Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: 'Jersey Shore' signs Situation and Pauly D

ACW

I'll admit I've never seen the show, but I have friends who watch it and love it. From what they tell me, I think I can describe the success of the show (and, well, most reality TV really) in 1 word:

Schadenfreude

Now I won't comment on the show because I haven't seen so much as a single minute (save for gifs of Snookie getting punched and "The Situation" glaring at somebody off camera), but I will say "**** The Real World" (which I have seen a few episodes of) for allowing the explosion of "reality" TV.

Anyone see the pictures of Snooki getting arrested for public intoxication? HILARIOUS!

0730-snooki-arrest-11-480x720.jpg

pictures are here:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/snooki-got-arrested-07-2010/0730-snooki-arrest-11

I can assure you the Chilean community is shamed by this out of control little monster. If they needed a Chilean on the show they should have gotten Leonor Varela instead :laugh:

What's up with this "This person represents the Italian community", "this person represents the Chilean community" etc. Neither country have anything to do with these people. I don't look at an ******* American and say "He represents all Americans."

I never realized how bad Snooki looks. I got to the ass shot on in the link, and Firefox crashed appropriately.

What's up with this "This person represents the Italian community", "this person represents the Chilean community" etc. Neither country have anything to do with these people. I don't look at an ******* American and say "He represents all Americans."

I never realized how bad Snooki looks. I got to the ass shot on in the link, and Firefox crashed appropriately.

:twitch:

Damn she is SHORT.

I'll admit I've never seen the show, but I have friends who watch it and love it. From what they tell me, I think I can describe the success of the show (and, well, most reality TV really) in 1 word:

Schadenfreude

Now I won't comment on the show because I haven't seen so much as a single minute (save for gifs of Snookie getting punched and "The Situation" glaring at somebody off camera), but I will say "**** The Real World" (which I have seen a few episodes of) for allowing the explosion of "reality" TV.

When the Real World first started, it had a point. There weren't any other shows that took real everyday young adults coping with things like their homosexuality, AIDs, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc., and put them together in a house to see how they interacted and grew. It was an interesting social experiment MTV had going at the time.

Now it's become a parody of its former self (which isn't surprising since it's going on 24 seasons now, kind of hard to keep it running that long), and it's filled with obvious stereotyped casting without any of the honesty that the original seasons had.

Jersey Shore is different though.

First, there aren't any condescending ultra-liberal/ultra-conservative douchebags to lecture others on their lifestyles, spoiled southern belles who can't cope with doing chores around the house, or anyone with automatic prejudice against certain roommates because of their religion/skin color/economic status/etc. It's just a group of people who love to drink, party, and have fun, and they actually get along pretty well and seem fairly genuine (although obviously, with the success of the first season, their individual characters have maybe grown out of control in this second season for the sake of TV ratings).

Second, MTV knows what this series is and what it's all about, and there's no hiding it. It's absolute trainwreck television with no other point than to turn off your brain for an hour while watching some guys explain their strict "gym, tan, laundry" routine before they hit the clubs and try to avoid drunkenly hooking up with ugly girls.

I don't think all brainless TV is good- most of it sucks. Something like "The Real Housewives" is garbage. But Jersey Shore, for what it is, is fairly innocent and just some mindless pop culture fun. If it beat you over the head with a bigger message or took itself seriously at all (like The Real World still tries to do), that would be different.

Just wanted to say that a woman at work today described Jersey Shore as the "best TV show ever"...without a hint of sarcasm. That is all.
:insane:

EDIT:

Daily Show/Colbert Report

CSI Franchise

Numb3rs

Kenan & Kel/All That

Pro Wrestling

Sports

:beavisnbutthead:

Home Improvement

Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain

Just off the top off my head, and look how many I grouped together (lke "sports").

EDIT:

CSI Franchise

Numb3rs

Kenan & Kel/All That

Pro Wrestling

Sports

Home Improvement

Just off the top off my head, and look how many I grouped together (lke "sports").

Lost? Sopranos? X-Files? Jackass? Seinfield? The Office? where were these in your list?

Lost? Sopranos? X-Files? Jackass? Seinfield? The Office? where were these in your list?
I just said off the top of my head.

I forgot Lost.

Watched the first ep of the Sopranos; didn't to anything.

X-Files I've only seen a few.

Jackass is as bad.

Seinfeld is overrated; Michael's a racist and Jerry's a slimeball.

Never saw Office.

Forgot Fox animation.

I forgot Lost.

Jackass is as bad.

Never saw Office.

Forgot Fox animation.

You gave Sopranos ONE EPISODE? WTF

I forgot Lost.

Jackass is as bad.

Never saw Office.

Forgot Fox animation.

I would add House and Dexter to that.

I would add House and Dexter to that.
Don't watch either (though from the commercials, House seems like an asshat), though my parents and sister like Dexter.

Oh yeah, American Gladiators (hell, if nothing else, Gina Carano>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Snooki).

Also the spin-offs "Knights and Warriors" and "Battle Dome."

EDIT:

CSI Franchise

Numb3rs

Kenan & Kel/All That

Pro Wrestling

Sports

Home Improvement

That is a horrible list. Pro Wrestling?! No. I'd rather watch Jersey shore than lubed up men in underwear fake fight. Home Improvement? Is that even still on?

You also left out Man vs Food, Criminal Minds, and Futurama.

That is a horrible list. Pro Wrestling?! No. I'd rather watch Jersey shore than lubed up men in underwear fake fight. Home Improvement? Is that even still on?

And The Tick.

Hey

What?

Hey!

What??

HEY!

WHAT???

Yes pro wrestling; Home Improvement this is ever; Futurama true enough; haven't seen the other 2.

We ran into some of the Jersey Shore kids in Seaside tonight. I had no idea who they were. We were just looking for some classic Skee Ball. They had an entourage and cameramen and bodyguards and a crowd of fans following them down the boardwalk. When they went into a shop, the bodyguards kicked everyone else out.

You know: reality.

At dinner we sat near a college-age girl and her family. She was such a fan of Jersey Shore, she had breached the tightly crafted security perimeter of a shop in order to get a picture of Dweezil or The Dilly-o or whichever guy was in there looking at shirts at the time. Her cunning plan was to use the shop's completely unguarded side entrance. Incredibly, this worked. She got a decent shot as she was bodily "led" out to the boardwalk. So she called the TMZ hotline from her dinner table to try and sell the photo for $500. They didn't answer. She left a message.

I was not terribly surprised to witness this conversation between her and the server:

GIRL: Can I get the quesadillas in vegetarian?

SERVER: Yes.

GIRL: What about the spring rolls?

SERVER: Sure, we can do those vegetarian.

GIRL: What about the wings?

[awkward pause]

SERVER [and everyone else at the girl's table]: :yikes::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::applause:

EDIT:

CSI Franchise

Numb3rs

Kenan & Kel/All That

Pro Wrestling

Sports

Home Improvement

:gang: How could you forget Deadliest Warrior?!?! :hammer:

Archived