Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: 'Jersey Shore' signs Situation and Pauly D

ACW

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38331721/ns/today-entertainment

Sources say the cable network has locked up The Situation and Pauly D to continue on "Jersey Shore" for a third season. Deals for the rest of the cast are either done, or very close to it.

Either way, with the heavy hitters signing, nobody is expected to hold out and production is expected to resume within the next few days.

The cast initially asked the network for $30,000 each per episode — a 200 percent raise. MTV countered with a number that's close to that figure.

Not every member of the cast will receive the exact same number, however. As reported on celebrity website TMZ.com, The Situation was also offered a hefty bonus should "Jersey" meet certain ratings targets.

The "Jersey" cast shot the first season for $5,000 per episode, and then haggled a salary bump to $10,000 for the second season, which premieres July 29.

:shot:

Why don't these douches visit the Bermuda Triangle :mad:

$30k per episode for being a douche? :cuss:

Here's the kicker. If all the idiots out there would stop watching shows like this, those idiots wouldn't get paid $30K an episode. It's not their fault the rest of America is stupid enough to watch this garbage. That's why the networks keep creating these ridiculous reality shows. WE KEEP WATCHING THEM!

Why is there so much hatred for this show? It's no more ridiculous than any other reality television...
Cause the characters seem like SUCH douches.

Speaking of Snooki:

snooki.gif

:owned: :evilg:

ACW,

For someone who dislikes Twilight, Jersey Shore, anything "popular", you sure do post a lot about them.

:applause:

I might be wrong because I only watched bits and pieces of it, but didn't some of the cast actually come off as half-decent individuals by the end? Or am I way off base here?

Yeah, they're okay...I enjoy the show, but then again I enjoy a lot of trashy tv.

It's funny. It's like watching a trainwreck.

See, I've tried looking at it from that perspective, too. I'd like to think I have a pretty sick sense of humor; but I just find myself squirming uncomfortably in my chair watching stuff like this.

I mean, I know reality television is pretty scripted; but knowing people like that actually exist bothers me. It genuinely bothers me.

Wow MTV must be run by idiots! $10k per episode for what? There's people without jobs struggling to make a living and these idiots are getting paid $10k an episode to fight each other, drink, and fight other people :doh:

What does this statement have to do with anything? This cast draws people to the TV, and I think a person generating money for a company should be making money.

So now you're celebrating violence against women. Stay Classy.

I doubt anyone is celebrating violence against women.

Here's the kicker. If all the idiots out there would stop watching shows like this, those idiots wouldn't get paid $30K and episode. It's not their fault the rest of America is stupid enough to watch this garbage. That's why the networks keep creating these ridiculous reality shows. WE KEEP WATCHING THEM!

my take exactly. Its all a matter of supply and demand. We continue to support by watching, even though we complain. Once people stop watching, ratings will drop, and they will cancel. Point blank

Archived