Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Dan Snyder, thanks for setting the Redskins back in the right direction!!! HTTR!

mossomo

The past is the past and the future is now. Serious Dan, TY. This is the direction OUR team needs to be.

You cut ties with your pal and the face of the organization for over the last decade. You brought in true Redskin blood to run the team. And he got you your coach, and us a Pro Bowl quarterback with the leadership/intangibles we've been lacking. You take full credit for the dead-end we collectively hit ending the last decade. You've closed you're door and have stepped out of the limelight. Ex-players feel welcomed again and have been seen back at the Park. You're blowing up the tailgate; hooked up the high def. Are vying to bring a Super Bowl to Dc, and get Dc back. thx.

Jeez, last year this time, I was eating me Lucky Charms.

We enter this decade (and season) on the positive.

Redskins fans, it's been... We had players, took out one all star, delivered a few more concussions, had mad D, made plays, and got post season; but we haven't seen this type of top down professionalism in a long time.

After the golden years of Gibbs 1:

Pettibone - All I remember was losing every Sunday. He was a bad coach who couldn't scheme or use our MVP SB QB. Rypien gets cut. Welcome Heath Shuler and errrrrrr Gus Ferotte (then Trent Green, and sometime later Ramsey). And the circus begins.

A long circus it was.

Norv Turner - To be fair, Turner didn't out right suck. But all I remember were FOULS. Fouls. And fouls; and a fist fight. Fouls and discipline are a direct reflection of the coach. Westbrook cost us a Wild Card berth. Dan Turk a playoff.

Robiskie - Doesn't count.

Schottenheimer - Gutted the team. Thrash goes on to be Philly's #1 receiver. B.Johnson wins a SB in Florida. I HATE THE BUCCANEERS. Enter Jeff George, and Tony Banks with his fur coat. And Marty's nepotism.

Spurrier - A revolving door for University of Florida players (Gators.2). Stupid slogans.

Gibbs II - To be honest, this was a nostalgia choice. But we made a couple runs. Thank you for the return of this gem. Had to be exciting for gen-y.

Zorn - No one bought in. BINGO. And our FAILED stupid gimmick plays (and Zorn's inability to realize that everyone of those bull**** plays will live on in YouTube).

Welcome back, Dc, to some good old football. Top down, we haven't seen it in so long. Sit back; Shanny was born to run a Dc offense. Run it down your throat then bomb that ball deep. Just wait. Snyder has the deep pockets (Snyder wants to win) for the players ShanAllen (and Kyle) wants.

Snyder, continue us down this road. This is the right direction. Let's chase another Lombardi. These next few seasons will be good...

:helmet:

Edit: Oh yeah, haters, keep your hateraid and start your own thread.

I am thankful for Dan as of lately. But I think this could have been posted some where else in another thread. I do commend you on taking your time to write this up to tho just to let your know. :D

I know, I'm sure there is some other thread somewhere in the Stadium archives congratulating Dan Snyder for something. Why not just post this in that thread. :D

Schottenheimer - Gutted the team. Thrash goes on to be Philly's #1 receiver. B.Johnson wins a SB in Florida. I HATE THE BUCCANEERS. Enter Jeff George, and Tony Banks with his fur coat. And Marty's nepotism.

The lavar pick against carolina is one of my favorite redskin memories. Then a deep ball to Rod Gardner. Changed that entire season......for nothing.

Isnt it sad that it feels like the last umpteen years are just one big mush of blah??

Here's to this thing FINALLY being turned around!!!

isnt this a bit premature?

Yup

One offseason does not change the past 11 years.

Hell, there were similar offseasons to this (prior to 2008, 2007, 2005 and 2001) yet the owner and his minion Cerrato had created such a poisoned culture the team had no chance

It does appear the culture is changing. However it also changed during Gibbs 2.0.

I'll give it a few years before thanking this owner

Well, we can't say if the results will change, but none of those off-seasons were anywhere close to this past off-season (with the exception of maybe 2001).

Even 2001 was different in that we only added Marty (while removing Cerrato). This year, we added a true GM AND a coach with some power. It would be almost impossible for Snyder to reverse this (he'd have to fire two guys to reinstate a yes-man).

I think it's appropriate to thank Snyder for making the right moves...though, as I mentioned, we have no idea how Allen and Shanahan will translate to on-field success.

I think it's appropriate to thank Snyder for making the right moves...though, as I mentioned, we have no idea how Allen and Shanahan will translate to on-field success.
Allen 's resume is strong on salary cap and negotiations, weak on personnel.

Shanahan's two Super Bowls showed he could coach a team built by others, but his ten years in charge yielded one playoff win.

Thanks, Dan. After years of teams that won 47% of their games, a higher level mediocrity is just what this franchise needed.

isnt this a bit premature?

what have you done for me lately man ... people forgive and forget real damn quick.

why on earth would i thank dan for getting us out of a horrible mess HE PUT US IN???????

I will thank dan after a super bowl win ...

10 years people, he has had us over a barrel for 10 years. one good off season of good decisions does not fix everything.

If the only thing Dan was fire Vinny..... he was a successful owner

Man, the low expectations we have as a fan base, now, totally suck.

Hopefully with this regime, we remember what its like to always have high expectations...or should I say, remember what its like to have a REASON to have high expectations.

Allen 's resume is strong on salary cap and negotiations, weak on personnel.

Shanahan's two Super Bowls showed he could coach a team built by others, but his ten years in charge yielded one playoff win.

Thanks, Dan. After years of teams that won 47% of their games, a higher level mediocrity is just what this franchise needed.

OF, you don't have to bring your skepticism into every thread that mentions Allen and/or Shanahan. It's well-documented that you don't believe this team will succeed.

The gist of this thread isn't that we're about to embark on a dynastic run, but that Snyder finally handed over the reigns to football guys who are capable of making better football decisions than he is. I even mentioned in the post you quoted that we have no idea how it will work out on the field, but we're a much better run organization today than we were a year ago.

OF, you don't have to bring your skepticism into every thread that mentions Allen and/or Shanahan. It's well-documented that you don't believe this team will succeed.
So, you feel you have the right to post your opinion, but I should refrain from posting mine in opposition?
The gist of this thread isn't that we're about to embark on a dynastic run, but that Snyder finally handed over the reigns to football guys who are capable of making better football decisions than he is.
No, the point of the thread is set forth in the title: Hey Dan Snyder, thanks for setting the Redskins back in the right direction!!

Your post implied that we don't know what the future will bring. Mine implies that we have a pretty good idea based on extensive resumes.

I even mentioned in the post you quoted that we have no idea how it will work out on the field, but we're a much better run organization today than we were a year ago.
I'm not satisfied with management that is simply better than Snyder and Cerrato working at cross purposes with an over-matched Jim Zorn. If that improvement satisfies you, I'm happy for you.

Oldfan, lets say this season the Redskins go 8-8. Then the next four seasons the team averages 11 wins per season, and we get two NFCCG appearances and one SB appearance in there. Then the last two seasons we again fall into 8-8 territory and Shanahan decides to retire. How would you feel about that run?

OldFan, is your time coming to an end because you seem rather bitter?!
I have been a Redskins fan for 65 of my 75 years. In that time, I have always wanted to root for a team that was trying to be the best team in the NFL.

I don't like the Shanahan hire for the same reason I didn't like the Schottenheimer hire or the Gibbs Two hire. Those men are typical coaches -- more concerned with keeping their jobs by winning now than with building the best team in the league.

So, you feel you have the right to post your opinion, but I should refrain from posting mine in opposition?

When it's on topic, you have every right. We've done this dance before and I've never told you to not post your opinion, so don't fabricate something.

No, the point of the thread is set forth in the title: Hey Dan Snyder, thanks for setting the Redskins back in the right direction!! Your post implied that we don't know what the future will bring. Mine implies that we have a pretty good idea based on extensive resumes.

So, you agree. We don't "know" what will happen from this point forward. That was my only point. In fact, I didn't even imply that we'd have success since it was not really the thread for it. In short, Snyder has improved the way things are being done within this organization...setting the team back in the right direction (moving up instead of down).

I'm not satisfied with management that is simply better than Snyder and Cerrato working at cross purposes with an over-matched Jim Zorn. If that improvement satisfies you, I'm happy for you.

If Allen and Shanahan fail, then I'll want Snyder to again look to improve the front office. I'm happy that he's apparently learned that he should hire football men to make the football decisions. If you can't see that as a major step forward, I'm sorry about that. But, as the thread states, we're moving forward (even if not as much as you'd like) instead of regressing.

Oldfan, lets say this season the Redskins go 8-8. Then the next four seasons the team averages 11 wins per season, and we get two NFCCG appearances and one SB appearance in there. Then the last two seasons we again fall into 8-8 territory and Shanahan decides to retire. How would you feel about that run?
I'm expecting Shanahan's record to be about .570 -- your hypothetical has him at .607, so that would be better than I expect.

However, the regular season record is only half the story because it's possible to build a team that likely to win more than 60% of its regular games, by consistently beating the cupcakes on your schedule, but also likely to be a loser in playoff games. Marty Schottenheimer perfected a scheme like that.

However, the regular season record is only half the story because it's possible to build a team that likely to win more than 60% of its regular games, by consistently beating the cupcakes on your schedule, but also likely to be a loser in playoff games. Marty Schottenheimer perfected a scheme like that.

Agreed Oldfan.....and I'm sure fans in Denver were probably getting a bit upset after the Broncos had suffered yet another blowout playoff loss to the Colts in 2004.

I'm just wondering if there's a happy medium for you between what Shanahan's post-Elway Broncos did and what Belicheck's Patriots have done.

Archived