Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Woe is us. Such is the life of a Gooner/Skins fan.

At least a 2-0 result away at Monaco isn't completely inconceivable.

Here comes FrFan to told us he warned us about celebrating the Monaco draw :lol:

SHOULD HAVE STARTED OX! Welbeck DOES NOT cut it on the wings.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

At least a 3-0 result away at Monaco isn't completely inconceivable.

Here comes FrFan to told us he warned us about celebrating the Monaco draw :lol:

Well, thanks to the Ox we'll only need a 2-0 lead, which still doesn't appear likely with the way we're playing on both ends.

Nevermind, it doesn't matter, this team is a joke.

That's a huge problem, which falls squarely on Wegner.

There's no reason why they should be terrified of the bright lights. This team has an abundance of talent and can play with almost any team in the world, but yet like you said they don't show it on the CL stage. I don't know how Arsenal expect to keep or recruit talent like Sanchez when it seems like Wegner's content with a top four finish in the EPL and making it out of the group stage in CL.

I don't see why ownership is still sticking with Wegner, his teams have won 1 FA Cup title in the last decade. That's nowhere near enough for him to keep his job as long as he has.

When you fail and fail constantly on the big stage, it gets in your head

Case in point

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

At least a 2-0 result away at Monaco isn't completely inconceivable.

SHOULD HAVE STARTED OX! Welbeck DOES NOT cut it on the wings.

Here you go my friend ;)

I think it's time to part ways with Arsene.

Let's see what Arsenal can do in Monaco

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

RawBBQSauce, on 11 Dec 2014 - 3:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Crossing my fingers we get Monaco. That would be cool for AW, too.

Be aware what you wish for. Monaco's defense is getting better, history shows that ManU and Chelsea paid the price for having underestimated them.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

ARS3NAL!

Did you not witness the big heaping dose of karma that occurred here today? Certain fans of a team in red were mocking a team in a much better shade of red because they were playing in a lesser tournament. Karma decided that the boys in that ugly shade of red should lose soundly at home. I don't want to tempt the football gods. I will not mock another teams flameout...Especially not now since my team has been playing fantastic as of late... Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

Did you not witness the big heaping dose of karma that occurred here today? Certain fans of a team in red were mocking a team in a much better shade of red because they were playing in a lesser tournament. Karma decided that the boys in that ugly shade of red should lose soundly at home. I don't want to tempt the football gods. I will not mock another teams flameout...Especially not now since my team has been playing fantastic as of late...

Karma? You do realize that GHH started the whole thing by taking a needless shot at arsenal?

No one was worried about Liverpool. We never say **** about Liverpool because we aren't concerned with them at the moment

I usually don't mind it but the Liverpool circle jerk in this thread is ridiculous at times.

I just really hope you guys win the Eastern Europe World Title or at least finish top 4... I do

Cuz if you don't, I'm gonna be cooking all of your asses.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 2

I'll never change who I am as a fan.  It sucks when my teams lose, but it's border-line unbearable for others when my team wins (if I want to be).

I love my teams, all of them.  They are a part of who I am and what I do each day (for instance, I never wear blue, never wear green, I never combine black and gold - which is hard as I'm in the Army, I never drink blue or green Gatorade/Vit Water, etc, etc).

But as a Liverpool fan, as with most fan bases, certain things are expected of you and I'm more than happy to deliver.  Top two being I'll always support my team and my fellow supporters, and if I need to take an ass beating on my own (even proverbially) then I will take it, but I'm taking it swinging.

• Like 1

Karma? You do realize that GHH started the whole thing by taking a needless shot at arsenal?

No one was worried about Liverpool. We never say **** about Liverpool because we aren't concerned with them at the moment

I usually don't mind it but the Liverpool circle jerk in this thread is ridiculous at times.

I just really hope you guys win the Eastern Europe World Title or at least finish top 4... I do

Cuz if you don't, I'm gonna be cooking all of your asses.

The funny thing is we are all Skins fans. Most of us are Wizard fans, Caps fans, Maryland fans, Nats fans, O's fans, or some combination of the above. We are all used to being bitterly disappointed. We have all had our hearts ripped out and shown to us. You really can't hurt my feelings about sports, my teams will do that for you.

For the record, I was just making a joke. I don't care who started, finished or continued the back and forth between everyone.

• Like 1

dude, I dont mind the gloating. Thats the thing. I had the most fun on here watching Arsenal collapse last year and yo guys jumping in and making fun of us and then you guys going on that run. Then it all fell off and I got my shots off.

I don't care at all. That's why im thoroughly confused by GHH's posts. I thought it was fun and games until he got pissed.

IM not taking it serious at all.

like this post

what exactly is he doing here?

This working for you yet Joe?

Turning your own actions back on to someone else amd screaming 'look, it's the big bad man that did it!'

But hey, consider this me pissed and trolling.

That's the current rhetoric right?

Hail.

I make that every English club out.

City and Arsenal need a miracle, and I can see PSG scoring at the Bridge.

Liverpool and Everton the only English clubs still standing come the draw is my prediction.

Hail.

I'll take that action.

Chelsea gets a pen, for me.

B-vCq4RW8AEoi0c.png

The Premiership is a bloated carcass. All of these teams suck.

I also think thats the end of the Giroud era at ARsenal. Wumger gonna have to buy a forward this summer.

Also, how funny was the last goal from Carassco. First his selfishness throughout the match was funny but when Ox messed up and dude was free on goal, when he scored I laughed. It was hilarious.

ARS3NAL!

ARS3NAL1

fixed

• Like 1

I'll never change who I am as a fan.  It sucks when my teams lose, but it's border-line unbearable for others when my team wins (if I want to be).

I love my teams, all of them.  They are a part of who I am and what I do each day (for instance, I never wear blue, never wear green, I never combine black and gold - which is hard as I'm in the Army, I never drink blue or green Gatorade/Vit Water, etc, etc).

But as a Liverpool fan, as with most fan bases, certain things are expected of you and I'm more than happy to deliver.  Top two being I'll always support my team and my fellow supporters, and if I need to take an ass beating on my own (even proverbially) then I will take it, but I'm taking it swinging.

Proud to call you one of my own lil' bro'.

*But let's never forget Mom likes me best as she blessed me with this cool ass accent.  ;).

And I like you guys, but **** your club

You understand right? Lol

We understand A and the feelings mutual. On both counts  :P.

You just need to explain how this works to some of your more over sensitive brethren.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I make that every English club out.

City and Arsenal need a miracle, and I can see PSG scoring at the Bridge.

Liverpool and Everton the only English clubs still standing come the draw is my prediction.

Hail.

Chelsea to go through for me. 

The Premiership is a bloated carcass. All of these teams suck.

Slight over reaction right here I would say ...

• Like 1

Slight over reaction right here I would say ...

I agree.  I think our bottom half of the table could compete and stomp any bottom halves in Europe (or anywhere).

But outside of Chelsea and City when in form, there is no real threat to flirt with Barca, Real, Bayern, etc.

I think if Arsenal had a veteran presence in the midfield or up front they may fair better in the bigger games.  They don't have a Steve Gerrard who can relax the players.

I agree.  I think our bottom half of the table could compete and stomp any bottom halves in Europe (or anywhere).

But outside of Chelsea and City when in form, there is no real threat to flirt with Barca, Real, Bayern, etc.

I think if Arsenal had a veteran presence in the midfield or up front they may fair better in the bigger games.  They don't have a Steve Gerrard who can relax the players.

I think thats a fair assessment of the Premier League. More depth than any other league in Europe but not quite the quality at the very top. Chelsea are the cream of the crop right now for me and the only team that can really compete with the very best in Europe but even they are short of the class of a Real or Barca and possibly Bayern as well.

On Arsenal their issues for me are the spine of the team. Goalkeeper - Centre half - ball winning midfield player - striker. 

for those of you who were wondering what GHH looks like...

If I didn't know for a fact that he's 102 years old and had already graduated high school twice by the time I was born, I would assume it's that dude to the back right with the "this mother ****er" look on his face :lol:

• Like 1