Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Jeremy Jarmon bulking up

terpfan

After recovering from injury, bulked-up Jeremy Jarmon readjusts to football

Didn't see this posted. I thought he was going to be playing at OLB. Looks like they've asked him to play on the line. Very interesting.

Gives us a bit of a log jam at DE assuming Haynesworth sticks around.

Haynesworth

Golston

Carriker

Daniels

Jarmon

Holliday

All solid players, can't see us going three deep at DE though.... Thoughts?

It's not really a logjam at all. The ability to rotate in fresh DL and switch from 3-4 to 4-3 and back is going to be a key aspect of this defense.

It'd be nice. But can we keep 6 guys at a position you only start two guys at? Probably don't want to sacrifice an extra linebacker for a DE if you are running a 3-4 defense.

Say you go with 25 guys on defense (25 offense, 3 special teams). Assuming 5 CBs, 4 safeties, 2 NTs, and 6 DEs that leaves 8 spots for LBs. I could see the coaches wanting to keep more like 9 or 10.

maybe the thought fat albert would be long gone and thus thinner at DE. And told Jarmon to bulk up. Well here is skinny Al and unless he walks or is forced off the team, we got ourselves a log jam.

Maybe Phil Daniels will finally be gone. He has done little here for years. I know a run stopping end was Blaches fav, but Daniels is just.... slow as molasses.

As a DE though, Daniels has great strength to hold his tackle and maybe OG to allow the LBs to rush or shoot gaps to stop the runner. Happy Jarmon will be a DE as they had him at DT in the 4-3...he can do it and we need his youth...same with Golston as Daniels is an injury or age away to being gone after this year.

I think the depth and flexibility is great. I can't wait to see the different looks that Haslett shows this season and to actually have a DC with some imagination. It boggles my mind that some people still gripe about switching out of the 4-3.

The team will probably take 7 DL 2 NT's and 5 DE's and from that I see these making the team right now

DE

Jarmon

Carriker

Daniels

Golston

Holliday

NT

Haynesworth(I have him at both but have him as the primary NT on passing downs)

Kemoeatu( starter at NT with Haynesworth at DE)

This isnt a bad thought and I could definitely see it happening. Only problem with this is if Kemoeatu gets hurt (which let's be honest is a REAL possibility) we are FORCED to play Albert full-time at the nose. Which I dont think anyone would like. Then again I guess we could always snap someone back up to fill in for a while.

Archived