Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just finished Atlas Shrugged

endzone_dave

I'm reading the 6th book of the Aubrey/Maturin series (Master and Commander). I read the first book years ago, but thought a twenty book series to be a bit daunting, so I never bought the second. Even though they're well over three hundred pages each, they're going by pretty quickly. Nearly done the 6th.

I'm reading the 6th book of the Aubrey/Maturin series (Master and Commander). I read the first book years ago, but thought a twenty book series to be a bit daunting, so I never bought the second. Even though they're well over three hundred pages each, they're going by pretty quickly. Nearly done the 6th.

300 pages isn't that long. :/

Maybe I'll tackle him next. I've only read a few of his: Hunt for Red October, Red Storm Rising, and the Cardinal and the Kemlin. Pretty good, but I've always gravitated toward non-fiction.

Red Storm Rising was easily my favorite of the ones I've gotten through. Its also the only one of those that wasn't part of the Jack Ryan series. I actually haven't read anything in awhile. As in... several years. I should probably get back to it at some point.

Now to go deep into the realm of the way out there...LOL But still TRUE. Atlas Shrugged is far more than just A BOOK. Many would be suprized at who exactly Miss Rand used to date, and what he went on to become.

yes, the book is Dianetics-esque to its devotional followers.

/thread.

A lot of people write this as a figure of speech, but what amuses me is that you're one of the few here that actually has the power to do it. :)

Tell that to my collection of Tom Clancy books :)

Clancy himself seems to have gotten Rand-esque near the end. I was always a big fan, but I got a little sick of his character's long-winded political monologues after he got big enough the publisher couldn't make him listen to an editor (something similar happened to Stephen King, apparently, minus the politics, and despite his excellent book On Writing in which he extols the virtues of a vicious editor).

Clancy himself seems to have gotten Rand-esque near the end. I was always a big fan, but I got a little sick of his character's long-winded political monologues after he got big enough the publisher couldn't make him listen to an editor (something similar happened to Stephen King, apparently, minus the politics, and despite his excellent book On Writing in which he extols the virtues of a vicious editor).

I would assume this starts happening after Jack Ryan becomes president? I haven't gotten that far yet.

Archived