Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike 2-a-days: Redskins Prediction

MattFancy

You guys still care what these guys think? I don't. Like someone mentioned, they didn't bring up Kyle Shanahan once. Stink said we'd be 8-8. So who's right? No one knows. Maybe they're both wrong and we go 11-5, 9-7 or 7-9.

Maybe we don't care what you think either :silly:

Its just a conversation starter. No one knows how the season will play out. But like I said, its just nice to hear some good things about the team. After not getting much respect over the last few years, its nice that some people in the media are giving us respect.

You guys still care what these guys think? I don't. Like someone mentioned, they didn't bring up Kyle Shanahan once. Stink said we'd be 8-8. So who's right? No one knows. Maybe they're both wrong and we go 11-5, 9-7 or 7-9.

I think that people are excited to see some media members predicting a positive outcome for us. Too many times in the past the fan base has been optimistic about the outcome; an optimism not shared by the nationwide media.

Maybe we don't care what you think either :silly:

Its just a conversation starter. No one knows how the season will play out. But like I said, its just nice to hear some good things about the team. After not getting much respect over the last few years, its nice that some people in the media are giving us respect.

Respect is something you earn. The problem with some of you guys is that you want it handed to you.

Respect is something you earn. The problem with some of you guys is that you want it handed to you.

Well it looks like we're earning respect since we have a legit NFL head coach and a legit NFL QB. Obviously we're earning some respect since the media think we'll be a much improved team. Don't be all doom and gloom all the time.

Well it looks like we're earning respect since we have a legit NFL head coach and a legit NFL QB. Obviously we're earning some respect since the media think we'll be a much improved team. Don't be all doom and gloom all the time.

Nobody is being doom and gloom. IMO, you earn respect by "WINNING." This team got a lot of praise when we hired Spurrier and when Gibbs came back. So excuse me for not doing backflips because M&M predicts us to go 10-6.

Nobody is being doom and gloom. IMO, you earn respect by "WINNING." This team got a lot of praise when we hired Spurrier and when Gibbs came back. So excuse me for not doing backflips because M&M predicts us to go 10-6.

I'm not saying get excited because someone predicted us to go 10-6. But its nice to see that the media is being optimistic about our chances this season.

I'm not saying get excited because someone predicted us to go 10-6. But its nice to see that the media is being optimistic about our chances this season.

Again, like someone already said, M&M probably know less about the Skins than me or you so there opinions really don't matter to me. What if they said that we'll go 6-10? Then everybody would be saying they're idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

Again, like someone already said, M&M probably know less about the Skins than me or you so there opinions really don't matter to me. What if they said that we'll go 6-10? Then everybody would be saying they're idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

I mean they're predictions, so its whatever. Like I said, this was just something to talk about on here. I thought most people would like to see that we're starting to get respect.

Well, predictions are like...well you know, everybody has one. I am glad that they are putting so much faith in Shany and McNabb but they also predicted the Raiders to go 9-7. Hmmm...

I've always wondered when M&M does their predictions if they actually look at that teams schedule. To be honest, Oakland will be a much improved team from last year. They went 5-11 and had awful QB play last year. They have an significant upgrade at the QB position. They have some weapons on offense and they have a good defense. I would think a 9-7 record would actually fit that team. But then you look at their schedule, and guessing what you know about the teams they are playing, you can't come up with more than 6 wins.

It's all a crap shoot anyway. But saying that Oakland is a 9-7 team isn't that far of a stretch.

I mean they're predictions, so its whatever. Like I said, this was just something to talk about on here. I thought most people would like to see that we're starting to get respect.

Most people do like the fact thet we're getting more respect. But I'm more of a "actions speak louder than words" type of guy. I like what we've done, but I won't be satisfied until I see results on the field.

I've always wondered when M&M does their predictions if they actually look at that teams schedule.

That's funny...I have no issues with any specific prediction. But I find myself wondering if the records they predict are all even possible. What I mean is, do all 32 records = an overall .500 record or so they give everyone "favorable" records?

IMO in order to truly have a playoff caliber team our offense must be perfectly balanced in terms of long, medium and short range passing abilities plus have a solid run game. I think we'll have the running game, and the medium/short range esp with 2 solid TE's, however without the consistent deep threat, teams can continue to play us close to the LOS and limit us to short yardage pickups. We want them to give us those cushions to open up that medium range & running game.

That's funny...I have no issues with any specific prediction. But I find myself wondering if the records they predict are all even possible. What I mean is, do all 32 records = an overall .500 record or so they give everyone "favorable" records?

I think I heard them explaining last week that they do make an effort to make the math work. Well, more likely, they have somebody help them making the math work. It would be interesting to see when they are done if it indeed, all adds up.

IMO in order to truly have a playoff caliber team our offense must be perfectly balanced in terms of long, medium and short range passing abilities plus have a solid run game. I think we'll have the running game, and the medium/short range esp with 2 solid TE's, however without the consistent deep threat, teams can continue to play us close to the LOS and limit us to short yardage pickups. We want them to give us those cushions to open up that medium range & running game.

Moss and Thomas are that deep threat. We never saw it because JC17 was pure **** at throwing the ball deep. One of McNabb's better qualities is throwing the deep ball, so that seems to be covered.

I think I heard them explaining last week that they do make an effort to make the math work. Well, more likely, they have somebody help them making the math work. It would be interesting to see when they are done if it indeed, all adds up.

The Sports Guy (on ESPN) noticed this I think last year, that his predictions came out to be something like an average of 10.5-5.5 for any given season, so he reworked his system and now he makes sure it's 8-8 now.

The closer the season gets the more things come into focus for me. I don't believe the rosey outlook of 10-6 is in our future and we are going to be lucky to win 7 games. You have to consider the schedule to make a prediction:

Sep 12 Dallas 8:20pm

Sep 19 Houston 4:15pm

Sep 26 @St. Louis 4:05pm

Oct 3 @Philadelphia 4:15pm

Oct 10 Green Bay 1:00pm

Oct 17 Indianapolis 8:20pm

Oct 24 @Chicago 1:00pm

Oct 31 @Detroit 1:00pm

Week 9 BYE

Nov 15 Philadelphia 8:30pm

Nov 21 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Nov 28 Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 5 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

Dec 12 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Dec 19 @Dallas 1:00pm

Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm

Jan 2 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

I see 3 games there that are gimmie games imo. They are the Rams, the Bucs, and the Lions. The rest of that schedule is brutal. I'd love to see us go 10-6 but I really don't see how the hell we can. Teams we play on the rise Tennessee and Chicago are going to be brutal. Teams good enough to beat us Giants, Eagles, Jacksonville, and Houston are going to be very tough. And look at the elite teams we are going to play...Dallas 2ce, Indy, Minnesota, and Green Bay? How can anyone predict we are going 10-6 this year?

I hope like hell I'm wrong. We were 4-12 last year, to me going 7-9 with our schedule would be awesome to me and I promise to be very happy with it. I just can't see us winning 10 games without some injuries and lucky bounces.

I just can't see us winning 10 games without some injuries and lucky bounces.

It could happen...when it's your year, you get lucky bounces and seem to always play teams at the right time. Look at NO last year...they benefited from a bunch of breaks.

Hell, our Redskins were unchallenged out of the NFC for their last Super Bowl thanks to key injuries (Philadelphia, Detroit, etc.), lucky breaks (vs. Houston, Dallas losing to Detroit in the playoffs, etc.), and great timing (Parcells retiring, 49ers "down year", etc.).

So, though 10 wins seems like a long shot, who knows what types of breaks this team might get. If they get some early breaks and get on a role, 9-10 wins is feasible.

I look at the schedule this way:

Teams we should beat:

Lions

Rams

Bucs

Jags

Teams that are on our level:

Eagles

Giants

Bears

Texans

Titans

Teams that are better than us:

Cowboys

Colts

Vikings

Packers

So I think look at as we should have 4 winnable games. So we'd have to go 6-6 against the rest the schedule. I don't see why we can't go at least .500 in the division. So that gives us 7 wins. So I think we could find 3 wins against the Texans, Bears, Titans, Packers, Vikings, and Colts.

Archived