Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN.FS: NFL Pre-camp power rankings (Skins at #17)

RansomthePasserby

I'm actually somewhat surprised Hasenmayer ranked us that high. Ahead of the Giants too. Not that power rankings mean anything...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-pre-camp-power-rankings-2010

Edit: Here's what he says about the Redskins.

"17. Redskins (4-12) – PRE-CAMP OUTLOOK: From trading for new QB Donovan McNabb plus OT Jammal Brown and drafting huge tackle Trent Williams, the Redskins have made a serious offseason move. Can this get them out of the cellar in the NFC East? Why not. This team, QB, coach, GM and owner are all motivated beyond belief … well, maybe except Albert Haynesworth."

Funny how one "analyst" will say we don't have the talent to climb out of last place, while the next says we have the motivation to do it. Guess that's why they play the game on Sundays.

You must be joking Power Rankings mean EVERYTHING!!! I mean some computers and some opinions come together and thats how they decide who will play for the Championship. Just kidding. What sport would be dumb enough to do that....

Very well played sir...touché

You must be joking Power Rankings mean EVERYTHING!!! I mean some computers and some opinions come together and thats how they decide who will play for the Championship. Just kidding. What sport would be dumb enough to do that....

The real question is if you start out at #1 n the rankings why play games at all. Just cancel all your games until you get to the championship.

Here is what you need to know. The greatest weaknesses of the skins last season were:

- Head Coach and Offense

- Offensive Line

- QB

We have added:

- Superbowl winning HC and one of the best offensive minds at OC

- Greatly upgraded the OL at the two most important positions, tackles. A highly regarded rookie and a probowl.

- Added one of the better QBs in the league.

The skins have made moves to see drastic changes on the field. The difficulty in the division will be the cowboys. Their team is very good and they will be hard to beat.... not impossible though and we will beat their asses in DC. :point2sky

Here is what you need to know. The greatest weaknesses of the skins last season were:

- Head Coach and Offense

- Offensive Line

- QB

We have added:

- Greatly upgraded the OL at the two most important positions, tackles. A highly regarded rookie and a probowl.

The skins have made moves to see drastic changes on the field. The difficulty in the division will be the cowboys. Their team is very good and they will be hard to beat.... not impossible though and we will beat their asses in DC. :point2sky

See, I'm seeing the same thing. Everyone knew last year our greatest weaknesses were coaching, QB, and OL. We significantly improved in all of these categories.

Just think, if we had the same team last year as we do now, we probably would have won at least 4 or 5 more games. Maybe more.

You got include deep coverage and third down defense. We gave up so many homeruns on defense last year. It wasn't just offense.

the changes on defense are a bit tougher to qualify with the whole scheme-change going on. Should be interesting to see how you guys do in the new scheme.

- Head Coach and Offense

- Offensive Line

- QB

We have added:

That's what I've been saying all offseason. We've fixed our biggest weaknesses. The only questions on this team now are how will they adjust to the 3-4 and which WR will step up. I honestly think the 3-4 won't be a problem, our defense is used to playing with each other and the 3-4 will allow Hasslet to use Orakpo more like a Suggs, Ware, Harrison type player. I have a good feeling that Devin Thomas will step up this season. So I don't see why we can't finish 2nd or 3rd in the division.

As repeatedly mentioned, we did address our big weaknesses. I just feel like if we'd stayed in a 4-3 (the scheme Hazlett's used to), we wouldn't need at least a half season to adjust. The improvements we made on offense should have been enough to help our defense out. The problem last season was the D being on the field so much. Poor 3rd down defense is a symptom of being forced to take the field so much. Fatigue. I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer at all. I'm just nervous that while we plugged some holes on the O, we'll be stunting the growth our D by at least 8 games. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I like Jim Hazlett though, so I'm not going to 2nd guess his adaptive skills.

Really hoping for a 9-10 win season (I can't see many teams improving on their previous season record by more than 4-5 games, which is drastic) but fearing our division will make it hard to get there simply because it's so tough to beat such consistent teams as our 3 foes even if we play well overall. Add to this the fact that we play opponents like Minny and Indy. Wow.

I know you're only kidding but some people like to read different opinions about our team. So if you don't like rankings or things like that, then don't come in and read.

I know you're only kidding but some people like to read different opinions about our team. So if you don't like rankings or things like that, then don't come in and read.

Whoa slow down there Slim....I actually like power rankings. I was simply making a joke based on the OP's statement that they don't mean anything. I don't think you can just sit back and judge that I am trashing power rankings or my enjoyment of opinions of our team just by one comment. Furthermore the comment was directed at the BCS which isn't related to the NFL at all. So Chill.

You got include deep coverage and third down defense. We gave up so many homeruns on defense last year. It wasn't just offense.

And tackling *cough*D. Hall*cough*

Although, I'm just wondering how much of the third down/deep coverage/tackling woes were due to a general team apathy mixed with fatigue. I mean, the entire team, from the coach down, just didn't really seem to care. Maybe under a coach like Shanny, those same guys would be more willing to put it all on the line to stop an oppontent on third down and not be so lazy in coverage.

I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer at all. I'm just nervous that while we plugged some holes on the O, we'll be stunting the growth our D by at least 8 games. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Oooor the transition will go over smooth as butter. :D

A guy can dream...

Whoa slow down there Slim....I actually like power rankings. I was simply making a joke based on the OP's statement that they don't mean anything. I don't think you can just sit back and judge that I am trashing power rankings or my enjoyment of opinions of our team just by one comment. Furthermore the comment was directed at the BCS which isn't related to the NFL at all. So Chill.

It sounded like you were bein a smart a**. No big deal... :)

Archived