Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike 2-a-days: Redskins Prediction

MattFancy

The closer the season gets the more things come into focus for me. I don't believe the rosey outlook of 10-6 is in our future and we are going to be lucky to win 7 games. You have to consider the schedule to make a prediction:

I see 3 games there that are gimmie games imo. They are the Rams, the Bucs, and the Lions. The rest of that schedule is brutal. I'd love to see us go 10-6 but I really don't see how the hell we can. Teams we play on the rise Tennessee and Chicago are going to be brutal. Teams good enough to beat us Giants, Eagles, Jacksonville, and Houston are going to be very tough. And look at the elite teams we are going to play...Dallas 2ce, Indy, Minnesota, and Green Bay? How can anyone predict we are going 10-6 this year?

I hope like hell I'm wrong. We were 4-12 last year, to me going 7-9 with our schedule would be awesome to me and I promise to be very happy with it. I just can't see us winning 10 games without some injuries and lucky bounces.

We learned last year that there are no "gimme games".

Last year Zorn had the game plan to do just enough to win and try not to lose approach regardless of the competition.

I think Mike, Kyle and Jim will approach the games much differently. Dominate the weaker teams and go tooth and nail with the stronger teams. If it is 21-0 we will fight to make it 28-0 instead of shutting down the offense and expecting our defense to hang until the end.

Looking at the schedule is foolish. You never know who will be good and who will suck. The Saints won the Super Bowl a year after not even making the playoffs. The Bengals won the division, sweeping their rivals(including the defending SB champion Steelers)a year after going 3-13 and 0-6 in the division. On the flipside the Giants and Titans went from being the #1 seed in their respective conferences in 2008 to missing the playoffs.

Moss and Thomas are that deep threat. We never saw it because JC17 was pure **** at throwing the ball deep. One of McNabb's better qualities is throwing the deep ball, so that seems to be covered.

Well, considering DT is third team on the depth chart, I find that a little hard to believe...our deep threats currently consist of Moss and Galloway. Forgive me for being skeptical about our long range threat.

We learned last year that there are no "gimme games".

You learned that. What I learned last year was how certain you can be that bad coaching loses gimmie games. Our coaching staff will not lose to the Rams, Lions, or Bucs this year I will put a months paycheck on that. You obviously think that Jim Zorn was not the piece of garbage that he really was, sorry to bust that bubble but Zorn was/is/always will be a terrible coach. The gimmie games we lost last year were winable with a competant coaching staff but you take a Jim Zorn and a Greg Blache and you'll see the team lose to the Lions like we did. If this coaching staff loses to the Rams, Lions, and Bucs then this was a failure in my opinion. Good coaches win the games they were supposed to and bad coaches lose winnable game they shouldn't

Last year Zorn had the game plan to do just enough to win and try not to lose approach regardless of the competition.

Which explains why the dude went from the top guy our team one year to the QB coach on another team the next. Talk about a fall from the top :ols: Jim Zorn's a terrible head coach bottom line and he's gone, what does that have to do with the Shanny's? If your saying that Zorn = Mike Shannahan then you need to step away from the keyboard now, that's an insult.

I think Mike, Kyle and Jim will approach the games much differently. Dominate the weaker teams and go tooth and nail with the stronger teams. If it is 21-0 we will fight to make it 28-0 instead of shutting down the offense and expecting our defense to hang until the end.

For sure. Good coaches don't believe that you should ever let off the gas when your moving. If we can we will beat a team 52-7 believe that. The one thing that scares the heck out of me is that you play how you practice so thinking that the practices are soft means we might be soft this year. I hope the men can turn it on when needed. But even if we are a soft team aint no way in hell we lose to the Rams/Lions/Bucs this year. We will smash those fools

Looking at the schedule is foolish. You never know who will be good and who will suck. The Saints won the Super Bowl a year after not even making the playoffs. The Bengals won the division, sweeping their rivals(including the defending SB champion Steelers)a year after going 3-13 and 0-6 in the division. On the flipside the Giants and Titans went from being the #1 seed in their respective conferences in 2008 to missing the playoffs.

Oh please. So looking at a schedule is dumb so what your suggesting is going off of feel only?

Calling Mrs Cleo...come in Mrs Cleo....

You need to look at the schedule, how teams finished out last season, what they did in the offseason, who they added, etc. The question here you missed is Mike and Mike said we will go 10-6 this year. That's ok to say, it means nothing and is just an opinion. I don't see how the hell I could say the same thing when I consider the schedule but hey it's a free world. You can say we go 16-0 and I hope your right, I can say I think we go 7-9 and still I'd hope your right. Those are just opinions man, but to say forget the schedule is silly

Teams rise and fall every year, but most of the time it's predictable. When the Pats lost Brady in the first game of the year they went from Superbowl contender to unknown but because one guy doesn't just make a team they still finished with an 11-5 record. That was predictable when you consider who they play against. They play the Bills, the Dolphins, and the Jets two times a year. For most of the decade that was 6 gimmie games a season. We on the other hand play 6 games against some of the best teams in the league and can't just have a padded recorded every year like some teams (ie Chargers playing that cupcake schedule every year etc.)

Hey this is preseason. I expect to when 16 games in the regular season, have a nice cooshy by and home field advantage for the playoffs and then win 3 more in a row to take the Super Bowl Title.

Every year I expect to win it all. Though reality is usually different, if you ask me for a non fan view, realistic record prediction I'd probably say in the range of 11-5 to 9-7

All this talk about "Mike Shanahan's offense" and they didn't even bother to mention Kyle Shanahan, who a lot of knowledgeable football folk think was the best move we made all offseason...

A great move but not because he's Kyle Shananan. Having been immersed in his dad's offense since he was in his early teens, it allows Mike to do his HC duties without having to split his time doing OC duties as well.

We haven't seen Kyle's potential as his own man yet. We have seen that he does have a great grasp of his father's offense though.

Archived