getting across his philosophy. 

Confident of the first European win of the season. Certainly won't be for the lack of effort on or off the pitch. Should be bouncing his first home game.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Can I brag to Dallas fans about beating them in '82?

I never tried that

Do Eagles fans brag to us about the Super Bowls they've won?

Jurgen Presser

GREAT shot at fat **** Hodgson... Been waiting for BR to do that for years... it took Jurgen two weeks.

How many of our players have been hurt under Hodgson while on England duty... I'm sure it's just a coincidence it's all LFC players.

He also is the one who filled Sterling's head full of nonsense.

• Like 1

GREAT shot at fat **** Hodgson... Been waiting for BR to do that for years... it took Jurgen two weeks.

How many of our players have been hurt under Hodgson while on England duty... I'm sure it's just a coincidence it's all LFC players.

He also is the one who filled Sterling's head full of nonsense.

Is rite lil' bro'. 

Absolute disgrace how they handled Rossiter. 

Bit testy that one from Jurgen wasn't it? Love it!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Is rite lil' bro'. 

Absolute disgrace how they handled Rossiter. 

Bit testy that one from Jurgen wasn't it? Love it!

Hail. 

I'll tell you, I got so pissed when I heard that news right at the end of the break (and right after Gomez and Ings)... it's ****ing ridiculous.

He cost us Sturridge more of last year and Sterling for all intents and purposes.

Something needed to be said and I'm glad he said it.

And we both know Hodgson won't say anything right now unless he's an idiot.  **** him.

• Like 1

This is your reply to the lack of depth in the Bundisliga? :lol:

You do have a 5th ammendment right in America, you know?

And you should't keep repeating that same, tired old crap that gets written in the tabloids.  

As for this fallacy, here's the cold, hard reallity.

In the last 10 years, there have only been 6 different English sides to play in the UCL - even though  you get 4 spots (Big 4 + Pool + Spurs).  In that time, despite getting only 3 teams in until 3 years ago, BL has had 9 different teams in the UCL.  Since EPL has started, only 5 different sides (Big 4 + Blackburn) has won the league, while BL has had 6 different winners.

So, more teams win the trophy, more teams get into the top level, and BL doesn't have 'depth'?

Sorry, but if your side isn't from Manchester (Blue or Red) or London (Arsenal or Chelski), you start the season knowing there is NO chance to win and very little chance to move into top 4 (unless one of the top 4 screw up - not you do well).  In BL, that isn't the case.

Bottom half of EPL are no different than the top 10 in the Championship.  Put them all in a bag, grab 10, and you get the exact same kind of football from any of them.  BL sides, top to bottom, play good, skilled, paced game.

But hey, who are you going to believe?  The real, historic numbers or Page 6 in the Mirror?

Munich never have beaten us in that competition either. 

Despite their outright arrogance (what, Bayern being arrogant. That'd never happen with their fans. Oh, wait ..... ) in 1981 in printing directions to Paris and putting them on the seats in the Olympic Stadium before the semi. All with young Howard Gaye and Richard Mooney having to play for L'pool too. 

Never mind having hair. One day in your lifetime you might actually manage to do what you still haven't. Beat that 'small team' that's one of of only 5 in the World to actually own a European Cup. 

Hopefully not in next years Super Cup as you're good at loosing those to us to. 

Hail. 

Wow, mate, you and your "lil bro" really fall under the category 'Can Dish It Out, but can't take it' category.

I have some fun with you and you both really get upset.

Let's have a nice response.

First, if you want to live in the past, I'll take Bayern's trophy case over your's, no problem.

League:  Bayern - 25  Pool - 18

League Cups:  Bayern - 17   Pool - 15 (FA 7, League 8)

UCL/European Cup:  Bayern 5 (and 5 runner up)  Pool 5 (and 2)

So domestically and abroad, Bayern are better.

But, you say Bayern haven't beaten Pool in Europe.  Well, they haven't beaten Maccabi Tel Aviv or Bate.  Why do I mention them, well, they are in UCL and Pool are not.  Pool haven't been relevant in Europe for over 10 years.  Meanwhile, in that same time, Bayern have won the title (2013) and been in the finals.  For the last 4 years, they have been in 2 finals and 2 semi-finals.  Only other team that can say that is Barca.  

And, as far as arrogant.  There are 2 posters here who seem to think they basically own the place and all should bow down to them.  As for the fans, I could point out many times when Pool fans have been arrogant, but the bottom line is that all sides have arrogant fans, decent fans, and timid fans.  At least here, when Bayern lose, I come in and give props to the other team.  I only take shots at those who take shots at me first.  Go back, read some of the posts here, and tell me who comes off more arrogant?

Edited by btfoom

This man and this City were made for each other. He ****ing gets it!

"This is my first time as manager of Liverpool for a game at Anfield and it is something that will be very important for me and my staff.

You [the fans] have a vital role to play in what we are looking to achieve. You are a very special group of supporters and the atmosphere you create is unique.

I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things.

We must all stay together and look to enjoy the experience of following such a great club.

Football should be about joy and fun and that must be reflected throughout the entire organisation.

The team will go out and battle for you and look to represent you, the club and the city in how we approach our work: this is my commitment"

He is the new Shankly.

Hail.

The last 10 years of Bundesliga....

2005 - Munich

2006 - Stuggart

2007- Munich

2008 - Wolfsburg

2009 - Munich

2010 - Dortmund

2011 - Dortmund

2012 - Munich

2013 - Munich

2014 - Munich

So 60% of the Championships in the last 10 years have gone to Bayern Munich.  And 2 of the 4 that they didn't win they finished 2nd...

For ****s lets compare that to the Scottish Premier League...

2005 - Celtic

2006 - Celtic

2007 - Celtic

2008 - Rangers

2009 - Rangers

2010 - Rangers

2011 - Celtic

2012 - Celtic

2013 - Celtic

2014 - Celtic

So that's 70% for Celtic... or 1 more championship than Munich has.