Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday John Riggins

DieselPwr44

Ironic. People hate Riggo because of his mouth, but defend CP because of his. Not sure you fit into this equation, but regardless, it suits others.

EDIT: And happy birfday Diesel! :cheers:

Both fits into the same category of "better to be seen and not heard". I loved Riggo as a player but has soured on me lately with his petty nonsense towards the organization.

Evidently, Riggo is happily married to a lawyer 15 years his junior, so why the sourpuss expressions from him on all things Redskin these days? :doh:

He has never been shy to speak his mind. He obviously (to you, I, and everyone else) has a deep hatred for Snyder. At times, I agree with him, but he takes it too far. It's just him. He takes everything too far. Like I've said about Portis, I appreciate what he does on the field, and everything else is...just...the eccentricity of his personality.

I find it more intriguing that people stick up for Snyder in one thread, and bash him in the next. It's like the family thing. I can talk smack about a family member, but you better not.

Ironic. People hate Riggo because of his mouth, but defend CP because of his. Not sure you fit into this equation, but regardless, it suits others.

EDIT: And happy birfday Diesel! :cheers:

Not really.

Riggins is "hated" because he's a big fat hypocrite when it comes to blasting Clinton. He rips Clinton for being a bad teammate and only looking out for himself over the team and yet it was good ole Riggo who quit on his team in 1980. Makes a joke about coming back strictly for the money. Sulked and pouted in 1985 when George Rogers took over full time. Spent the next year on his local TV show blasting George Rogers. Embarrassed the franchise getting plastered at a dinner table with Sandra Day O'Conner. Refused to talk to his head coach during much of the 1982 regular season. Oh and of course he has said himself that he has no loyalty to the Redskins and view the organization as nothing more than his place of employment. Riggins has always been about his own ego being stroked and for him to lay into Clinton over the same thing is laughable.

NFL Films mentioned Didier sealing off the safety and Riggins running over the corner, but completely overlooked Clarence Harmon's terrific flying lead block that took out two Dolphins. Oh, well...

That's not Clarence Harmon. That is the man, along with the Hogs, who made Riggins look really good for a few years there. A great special teams player and a lethal short yardage lead blocker, Otis Wonsley. One of the men cited by Joe Gibbs at his HOF induction ceremony.

edit: Oh and Happy Birthday Riggo. You bitter old ****.

I think we need to set aside whatever hatred for him that you have, just for today and wish Riggo a Happy Birthday. He was one of the best players to ever put on a Redskins uniform and single handedly brought us our first Lombardi with over 600 rushing yards in 4 playoff games (still a record). Put away the Haterade for one day and give it a friggin rest.

I just have one question. Is anyone on this damn site ever satisfied? You'd think there were a bunch of 87 year old men in here complaining about the good old days. No matter what positive is brought out, someone has to come into a thread and put a negative spin on it, no matter what.

Archived