Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: 'Jersey Shore' signs Situation and Pauly D

ACW

You know they don't. With fame comes pressure to fit the part. 10-30k an episode may seem like a lot but it's not. Not when you have to show up at parties with multi-millionaire celebs and try to fit in. You know they'll spend too much on clothes, housing, cars, and entertainment... and then once the clock strikes 12 they'll all be in bankruptcy court.

Let's calculate something here: they got 10k an episode for season 2. 12 episodes. 120k - taxes. That's a lot of money? It's not pocket change but it's not going to put you in a nice house with a nice car. It's basically going to allow you to take a year off work and live a middle class life style. 30k becomes 360k which is a nice chunk of change that if properly managed could turn into income producing assets or something that can be churned to produce some income.

Odds of them saving their cash? zero. :ols:

They also get thousands of dollars for appearances

Exactly. 1 trip to Tiffany, Louie V or the Bentley dealership and all that cash goes bye bye.

It makes me laugh when people talk about how much MTV is "shelling out" to keep them on board. That is pocket change to MTV, especially when compared to the buzz these kunckleheads generate. While I personally cannot stand MTV, I respect the fact that they know how to both generate their own wave and ride it to the end.

I don't see these people falling on hard times like a former boxer or something, they might act stupid but they're not STUPID, didn't a few of them go to college? Plus they all seem to come from middle class families and not the hood and they're not supporting their whole crew and family like hood rich athletes.

I think they are just riding their fifteen minutes I just don't see how this show can last another season anyways with the same cast.

I watch, because it's entertaining. Does that mean I have a mean fist pump and live by the GTL motto...No...but that doesn't mean I can't get a kick out of watching those that do.

But let's be real here..this show took off once Snookie got punched...everyone was all "Did you see the show where the girl got punched?"

Besides that blast off, the show would have been a flop.

I love The Jersey Show crew.

It all boils down to Situation, Pauly D, Snooki, and J-Woww. I can never even remember the names of the other people on the show, probably because they don't do anything except stand around in the background.

Their next season starts in a few days, in Miami instead of Jersey. It's terribly trashy, yeah, but they know and play it up. They're just playing roles for the sake of this show.

I don't see these people falling on hard times like a former boxer or something, they might act stupid but they're not STUPID, didn't a few of them go to college? Plus they all seem to come from middle class families and not the hood and they're not supporting their whole crew and family like hood rich athletes.

I think they are just riding their fifteen minutes I just don't see how this show can last another season anyways with the same cast.

"The Situation" was reportedly going to apply for (or already applied) unemployment. I think only Pauly had a real good gig making money before the show.

But I'm sure they're all fluent in Italian.

What is "Jersey Trash"? You mean the guys coming down from NY to have a good time in Jersey? Just trying to follow your logic here.....

Just...how can some of you be actually defending this abomination against humanity? What possible redeeming qualities can it have? I mean, I dig some stupid stuff, too; but I can usually give it some kind of legitimate perk. What can you possibly say on behalf of this abortion?

Its not going to be much of a reality show when they know people like to watch them...of course they are going to act differently now...its bull****. If anything, they should have started up a new show with the Persians or the Asians so we can make fun of them :pfft:

**** reality tv...this stuff is annoying

Amen; but we really only have ourselves to blame for all this. If we didn't take the friggin' bate with Survivor, we might not have this problem.

Some dumb ***** that nobody liked when she went to VT was punched in the face by Sammi at some club while they were down there shooting...apparently she signed waivers saying they could use footage sooo we're all kinda hoping it's on the show....:evilg::evilg: seriously, I know I sound mean, but this girl was awful...

& I can't wait for season two :D

Archived