Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike 2-a-days: Redskins Prediction

MattFancy

So Mike and Mike do their 2-a-days where they cover 2 teams a day and predict their record for the season. They both picked the Redskins to go 10-6! I believe they did the Eagles last week and said they would go 8-8 and 7-9. So looks like they are going against the grain of the media and saying we will be greatly improved and be a playoff team! :cheers:

Also, if you missed it the first time around, it should be on again later in the show towards the end I believe.

So Mike and Mike do their 2-a-days where they cover 2 teams a day and predict their record for the season. They both picked the Redskins to go 10-6! I believe they did the Eagles last week and said they would go 8-8 and 7-9. So looks like they are going against the grain of the media and saying we will be greatly improved and be a playoff team! :cheers:

Also, if you missed it the first time around, it should be on again later in the show towards the end I believe.

Awesome! I wanted to hear it, but they didn't discuss it in my drive to work. What else did they say besides predicting the record?

Awesome! I wanted to hear it, but they didn't discuss it in my drive to work. What else did they say besides predicting the record?

I caught the tail end of it and only heard them predict the record. Chances are they mentioned something about McNabb, Haynesworth, the RBs, and probably Shanahan. But I'm sure they'll play it again towards the end of the show. They usually do.

Next question: Is 10-6 good enough for a wild card?

I think it could be. I feel like the teams battling for a wild card spot will be Skins, Eagles, Giants, Falcons, Packers/Vikings. So if we go 10-6, that most likely will be better than the Eagles and Giants. So it comes down to the Falcons and Packers/Vikings. Seeing as we play the Packers and Vikings, wins against them will be nice to have for tie breaker purposes.

Yeah yeah yeah. Proof is in the puddin. Predictions predicitions, predictions, yall get too hung up on what everyone else thinks. What do you think?

I think we'll be a more disciplined team that will need to grow into both its new schemes on offense and defense this year. 10-6?

Not without a lot of luck.

Instant gratification is not a term to be used in the NFL with as many variables as there are especially with all the change as of late.... haven't any of you learned this yet?

I predict the recent changes being simple steps in the right direction for long term change in how the organization is run. That's about as far as I'll stick my neck out for this team....

Ten and six could encompass winning the division, no need for a wild card. I believe thatwe will sweep Philly and split with Dallas and NY. I think we can win our division, and thats all thatreally matters. 6 games.

Ten and six could encompass winning the division, no need for a wild card. I believe thatwe will sweep Philly and split with Dallas and NY. I think we can win our division, and thats all thatreally matters. 6 games.

i agree sweeping philly would be very pivotal to getting intot he palyoffs and i would love to see the skins swep the gmen as well

just cause they have owned the skins for to damn long i still get pissed at that monday night game from last year

I was certainly surprised, but let's get real for a second.

This is a time-filler. They know a medium amount about a lot of teams. I'm sure they know more about the Bills, for example, than most people on this board. But master of none (except the Jets). I would venture to say 95% of the regular visitors here know a lot more about the Redskins than M&M do.

All this talk about "Mike Shanahan's offense" and they didn't even bother to mention Kyle Shanahan, who a lot of knowledgeable football folk think was the best move we made all offseason...

I was certainly surprised, but let's get real for a second.

This is a time-filler. They aren't all that knowledgeable about our team (though they did talk about Torain in the post-2 a day discussion).

All this talk about "Mike Shanahan's offense" and they didn't even bother to mention Kyle Shanahan, who a lot of knowledgeable football folk think was the best move we made all offseason.

Yeah it doesn't mean much, but it is nice to hear someone in the media and on ESPN talking good about the Skins. Will we be 10-6? I have no idea and I don't think anyone knows right now. But I do believe we'll be improved and wouldn't be shocked to see us battling for a wild card spot.

Chances are they mentioned something about McNabb, Haynesworth, the RBs, and probably Shanahan.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. They also talked about Orakpo having a huge season this year and making a lot of waves.

Later, they had Stink Schlereth on and he said he thinks Torrain or another runningback (besides the trio of Portis, Johnson, and Parker) will emerge as the biggest threat.

Herm Edwards also likes the skins, talked about McNabb finally having a run game and finally throwing from a variety of dirrefent drops and rolls.

After Golic said "I have them with a huge turn around at 10-6" then Greeney said "I can't believe we have the same pick again" I preactically yelled and pumped my fist in the middle of traffic. It was awesome.

It was nice to hear....those 2 have been Skins bashers over the years, so to be honest I was shocked. They raved about Shanahan and how he will help out McNabb. They seemed to like what we have done since last season. They were VERY complementative of our Skins. One of their quotes was "Portis will have a huge year"....I havent heard that in a long time.

Wow, that's surprising.

I don't necessarily disagree with them -- I think the team will be capable of 10-6, but things would have to go very well on all fronts, little to no injuries, great offensive line play, great team defense, guys stepping up at key positions and having big years, etc.

I still think it's gonna be a 8-8'ish record,....plus or minus 1 win.

10-6 is a bit optimistic for me. I've been optimistic too often with this team. I'll predict 8-8 and hope for better.

I'm with you. I just think it's an awful lot to expect a team with so many changes to establish continuity right away. I think we'll stumble out of the gate, have really good mid-season success and then fizzle out late due to our lack of youth at RB/d-line, not to mention our lack of depth overall.

I'm looking at 7-9 to 9-7 which will be a marked improvement over last season and will at least serve notice that we are on the right track.

If everything falls into place, this team can hit 10-6 or 11-5. Many are wondering if we can get a wild card, I must be a homer because I think we will be fighting for the NFC East Title. I feel this is going to be a very good and professional team with our new coaches, and a very dangerous team with the new leaders and competition on the field. Anything under 10-6 will be a disappointment for me.

Archived