Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins' receivers to join Donovan McNabb for "hell week" (MET)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Wow, reading that blurb about the actual workout, I think that our WR's will gain even more respect for their leader after going through this with him. And hopefully they'll do plenty of throwing and catching out there as well.

I can understand some other players resting before camp, but our receivers certainly will benefit from this. Any other workout I would consider over working themselves

...And it makes you consider why guys like Hank Baskett & Jason Avant and other no-name WRs were so efficient with McNabb. I can't imagine our group not improving from this.

Wow, reading that blurb about the actual workout, I think that our WR's will gain even more respect for their leader after going through this with him. And hopefully they'll do plenty of throwing and catching out there as well.

...It actually sounds like training camp before training camp. DM5 is most def. the leader we've been looking for.

...It actually sounds like training camp before training camp. DM5 is most def. the leader we've been looking for.

Here it is!!

After a rest, McNabb summons the players to an area high school field in the late afternoon, where they work on routes. They also will assemble for seven-on-seven drills, against some other athletes trained by Fischer, including Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.

For McNabb and his receivers, every repetition, every throw and every snap is another small step in one of the game's most important relationships.

"You want to get on that same page where he knows where I'm going to break out at when we're running certain routes," said Thomas, the third-year receiver. "Just so you can get that confidence to where we've done it before without the pads on and without the pressure on. So when we get in those clutch situations in games, you have that comfort level you need."

After the workouts, McNabb and his teammates head to a movie or dinner. The key, they say, is just being around each other as much as possible.

VERY pumped about this! It will only build more chemistry with McNabb and I hope that trainer is kicking the **** out of DT and MK so they come to camp and preseason ready to go. Cant help but get excited about this. As much as the JC supports liked him for being easy going, this is what he lacked.

yeah, it is....:ols:

:ols: Okay, I was joking about the welling up with tears part. I am really excited about the fact that these guys are taking the offseason very seriously this year. It seemed during the Zorn era, and even Gibbs last two years, that guys were just going through the motions, treating camp like it was a day spa/resort, and reflected in their play on the field. This a very good sign that all of these guys believe in what Shanny is selling.

This, is the best news i've heard all off-season.

That is leadership when your QB is the hardest workest guy on the offense he can demand more effort, more focus etc from his players all while bonding and building chemistry.

Collective suffering/effort/sacrifice as a means of bonding is one of the oldest tricks in the book and still remains one of the most effective.

He's raising the bar on how much individuals are willing to sacrifice for the team to play its best.

I love it.

I hope everyone shows up and get a lot of good work in.

PLUS...these are the speed guys who need the extra endurance work because they are the ones doing wind sprints throughout the game.....McNabb will now know which of his colts needs a rest during the game and how far he can push them at game tempo.

These are the personal traits of each player that are not so evident during training camp, because of all the chaos, but are very evident in a one on one situation.

Man going to Arizona in JULY is not a natural act!!! These guys have to be serious. I bet they play some B Ball @ Scottsdale College with Fitz and the rest of the Locals down there, Mcnabb can play B Ball. These games our pick up games but there intense workouts,

If we could have kept Area 51 going, I'd be perfectly happy with Landry at SS, over Revis as our #1 CB.

I agree . People forget what Landry was brought in to do, and I think Blache forgot what he was doing last year .

I am kind of pumped to see what Landry does this year, I am hoping he will bounce back like Taylor did after a similar year 3 blip .

I was as much a Campbell supporter as anyone and I still hope he does well, but I think this kind of thing shows the difference between someone who will do anything asked of him and a real leader ...

Archived