Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

By teh way the TV coverage is first rate out here in terms of the range of games they show from the major European Leagues with the Premier League getting by far the most coverage. The studio team is Richard Keys and Andy Gray who have not got any better than when they were at Sky (but whoes views on women fit in better in this part of the world).

Oh they LOVE their football.  I used to go to the barber shop two to three times a week (when I was deployed to Iraq) cause they had cable just so that I could watch Liverpool play.  I also became a huge fan of the Iraq national team that year, can't remember if they won the Aisa cup or not but I'm pretty sure they made the finals (2006-07). 

EDIT:  Yeah, they did win in 07.  I remember watching the semi final, which went to pens, in the barber shop.  I was the only American in there, but that was so awesome watching what that meant to them.

Edited by DC9

I mean he's been their best player since he's been back

I really don't the criticism he gets

because English fans just dont understand hte type of player he is.

Dude got 2 assists, had 5 chances yesterday, and completed the most passes in the final 3rd and apparently he wasnt good enough.

And this is for a team that is not suited to him at all since we play this slow confused attack. Ozil is a counter attacker and the match was more closed off than free flowing.

The man has been magnificent on the pitch since his return.

Coquelin isnt good enough for a team to challenge for a title but damn if he isnt a warrior.

Gabriel had a really good match as well, after the shaky play. Ospina was good too.

• Like 1

he da bess mang

We're both right -

B_GmMbdW0AA5KNW.png

Not sure Murray gets it for me.  Wasn't he off by the 75'?

Rooney certainly not.  Berahino should be in there for Rooney.  I'd let Murray go cause he got two against Southampton. 

• Like 1

because English fans just dont understand hte type of player he is.

Dude got 2 assists, had 5 chances yesterday, and completed the most passes in the final 3rd and apparently he wasnt good enough.

And this is for a team that is not suited to him at all since we play this slow confused attack. Ozil is a counter attacker and the match was more closed off than free flowing.

The man has been magnificent on the pitch since his return.

Coquelin isnt good enough for a team to challenge for a title but damn if he isnt a warrior.

Gabriel had a really good match as well, after the shaky play. Ospina was good too.

Couldn't agree more.

The English media loves players who run around at 90 miles an hour at all times (See Ramsey).  They feel the touch, finesse players are too weak or passive to play the game.  Notice that City depends on Silva, Chelsea on Hazard, and Pool is at its best with Coutinho, so hopefully they start to appreciate skilled players, even if they aren't 6 foot 2, 190 lbs.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

The English media loves players who run around at 90 miles an hour at all times (See Ramsey).  They feel the touch, finesse players are too weak or passive to play the game.  Notice that City depends on Silva, Chelsea on Hazard, and Pool is at its best with Coutinho, so hopefully they start to appreciate skilled players, even if they aren't 6 foot 2, 190 lbs.

excellent point

and not just what you said, but Ozil is a guy who is sneaky. His game is really predicated on good movement from his attackers but also from himself. He seems like he is drifting but is really weaving for space.

That moving around moves defenders and creates space for others to do their moves.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

Yes because the press have been hammering Hazard and Sanchez all season ...and Coutinho. Oil had a bad patch then got injured. He's back playing well now. No mystery, conspiracy or idiot fans/media needed to explain it.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

I think you need to know who to listen to and why they are saying what they are saying.

I've never heard anyone bashing Hazard for his play.  He is a top 5 player in the premier league in my opinion (might be the best).

A lot of it is shtick.  Don't take it personally.

• Like 1

I wonder if he's related to Graham Rix? (Ex Arsenal legend convicted of having sex with a 15 year old ..... 'But she looked 18 dolled up Your Honour!'

That all lead to the very humorous chant from Hibbs fans during Rix's short managerial spell at rivals Hearts 'If you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next' after the classic Manics song of nearly the same name.

Hail.

• Like 1

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 2m2 minutes ago

Liverpool U21s have beaten Chelsea 2-0 - Harry Wilson and Jerome Sinclair scored the goals.

Jerome Sinclair. Again. Never seen him play, but I've his future self is ridiculous on FIFA, and apparently his present self is murdering the U-21s in England.

GHH, is it worth it for this kid to get a call.

Sinclair?

Funnily enough there was an article on him in the local paper a week or so back before the Youth Lge loss to Benfica saying how he's learning a ton from Robbie Fowler who's been taking sessions. (He was the joint second highest scorer in the tournament at the time.).

Don't see how he could be any worse than Lambert or Borini.

Hail.

• Like 1

Sinclair?

Funnily enough there was an article on him in the local paper a week or so back before the Youth Lge loss to Benfica saying how he's learning a ton from Robbie Fowler who's been taking sessions. (He was the joint second highest scorer in the tournament at the time.).

Don't see how he could be any worse than Lambert or Borini.

Hail.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1