Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today - California's Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

The Evil Genius

There is nothing deviant about watching Jessica Alba and Megan Fox kissing each other. Or more.

;)

Or wanting to join in :ladiesman
Just another judge trying to get famous, and going against the will of the state's citizens.
Not always a bad thing (see Brown v. Board).

And in latest news a stay has been issued on the judges ruling

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35377313/Perry-v-Schwarzennegger-Order-Staying-Judgment-Pending-Motion-for-Stay-Pending-Appeal

gee that didn't take long.:2drunks:

Although I'm not surprised, I wonder what orifice they pulled on, to get a justification for a stay.

From what I understand, a stay is granted if implementing the decision would result in irreparable harm. Things like "If you execute this prisoner before his appeal comes up, then you can't un-execute him if he wins the appeal".

Whereas California already has proof that permitting gays to marry did not irreparably harm the state, not did permitting gays to marry in any way prevent later actions from annulling those marriages.

Where's the irreparable harm if the judge's ruling goes into effect?

The Mormon church will have spent $30+ million on getting a prop passed to see it later ruled unconstitutional.

:evilg:

Contemplating the implications of the Mormon Church getting a ballot initiative passed which some people claim will result in the laws outlawing bigamy being ruled unconstitutional.

:paranoid:

Although I'm not surprised, I wonder what orifice they pulled on, to get a justification for a stay.

From what I understand, a stay is granted if implementing the decision would result in irreparable harm. Things like "If you execute this prisoner before his appeal comes up, then you can't un-execute him if he wins the appeal".

Whereas California already has proof that permitting gays to marry did not irreparably harm the state, not did permitting gays to marry in any way prevent later actions from annulling those marriages.

Where's the irreparable harm if the judge's ruling goes into effect?

Actually the judge used the harm done by the last window that opened and closed in Cali....but what does that idiot know?;)

Judge Walker btw

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_15675497

Just another judge trying to get famous, and going against the will of the state's citizens.

Yeah, lets get rid of judges all together and just let mob rule... :beavisnbutthead: Wasn't it judges that went against the mob and gave the election to GB?? :silly: I'll figure this all out one day....

Just like Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, Alito, and Kennedy with Citizens United v. FEC, right?

They're just trying to get famous too. That's the only reason for going against the clearly established will of the citizens. :rolleyes:

if we really cared so much about the sanctity of marriage, why dont we just outlaw divorce?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Take the government out of marriage all together.

I guy can marry his table cloth if he likes. No tax break. No anything. Marriage becomes about a person and his/her partner. If they would like to make a contract so that if they seperate, one gets something like they would in a divorce, fine. So who makes the decisions if a person is knocked unconsious, etc....make people come up with some kind of living will.

I know I don't have all the details worked out and it isn't a perfect fix but....why is government even involved in it to begin with?

While I don't mind the ruling, I think it's insane that one judge (who is likely biased and is from San Francisco where a lot of the marriages took place a few years back) can just nullify the outcome of the votes of the entire state.

That doesn't really make any sense.

It seems like a really worrisome precedent.

Shouldn't it at the least take a statewide panel or something?

Archived